Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

BLM and MLK - not so much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does matter if elections officials are racist because that casts a pall over the legitimacy of elections. In North Carolina, the state Republican Party was caught discussing their gerrymandering specifically aimed at black voters... to say that this doesn't matter because there will always be racism is cynicism that I don't see a reason a Christian should accept.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
      No, I simply mean MLK understands why riots happen,
      He's dead, you know.

while you seem to be threatened by it.
      I really wish you guys would stop this dishonest debate crap. I am not "threatened" by riots, but I can't see any justification for burning and looting, PARTICULARLY when the burning and looting is against the very people that should be upset.

I expect pastors
      The gratuitous dig

to be a little more informed about what happens when the consequences of evil national acts carry over to the next generation and sick societies crumble.
      Left unchecked, it leads to anarchy.

Well (time to brag again ) I don't just talk, I do.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        People shouldn't feel threatened by riots?
        I'm not - so far - cause our community doesn't do that. yet
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          It does matter if elections officials are racist because that casts a pall over the legitimacy of elections. In North Carolina, the state Republican Party was caught discussing their gerrymandering specifically aimed at black voters... to say that this doesn't matter because there will always be racism is cynicism that I don't see a reason a Christian should accept.
          The fact that he had the gall to ask why it mattered says much about why the problem of brazen racism persists.

Comment

The fact she made it public makes it doubtful she'll do anything underhanded. And if she does, that just makes her culpable. But the fact she's racist doesn't validate BLM and their lie that racism is nationally systemic. That was whag's point posting it in this thread. Racism is a thing. Systemic racism is not a thing. You guys are confusing the two.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
              The fact she made it public makes it doubtful she'll do anything underhanded. And if she does, that just makes her culpable. But the fact she's racist doesn't validate BLM and their lie that racism is nationally systemic. That was whag's point posting it in this thread. Racism is a thing. Systemic racism is not a thing. You guys are confusing the two.
              Do you believe systemic racism was ever a thing? How about in the 50s?

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                Do you believe systemic racism was ever a thing? How about in the 50s?
                Definitely, up to the 70s even when Biden was working with southern white supremacists to oppose desegregation. That's when actual racist policy was being instituted.

Comment

In North Carolina, the state Republican Party was caught discussing their gerrymandering specifically aimed at black voters... to say that this doesn't matter because there will always be racism is cynicism that I don't see a reason a Christian should accept.
                  Do you think they would try to gerrymander those districts if blacks voted mostly Republican? Of course not, again, it is not about race but politics. And BTW both sides gerrymander when they are in power.
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Some in the Left-leaning media are starting to come to their senses. They're actually looking at (gasp) the statistics!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/3235072001/

... more ...

Comment

Some in the Left-leaning media are starting to come to their senses. They're actually looking at (gasp) the statistics!

... more ...
                      Facts are racist.

Comment

... more ...
                        This has been demonstrated again and again, over and over. Studies that looked into this keep finding that if you are white and get into an altercation with the police you are more likely to get killed than if you're black. That this is the case is why studies are now trying to determine why this is the case.

Posted this while the Ferguson shooting was still hot

And the Washington Times recently ran this:

Source: Police kill more whites than blacks, but minority deaths generate more outrage

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Wrt the last statistic, a recent study that a black person living in Chicago has an 1.13 in 1000 chance of being shot. Period. Funny how groups like Black Lives Matter and liberal politicians aren't up in arms (no pun intended) about this. But then they can't blame whites, or the police or give their typical knee jerk reaction of demanding stricter gun control since Chicago already has some of the toughest gun laws in the country.

Here's an article for the left to studiously ignore: 5 Statistics You Need To Know About Cops Killing Blacks

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment