Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Roger Ailes: Elephant in the War Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whag View Post
    You’ve completely discredited yourself by suggesting the liberal media championed the diplomacy of GWB. He was excoriated as the puppet of the neocons by the liberal media and rarely lauded by liberals. He was a punchline similar to Trump, though not as badly denigrated. Trump said “hold my beer,” and now we have this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46367[/ATTACH]

It's well documented that msnbc attempted to silence their own new hosts -- Jessie Ventura, Donahue, Ashleigh Banfield -- who were outspoken about the Iraq war. Sorry, I wouldn't have to do the whataboutism if you weren't so ignorant about it. My point is, when it comes to war, most MSM networks fall into lockstep, and this is nothing new.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      What a bizarre statement.
      I think it's supposed to trap us into saying something naughty.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        It's well documented that msnbc attempted to silence their own new hosts -- Jessie Ventura, Donahue, Ashleigh Banfield -- who were outspoken about the Iraq war. Sorry, I wouldn't have to do the whataboutism if you weren't so ignorant about it. My point is, when it comes to war, most MSM networks fall into lockstep, and this is nothing new.
        I told you not to do it because it’s boring since we agree liberal media isn’t flawless and I never said such. I only said consider Ailes’ tenure and what he did, which you obviously know nothing about.

Now go check whether FOX or liberal media outlets covered the failure of intelligence that led to invasion more. GWB administration was hammered and not praised for invading Iraq at the behest of Cheney.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          He already did his own entrapment. It’s official: seer is the inappropriate uncle of TWeb.

Comment

What a bizarre statement.
            Certainly, the Bible is very bizarre, what with its condemnation of lust and all.

Comment

I didn't realize that red-blooded American males should never be titillated by "strange female flesh." The comment almost sounds like something out of an Iranian mullah.

Comment

Certainly, the Bible is very bizarre, what with its condemnation of lust and all.
                That's quite a leap to "lust"

Comment

He already did his own entrapment. It’s official: seer is the inappropriate uncle of TWeb.
                  OK, that made me laugh. "lusting in your heart" is not the same as noticing and appreciating the beauty of the female form.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Why are we supposed to care about the off-camera soap opera stuff?
                    You did when Bill was in office.

Unless you were faking it back then - which, given recent political history, actually seems pretty likely.
                    Last edited by Whateverman; 07-06-2020, 02:50 PM.

Comment

I told you not to do it because it’s boring since we agree liberal media isn’t flawless and I never said such. I only said consider Ailes’ tenure and what he did, which you obviously know nothing about.

Now go check whether FOX or liberal media outlets covered the failure of intelligence that led to invasion more. GWB administration was hammered and not praised for invading Iraq at the behest of Cheney.
                      It's relevant because pro-war is not just a Fox News thing, and that's a problem for our western society as a whole. As far as Ailes, I don't care about the dude, and why should I? I don't watch Fox frequently, but I occasionally watch YT clips of Tucker's show because I like his commentary about certain subjects. Should I be as obsessed with Ailes as you are because of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                        You did when Bill was in office.
                        Do I didn't. At that the time I didn't give two hoots about politics.

Man, you sure do love throwing around accusations about folks you know nothing about.

Comment

I didn't realize that red-blooded American males should never be titillated by "strange female flesh." The comment almost sounds like something out of an Iranian mullah.
                          Sex is a powerful part of the deception regardless whether fundamentalists of non-Christian religions decry it. Ailes admitted he did it to titillate conservative men.

CNN and MSNBC are bad sources for news. FOX too, but for more bizarre reasons that relate to sex and the subconscious. Hence, illuminated legs.

Comment

It's relevant because pro-war is not just a Fox News thing, and that's a problem for our western society as a whole. As far as Ailes, I don't care about the dude, and why should I? I don't watch Fox frequently, but I occasionally watch YT clips of Tucker's show because I like his commentary about certain subjects. Should I be as obsessed with Ailes as you are because of that?
                            You don’t know anything about the scandal, so I’m not suprised you’d make the ridiculous claim that liberals didn’t criticize Bush 2 administration for botching invasion. You’re not even worth the time if you conflate initial support with post-war criticism.

Comment

You don’t know anything about the scandal, so I’m not suprised you’d make the ridiculous claim that liberals didn’t criticize Bush 2 administration for botching invasion. You’re not even worth the time if you conflate initial support with post-war criticism.
                              I didn't say they DIDN'T criticize Bush in the aftermath. It's what they've got to do; they have to feign like they're anti-war liberals. But you said "drum for a literal invasion of another country" in the OP. That implies pre-war reaction, and that's what I was addressing. I'll let you carry on with your troll fest Ailes obsession.

Comment

OK, that made me laugh. "lusting in your heart" is not the same as noticing and appreciating the beauty of the female form.
                                Hence why you ask the females in your church to wear more revealing dresses to attract more male congregants.

That’s a more apt description of what Ailes was doing, which he is on the record as saying.

Comment