Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

10 TB of LIFETIME Cloud Storage for $100 one time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 TB of LIFETIME Cloud Storage for $100 one time?

From PC World (Ad)....

Save over 90% on a lifetime of cloud backup with Degoo (from $50)

The 10TB for lifetime is $99.99, apparently, after all the fine print. (Supposedly, normally $3,600)
    The 2TB lifetime plan is $59.99
    The 3TB lifetime plan is $69.99

Want to keep your digital files safe? Eliminate the risk of losing them all to hardware failure, cyber crime, and more with Degoo Premium. They offer a range of plans to suit every need and all are currently discounted by at least 94 percent, so now’s the perfect time to buy in.

File loss occurs for a variety of reasons. These range from hardware malfunctions, to malware infections, and even to human error. With all of these possible threats, it’s no wonder then that people lose files from time to time. But it doesn’t have to be that way. You can mitigate each of these threats and enjoy added benefits too with a subscription to Degoo Premium.

Degoo provides an ample amount of cloud space with which to backup your files. They’ll be easily accessible to you across all your devices and kept secure from hackers thanks to their 256-bit AES encryption. Simply back up your files on a regular basis and, should you ever suffer a catastrophic loss, you can easily restore your file system to like new condition.

While they offer several subscription packages, their most valuable is the Lifetime 10TB Backup Plan. This gives as much backup space as a family needs to backup a warehouse full of documents, albums worth of photos, music files, videos, and more. You can schedule regular backups, and it offers more space that DropBox, Google Drive, and OneDrive combined.

Don’t need 10TB of backup space? Then choose one of their smaller 1TB, 2TB, or 3TB plans and enjoy all the same benefits for life, just with a comparatively smaller price tag.

The Degoo Premium Lifetime 10TB Backup Plan is normally worth $3600 but, if you purchase now, you’ll get it for just $99.99 — a savings of 97% off retail. Or, pay just $49.99 for their Lifetime 1TB plan, $59.99 for Lifetime 2TB plan, or $69.99 for their Lifetime 3TB plan.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

What if you need the data stored longer than your lifetime?

I might have to think about backups a bit more.

I was looking at a second networked drive assembly from Buffalo.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      What if you need the data stored longer than your lifetime?

I might have to think about backups a bit more.

I was looking at a second networked drive assembly from Buffalo.
      I used to use a NAS from Buffalo, but I like the cloud storage so much better.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

here is a review of it:

https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/degoo-review

has some limitations.

I would also be worried about if they go out of business. Never heard of them. They could go out of business and then all of your files are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          here is a review of it:

has some limitations.

I would also be worried about if they go out of business. Never heard of them. They could go out of business and then all of your files are gone.
          Yeah, I just thought it was an interesting concept - a one time payment for life.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Yeah, I just thought it was an interesting concept - a one time payment for life.
            yeah, which means how do they continue to make money after that? I am suspicious by nature. They could just take in a lot of money, then run/declare bankruptcy. Or just fail.

Comment

yeah, which means how do they continue to make money after that? I am suspicious by nature. They could just take in a lot of money, then run/declare bankruptcy. Or just fail.
              A) Revenue stream from new applicants
              2) They also sell monthly / annual plans

Comment

I don't back up my stuff online. I try to keep it offline as much as possible, with as many discs as it takes.
                ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                  I don't back up my stuff online. I try to keep it offline as much as possible, with as many discs as it takes.
                  I used to have a "grab and go" drive that I would physically carry with me to work and to home --- my backup redundancy plan.
                  I knew that if my house burned down, and I had STACKS of disks or tapes or hard drives or data --- it would all be destroyed.
                  Same with at work.
                  So I'd carry that "grab and go" (Started off as a 10Meg HD, and grew over time to a 1T drive) with me.

Pretty much anything you have that isn't actually "air gapped" is available online anyway, so I figure why not trust those who are in the business of keeping data secure.

Comment

i don't generally like the software stuff that requires a monthly payment. I don't like the idea of losing access at some point in time -- like an online wordprocessor that gets updated and no longer supports the file format you use. But if you bought the software, then you should never lose access. Not the best example, but this is the general idea.

Comment

I had used, in the past, NeatDesk, and found it EXCELLENT for collecting and scanning my receipts, invoices, and stuff for my annual tax return. I used their proprietary scanner, and it worked GREAT!!!

Then, along the way, they began to make changes, and some more proprietary stuff, and I finally gave up with them, and had a WHOLE BUNCH of data that, apparently, would only exist "in the cloud" in future editions.

(I don't remember exactly what it was, but they really ripped their britches with me, as far as I was concerned, and switched to Evernote.)

Comment

here is a review of it:

has some limitations.

Yeah, reading up some more on this, no.

Comment