Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL to play Black national anthem before game...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    You okay there, bro?
    Matthew 7:3-5, bro.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Matthew 7:3-5, bro.
    Maybe take more comfort in scripture than lollygag here as if you’re making a difference?

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    That was a Columbus statue and the BLM founder said that they were trained in Marxist tactics and ideology. That is not enough for you? And yes a black national anthem is bad because it is based on a lie - there is no Black nation here. And it is exclusive - meant for black people. What about Asian and Latino Americans, where is their national anthem? And this is all part and parcel of removing The Star-Spangled Banner IMO.

Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be replaced with a new US national anthem

https://www.classicfm.com/discover-m...slavery-links/
    Oh noez! Someone somewhere has said something I disagree strongly with! This means everything that person says/does is wrong and must be opposed too!

Imagine what the world would be like if more people thought like you. Imagine how uncivil the conversation we're having would get if I treated your signature the same way.

--

Bottom line: this one guy's position on a song doesn't reflect upon all members of BLM, nor is it related in any way to the NFL's decision to play an additional song at the beginning of a football game.

4. Amen whag amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    Says the guy who believes mere peaceful kneeling is racist.
    And where did I say that?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    Oh noez! Someone somewhere has said something I disagree strongly with! This means everything that person says/does is wrong and must be opposed too!

Imagine what the world would be like if more people thought like you. Imagine how uncivil the conversation we're having would get if I treated your signature the same way.

--

Bottom line: this one guy's position on a song doesn't reflect upon all members of BLM, nor is it related in any way to the NFL's decision to play an additional song at the beginning of a football game.
    It is the cumulative evidence; statues of Founders being destroyed, the Marxism of BLM, the false narrative of systemic police racism used as a wedge issue, calling a song a black national anthem when that too is a lie (there is no black nation) and voices calling for The Star-Spangled Banner to be replaced.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That was a Columbus statue and the BLM founder said that they were trained in Marxist tactics and ideology And yes a black national anthem is bad because it is based on a lie - there is no Black nation here. And it is exclusive - meant for black people.
    What specific line in the song is exclusive?
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It is the cumulative evidence; statues of Founders being destroyed, the Marxism of BLM, the false narrative of systemic police racism used as a wedge issue, calling a song a black national anthem when that too is a lie (there is no black nation) and voices calling for The Star-Spangled Banner to be replaced.
    You are literally taking a bunch of disparate ideas and smooshing them into a complaint about a song being played at a football game. Each of those things might be worthy of legitimate complaints, but they don't serve as "cumulative evidence" for anything.

Sorry, but it doesn't actually make any sense. You and I are going to continue to disagree because of this, so for that reason, I'll let you have the last word on it, because no further progress is going to be made.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    You are literally taking a bunch of disparate ideas and smooshing them into a complaint about a song being played at a football game. Each of those things might be worthy of legitimate complaints, but they don't serve as "cumulative evidence" for anything.

Sorry, but it doesn't actually make any sense. You and I are going to continue to disagree because of this, so for that reason, I'll let you have the last word on it, because no further progress is going to be made.
    That is your opinion, mine is that all this is being pushed by leftists radicals to one degree or another.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    What specific line in the song is exclusive?
    It this isn't black specific then why play it before NFL games? Why call it the black national anthem?

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It this isn't black specific then why play it before NFL games? Why call it the black national anthem?
    Is it only the media calling it that maybe? I’m scratching my head as well on that one.