Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

It’s time to talk about what’s going on with Donald Trump’s cognitive abilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s time to talk about what’s going on with Donald Trump’s cognitive abilities

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysi...ilities/30250/

Frustrated by the rather childish and amateur Trump campaign ads on my Facebook newsfeed, I asked whether Donald Trump was running for president of the United States or president of his fifth grade student council. Not only does he use the same repetitive nonsense about Joe Biden losing his cognitive abilities, the production value of these ads is terrible. I’m probably not alone in this either – seeing that it’s a desperate and hollow attack that doesn’t distract from how woefully incompetent Donald Trump has been as president.

When Biden himself was being interviewed on television about Donald Trump’s latest scandal involving Russia – namely, Trump’s attempts to plead ignorance on the whole thing – he decided to go there and ask if Trump’s memory was okay. Biden pointed out: “This president talks about cognitive ability. He doesn’t seem to be cognitively aware of what’s going on. He either reads and/or gets briefed on important issues and he forgets it, or he doesn’t think it’s necessary that he needs to know it.”

This is a serious concern that Palmer Report has been asking for awhile, and it’s time that the mainstream media starts to ask it as well. Joe Biden pushed even further, asking why Trump didn’t check with the intelligence communities to see if the issue had been resolved, which means he’s either physically incapable of performing his duties as president, or dangerously corrupt, though the majority of our readers have probably believed it to be a combination of both of these things for a long time.

When President Reagan sought re-election and the subject of his age came up at a debate, he famously quipped that he would refuse to exploit his opponent’s “youth and inexperience” – a reply that even got a laugh from his opponent, former Vice President Mondale. Many people remember that as the moment when it was clear Reagan would win. For Joe Biden, this may have been one of those moments.

The Palmer Report? Really?
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      The Palmer Report? Really?
      This thread is the first time I've ever heard of it. After a few minutes of poking around it, I've concluded it's a relatively small media-blog that's pretty strongly anti-Trump. I'm surprised by the number of comments some of the articles get, though, so just how small it is I can't be sure.

---

Back on topic: I've been questioning Trump's mental acuity since the first time I heard him speak in front of a crowd. When left to his own devices, he has difficulty expressing thoughts coherently, and tends to drift from one idea to another without completing any of them.

I hate to keep bringing him up, but I love John Oliver's show. A few years back, he did a segment on Trump's speeches, noticing that Trump sounded exactly like what you'd get if you typed an entire paragraph on your iPhone, using only predictive text to complete each word.

Here's the two and a half minute clip from that episode (brief language warning close to 1:20):

Last edited by Whateverman; 07-04-2020, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Nothing but a feeble attempt to distract attention away from the fact that the left is trying to foist someone who is undeniably brain addled and suffering from dementia onto the American public as a replacement

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
          This thread is the first time I've ever heard of it. After a few minutes of poking around it, I've concluded it's a relatively small media-blog that's pretty strongly anti-Trump. I'm surprised by the number of comments some of the articles get, though, so just how small it is I can't be sure.

---

Back on topic: I've been questioning Trump's mental acuity since the first time I heard him speak in front of a crowd. When left to his own devices, he has difficulty expressing thoughts coherently, and tends to drift from one idea to another without completing any of them.

I hate to keep bringing him up, but I love John Oliver's show. A few years back, he did a segment on Trump's speeches, noticing that Trump sounded exactly like what you'd get if you typed an entire paragraph on your iPhone, using only predictive text to complete each word.

Here's the two and a half minute clip from that episode (brief language warning close to 1:20):

John Oliver is hilarious. Love that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
            John Oliver is hilarious. Love that guy.
            Too bad he doesn't trouble himself very much over details like facts and accuracy.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Nothing but a feeble attempt to distract attention away from the fact that the left is trying to foist someone who is undeniably brain addled and suffering from dementia onto the American public as a replacement
              I guess people are in for the funniest (in a tragic way) presidential debates ever!

Comment

At least we no longer hear nonsense about Trump being a secret super genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                  At least we no longer hear nonsense about Trump being a secret super genius.
                  You don't have to be a super genius when your opponents keep acting like fools and idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                    I guess people are in for the funniest (in a tragic way) presidential debates ever!
                    More than a few rumblings from the Democrats laying groundwork to cancel any debates.

Trump actually fared well against Hillary. Biden appears to be growing increasingly senile every week. He might very well wander off stage like he's done recently during video press releases/speeches like he's forgot what he's doing or where he is.
                    Last edited by rogue06; 07-05-2020, 05:36 AM. Reason: remove a "to"

Comment

More than a few rumblings from the Democrats laying groundwork to cancel any debates.

Trump actually fared well against Hillary. Biden appears to be growing increasingly senile every week. He might very well wander off stage like he's done recently during video press releases/speeches like he's forgot what he's doing or where he is.
                      They are quite transparent.

At least Joe will tell us his time is up before he walks off. "Time for hot milk and a nap!"

Comment

Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                        https://www.palmerreport.com/analysi...ilities/30250/

When Biden himself was being interviewed on television about Donald Trump’s latest scandal involving Russia – namely, Trump’s attempts to plead ignorance on the whole thing – he decided to go there and ask if Trump’s memory was okay. Biden pointed out: “This president talks about cognitive ability. He doesn’t seem to be cognitively aware of what’s going on. He either reads and/or gets briefed on important issues and he forgets it, or he doesn’t think it’s necessary that he needs to know it.”
                        First of all, "scandal".

Do liberals even know what that word means?

Second, multiple named sources have said on the record that the President was not specifically informed about the supposed Russian bounties because the claims were not considered credible, and indeed today there remains much dispute over their veracity.

So claiming that we can determine Trump's mental fitness based on a dubious piece of intelligence that his advisors elected not to tell him about seems a rather odd argument to make. This isn't like Obama being given repeated and explicit warmings about ISIS for an entire year and then insisting he never saw it coming when the situation blew up in his face. Now that was real scandal.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Too bad he doesn't trouble himself very much over details like facts and accuracy.
                          If he's ever called on it, he can just say it's parody and that nothing on his show should be regarded as literal truth. Just like Rachael Maddow.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            If he's ever called on it, he can just say it's parody and that nothing on his show should be regarded as literal truth. Just like Rachael Maddow.
                            Or Glenn Beck, or Rush Limbaugh...

Comment

We should vote for Kanye West for President!

Comment