Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More About Taliban Bounties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Yeah, the cry from liberals is "Trump should have warned our troops!"

Warned them about what, that somebody in a war zone might try to kill? I think they might already know that.
    Hey troops! Them Taliban boys is nasty!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I don't know if they did or not. But the US pays bounties, too. BIG ones. It's part of war, and we've been in proxy wars with Russia and/or the Soviet Union for how long, now?
      I do not believe the U.S. pays bounties on Russian servicemen. If we did, I would consider that launching a war with Russia. So I do not expect Russia (from the top) to do that either.

It's kinda like "they're gonna kill our troops" but the bounties make them kill our troops deader?

I think the liberals are REALLY underestimating our guys in the field - "heads on a swivel".

ETA: The only difference between the bounties we pay and the bounties others may pay against us - we call ours "rewards".
      Bounties move the boundary from a cold war to a hot one. I don't believe we should even be having a cold war with Russia anymore. We need to reassess that relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        I do not believe the U.S. pays bounties on Russian servicemen.
        Nor do I.

If we did, I would consider that launching a war with Russia. So I do not expect Russia (from the top) to do that either.
        It would not surprise me - they're still miffed that we killed some of their senior commanders in Syria.

Bounties move the boundary from a cold war to a hot one. I don't believe we should even be having a cold war with Russia anymore. We need to reassess that relationship.
        We will still have proxy wars.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Nor do I.

It would not surprise me - they're still miffed that we killed some of their senior commanders in Syria.
          If you mean "senior commanders" as the group that attacked a makeshift U.S. base? It was purely defensive on the U.S. part.

Plus, Putin disavowed them as private "mercenaries" who just happened to be Russians. Maybe he disavowed them because they were slaughtered so handily, and it embarrassed him? I don't know.

We will still have proxy wars.
          I just don't see the need for confrontations with Russia. They have their sphere and concerns over in their corner of the world, and we have ours. It's not like they are the old Soviet Union pushing ideology around the world anymore.

What did Obama call it, a "reset button"? His was faulty. Time to try it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
            What did Obama call it, a "reset button"? His was faulty. Time to try it again.
            Yeah, Good ol' Hillary....

And messed up the Russian word.

Comment

Yeah, Good ol' Hillary....

And messed up the Russian word.
              You know, if nothing else, I am happier than a clam in the sand that Hillary was sent packing.

She absolutely made my skin crawl.

Comment