Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 TB of LIFETIME Cloud Storage for $100 one time?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

10 TB of LIFETIME Cloud Storage for $100 one time?

From PC World (Ad)....

Save over 90% on a lifetime of cloud backup with Degoo (from $50)

The 10TB for lifetime is $99.99, apparently, after all the fine print. (Supposedly, normally $3,600)
    The 2TB lifetime plan is $59.99
    The 3TB lifetime plan is $69.99

Want to keep your digital files safe? Eliminate the risk of losing them all to hardware failure, cyber crime, and more with Degoo Premium. They offer a range of plans to suit every need and all are currently discounted by at least 94 percent, so now’s the perfect time to buy in.

File loss occurs for a variety of reasons. These range from hardware malfunctions, to malware infections, and even to human error. With all of these possible threats, it’s no wonder then that people lose files from time to time. But it doesn’t have to be that way. You can mitigate each of these threats and enjoy added benefits too with a subscription to Degoo Premium.

Degoo provides an ample amount of cloud space with which to backup your files. They’ll be easily accessible to you across all your devices and kept secure from hackers thanks to their 256-bit AES encryption. Simply back up your files on a regular basis and, should you ever suffer a catastrophic loss, you can easily restore your file system to like new condition.

While they offer several subscription packages, their most valuable is the Lifetime 10TB Backup Plan. This gives as much backup space as a family needs to backup a warehouse full of documents, albums worth of photos, music files, videos, and more. You can schedule regular backups, and it offers more space that DropBox, Google Drive, and OneDrive combined.

Don’t need 10TB of backup space? Then choose one of their smaller 1TB, 2TB, or 3TB plans and enjoy all the same benefits for life, just with a comparatively smaller price tag.

The Degoo Premium Lifetime 10TB Backup Plan is normally worth $3600 but, if you purchase now, you’ll get it for just $99.99 — a savings of 97% off retail. Or, pay just $49.99 for their Lifetime 1TB plan, $59.99 for Lifetime 2TB plan, or $69.99 for their Lifetime 3TB plan.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What if you need the data stored longer than your lifetime?

I might have to think about backups a bit more.

I was looking at a second networked drive assembly from Buffalo.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    What if you need the data stored longer than your lifetime?

I might have to think about backups a bit more.

I was looking at a second networked drive assembly from Buffalo.
    I used to use a NAS from Buffalo, but I like the cloud storage so much better.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    here is a review of it:

https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/degoo-review

has some limitations.

I would also be worried about if they go out of business. Never heard of them. They could go out of business and then all of your files are gone.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    here is a review of it:

https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/degoo-review

has some limitations.

I would also be worried about if they go out of business. Never heard of them. They could go out of business and then all of your files are gone.
    Yeah, I just thought it was an interesting concept - a one time payment for life.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yeah, I just thought it was an interesting concept - a one time payment for life.
    yeah, which means how do they continue to make money after that? I am suspicious by nature. They could just take in a lot of money, then run/declare bankruptcy. Or just fail.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    yeah, which means how do they continue to make money after that? I am suspicious by nature. They could just take in a lot of money, then run/declare bankruptcy. Or just fail.
    A) Revenue stream from new applicants
    2) They also sell monthly / annual plans

Faith
    Slave for Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I don't back up my stuff online. I try to keep it offline as much as possible, with as many discs as it takes.
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight_spam!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Melody Maker View Post
    I don't back up my stuff online. I try to keep it offline as much as possible, with as many discs as it takes.
    I used to have a "grab and go" drive that I would physically carry with me to work and to home --- my backup redundancy plan.
    I knew that if my house burned down, and I had STACKS of disks or tapes or hard drives or data --- it would all be destroyed.
    Same with at work.
    So I'd carry that "grab and go" (Started off as a 10Meg HD, and grew over time to a 1T drive) with me.

Pretty much anything you have that isn't actually "air gapped" is available online anyway, so I figure why not trust those who are in the business of keeping data secure.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    i don't generally like the software stuff that requires a monthly payment. I don't like the idea of losing access at some point in time -- like an online wordprocessor that gets updated and no longer supports the file format you use. But if you bought the software, then you should never lose access. Not the best example, but this is the general idea.