Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Noah and Nephesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noah and Nephesh

In the deluge, what was the point of killing and having to start over species with “nephesh” and not sea life, insects, and microorganisms?

If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably because sea life, insects and microorganisms could survive off the ark, and anything that qualifies as nephesh can't.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Seriously what is the argument in Natural Science for the mythology of the deluge.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Seriously what is the argument in Natural Science for the mythology of the deluge.
        Sorry, I put it in the wrong forum. Should have gone to Apologetics.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
          Sorry, I put it in the wrong forum. Should have gone to Apologetics.
          I don't have mod powers here, so I'll report it and let someone else move it.
          Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
            I don't have mod powers here, so I'll report it and let someone else move it.
            Just saw this. Better late than never

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment