Illegal fireworks over LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I have a sensory disorder and can't stand fireworks. I volunteered to work yesterday so I wouldn't have to hear them.
    I should hire you to sit with Jake. I think he has a similar malady.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

A lot of dogs and cats don't like loud noises. Our cats, all of them, used to come downstairs and hide in the basement during thunderstorms.

Sometimes they slinked downstairs before we even knew a storm was coming.

I am getting old and loud noises bother me, and I would likely have issues with fireworks, too.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

People in my neighbourhood are still setting off fireworks right now.
        Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
          People in my neighbourhood are still setting off fireworks right now.
          It's horribly inconsiderate of them to do it all night, as you said in your other post.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            A lot of dogs and cats don't like loud noises. Our cats, all of them, used to come downstairs and hide in the basement during thunderstorms.

Sometimes they slinked downstairs before we even knew a storm was coming.

I am getting old and loud noises bother me, and I would likely have issues with fireworks, too.
            We know when a storm is approaching by the way Jake acts. If I'm in my recliner, he'll hunker down under my footrest, and I have to remember not to sit up too quickly.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              We know when a storm is approaching by the way Jake acts. If I'm in my recliner, he'll hunker down under my footrest, and I have to remember not to sit up too quickly.
              Yeah same with my doggie Jake. And he was terrified from the fireworks (been going on for the last several days now). It's weird though. He shakes and shivers even when the pops and bangs are far off and not loud at all. But if there are fireworks, thunder, or gunshots on TV (surround sound), it doesn't bother him at all. He can tell the difference between the recorded sounds and the real ones.

Comment

I've heard that animals can sense storms before they arrive because of pressure change or such. But it must just be loud noises otherwise.

Dogs and cats have better hearing than humans, so even noises far away could bother them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Yeah same with my doggie Jake. And he was terrified from the fireworks (been going on for the last several days now). It's weird though. He shakes and shivers even when the pops and bangs are far off and not loud at all. But if there are fireworks, thunder, or gunshots on TV (surround sound), it doesn't bother him at all. He can tell the difference between the recorded sounds and the real ones.
                  The only time Jake responds to something from the TV is a commercial where somebody rings a doorbell. He instantly jumps up running to the door barking like crazy. EVERY time.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    I've heard that animals can sense storms before they arrive because of pressure change or such. But it must just be loud noises otherwise.

Dogs and cats have better hearing than humans, so even noises far away could bother them.
                    I'm able to sense them coming because it causes me to hurt worse than normal. Fireworks are bothersome as well, especially since we get people who will fire them nearly year round, and at all hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                      I'm able to sense them coming because it causes me to hurt worse than normal. Fireworks are bothersome as well, especially since we get people who will fire them nearly year round, and at all hours.
                      I'll tell the LA neighbors not to get such loud fireworks that it affects you over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                        I hear you, darlin'. Those pressure changes really cause my arthritis to flare up, sometimes really badly.

And I'm not near as bad off as you are.

Gentle

Comment

I dread the fireworks days. Here is SA it happens on the 5 November, Diwali, New Year's Eve and a few days before and after each celebration. My cat gets absolutely terrified, hides, doesn't eat or go to toilet and I get very wound up as a result. Then there are the many terrified animals which escape and get lost during the fireworks, the animals who get burned by them, the endless overwhelming noise of the huge rockets, no sleep...

On a bit of a funny note, my husband and I moved to this suburb after living on a small holding for nearly 20 years. That first night we thought we had chosen a really bad neighbourhood when we heard intermittent "gunfire" all during the night. Turns out we had moved in on the 5th of November, Guy Fawkes Day!

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            Does my heart good!

Newsom is trying to have all of them arrested.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                              So, is it like NY where they don't even have to post bail, and can go out and launch some more same day?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                                They just have to say they were protesting!
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment