Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

It’s time to talk about what’s going on with Donald Trump’s cognitive abilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    His unwillingness to read the PDB is what you're claiming doesn't exist.
    How is that evidence of mental unfitness? It's not unusual for presidents not to read the entirety of the Presidential Daily Brief. Obama certainly never did, and he infamously skipped over half of the verbal briefings while in office, too.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      https://www.palmerreport.com/analysi...ilities/30250/

Frustrated by the rather childish and amateur Trump campaign ads on my Facebook newsfeed, I asked whether Donald Trump was running for president of the United States or president of his fifth grade student council. Not only does he use the same repetitive nonsense about Joe Biden losing his cognitive abilities, the production value of these ads is terrible. I’m probably not alone in this either – seeing that it’s a desperate and hollow attack that doesn’t distract from how woefully incompetent Donald Trump has been as president.

When Biden himself was being interviewed on television about Donald Trump’s latest scandal involving Russia – namely, Trump’s attempts to plead ignorance on the whole thing – he decided to go there and ask if Trump’s memory was okay. Biden pointed out: “This president talks about cognitive ability. He doesn’t seem to be cognitively aware of what’s going on. He either reads and/or gets briefed on important issues and he forgets it, or he doesn’t think it’s necessary that he needs to know it.”

This is a serious concern that Palmer Report has been asking for awhile, and it’s time that the mainstream media starts to ask it as well. Joe Biden pushed even further, asking why Trump didn’t check with the intelligence communities to see if the issue had been resolved, which means he’s either physically incapable of performing his duties as president, or dangerously corrupt, though the majority of our readers have probably believed it to be a combination of both of these things for a long time.

When President Reagan sought re-election and the subject of his age came up at a debate, he famously quipped that he would refuse to exploit his opponent’s “youth and inexperience” – a reply that even got a laugh from his opponent, former Vice President Mondale. Many people remember that as the moment when it was clear Reagan would win. For Joe Biden, this may have been one of those moments.
      I think the cognitive abilities of Trumps supporters need be questioned as well, not necessarily because they support a cognitively impaired man, but because they support the cognitively impaired mans actions as President.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        At any rate, there's nothing here that would reasonably cause one to doubt Trump's mental health.
        His unwillingness to read the PDB is what you're claiming doesn't exist.
        How is that evidence of mental unfitness?
        Anyone who refuses to do things critical to his job performance, and then tells everyone how good of a job he's doing, is mentally unstable.

Comment

Anyone who refuses to do things critical to his job performance, and then tells everyone how good of a job he's doing, is mentally unstable.
          Trump has the most and stablest brains ever! The best brains! Nobody has more brains than him.

Comment

You should be sure to warm up first before stretching that far or you could risk injuring yourself.

Comment

You should be sure to warm up first before stretching that far or you could risk injuring yourself.
              You not wanting to address what I wrote doesn't reflect a character flaw on my part.

I suspect you knew this when you replied...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Trump has the most and stablest brains ever! The best brains! Nobody has more brains than him.
                You make him sound like a zombie from The Return of the Living Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                  You make him sound like a zombie from The Return of the Living Dead.
                  He's the best zombie!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    I think the cognitive abilities of Trumps supporters need be questioned as well, not necessarily because they support a cognitively impaired man, but because they support the cognitively impaired mans actions as President.
                    There is SO much wrong with that statement.

Good to see you, Jim.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Actually, there are other options.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Actually, there are other options.
                        Careful, or he'll accuse you of not wanting to address his point, and that really stings!

Comment

Careful, or he'll accuse you of not wanting to address his point, and that really stings!
                          I'll try my best to keep a stiff upper lip.

Comment

This looks suspiciously like conspiracy theory nuttery. At any rate, there's nothing here that would reasonably cause one to doubt Trump's mental health.
                            As if politicians do not routinely lie about what exactly they knew or when they knew it to save face? That's not a conspiracy, that's just plain old lying.

Think of it this way: what's the best way to create plausible deniability in nearly everything? Don't ever have anyone send you anything in writing, and you don't send them anything in writing. Do everything face to face or over the phone, and then you can claim "so-and-so never told me that". Hillary Clinton seemed to structure the flow of information to herself in that manner (Benghazi, anyone?) and Trump does something similar. It's smart practice if you're a politician and willing to lie about nearly anything to save face.
                            Last edited by myth; 07-07-2020, 07:10 PM.
                            "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment