Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 119

Thread: NFL to play Black national anthem before game...

  1. #51
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23,382
    Amen (Given)
    6700
    Amen (Received)
    8358
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    I love a Christian who advocates nuanced reading of sacred text but interprets BLM as meaning only “black lives matter.” It doesn’t get more stupid than that.
    It's because "Black Lives Matter" itself rejects a more nuanced understanding of its name. If you try to interpret it as being inclusive of not just blacks then they blast you as a racist.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  2. #52
    tWebber whag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,844
    Amen (Given)
    576
    Amen (Received)
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It's because "Black Lives Matter" itself rejects a more nuanced understanding of its name. If you try to interpret it as being inclusive of not just blacks then they blast you as a racist.
    Says the guy who believes mere peaceful kneeling is racist.

  3. #53
    Professor KingsGambit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Triangle
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,565
    Amen (Given)
    1893
    Amen (Received)
    5051
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    Because it’s a reaction to the hyperliteral interpretation of BLM, you knob.
    I'm surprised you're not picking up on the more complex interplay here; BLM can refer to the phrase itself, or to the organization. Detractors tend to focus on the organization regardless of whether the phrase is meant; supporters tend to focus on the phrase regardless of whether the organization is meant.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

  4. Amen whag amen'd this post.
  5. #54
    tWebber Whateverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,369
    Amen (Given)
    337
    Amen (Received)
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Who is the they? The ones painting Hammer and Sickles on statues.

    Attachment 46294
    Ignoring the fact that this image has no source, and that you've given us no way to know the identity or affiliation of the people who did the spray painting - this image has nothing to do with adding a song to the beginning of a football game.

    I recognize that you want to roll all of these ideas in your head into something overly-simple like "black national anthem BAD!", but you're literally making no effort to explain what this has to do with the music played at a sporting event.

  6. #55
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    62,366
    Amen (Given)
    1251
    Amen (Received)
    22413
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    I love a Christian who advocates nuanced reading of sacred text but interprets BLM as meaning only “black lives matter.” It doesn’t get more stupid than that.
    And yet we're told that All Lives Matters is the opposite of Black Lives Matters so it seems that the stupid ones are those who insist on re-interpreting what BLM insists on. Y'all just can't accept that they are adamant about it meaning exactly what they says it does.

    Yet another instance of leftists telling minorities what to think. BLM firmly contend that All Lives Matters is racist and that Black Lives Matters is the exact opposite of All Lives Matters. But folks like you maintain that BLM has it all wrong and what they really mean is...

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  7. #56
    tWebber whag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,844
    Amen (Given)
    576
    Amen (Received)
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    And yet we're told that All Lives Matters is the opposite of Black Lives Matters so it seems that the stupid ones are those who insist on re-interpreting what BLM insists on. Y'all just can't accept that they are adamant about it meaning exactly what they says it does.

    Yet another instance of leftists telling minorities what to think. BLM firmly contend that All Lives Matters is racist and that Black Lives Matters is the exact opposite of All Lives Matters. But folks like you maintain that BLM has it all wrong and what they really mean is...
    You okay there, bro?

  8. #57
    Professor KingsGambit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Triangle
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,565
    Amen (Given)
    1893
    Amen (Received)
    5051
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    Ignoring the fact that this image has no source, and that you've given us no way to know the identity or affiliation of the people who did the spray painting - this image has nothing to do with adding a song to the beginning of a football game.

    I recognize that you want to roll all of these ideas in your head into something overly-simple like "black national anthem BAD!", but you're literally making no effort to explain what this has to do with the music played at a sporting event.
    I'm not inclined to take people claiming to be BLM/antifa/whatever at face value. I found the 4chan thread where people were making fake BLM posters calling for discrimination/attacks against white people to frame the BLM movement.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

  9. #58
    tWebber whag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,844
    Amen (Given)
    576
    Amen (Received)
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I'm not inclined to take people claiming to be BLM/antifa/whatever at face value. I found the 4chan thread where people were making fake BLM posters calling for discrimination/attacks against white people to frame the BLM movement.
    The problem is polarity, which Trump gladly exacerbates. Both extremes are so desperate, they’re trying to fake frame each other.

  10. Amen KingsGambit amen'd this post.
  11. #59
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    28,474
    Amen (Given)
    2270
    Amen (Received)
    5897
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    Ignoring the fact that this image has no source, and that you've given us no way to know the identity or affiliation of the people who did the spray painting - this image has nothing to do with adding a song to the beginning of a football game.

    I recognize that you want to roll all of these ideas in your head into something overly-simple like "black national anthem BAD!", but you're literally making no effort to explain what this has to do with the music played at a sporting event.
    That was a Columbus statue and the BLM founder said that they were trained in Marxist tactics and ideology. That is not enough for you? And yes a black national anthem is bad because it is based on a lie - there is no Black nation here. And it is exclusive - meant for black people. What about Asian and Latino Americans, where is their national anthem? And this is all part and parcel of removing The Star-Spangled Banner IMO.

    Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be replaced with a new US national anthem

    https://www.classicfm.com/discover-m...slavery-links/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

  12. #60
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    62,366
    Amen (Given)
    1251
    Amen (Received)
    22413
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I'm not inclined to take people claiming to be BLM/antifa/whatever at face value. I found the 4chan thread where people were making fake BLM posters calling for discrimination/attacks against white people to frame the BLM movement.
    This is one of these cases where they say and do enough themselves without anyone have to fake stuff.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •