Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

People in my family have Covid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People in my family have Covid.

My younger cousin has it and his family is in quarantine. As of today my brother and his girlfriend might have it and they are isolating. A lady at the homeless shelter has it and I recently made sure she got her food.

I am trying to keep others safe. I am tired and honestly I am not all that interested with most things right now. I am trying to get by day by day.

This virus is hurting people. I want to try and make things better by keeping a level head and acting in the best interest of others. I find myself horrified at how people want to get the disease intentionally.

I miss going to church but work and covid have made that currently unfeasible. It isn't all bad though I have been reading Ravi Zacharias and I reread Exodus recently.

I pray that we may be levelheaded about all this. That we can find camaraderie in this crisis. That the malaise we are feeling wont crush us. That people will stop bickering and that we can try to make things better one day at a time.

I am tired.
    sigpic

Try to maintain contact with your church. What you're feeling is normal in isolation and you must guard against it. Does your church do Zoom etc?

Sorry about your family and friend. Are any of them very sick?
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
      Try to maintain contact with your church. What you're feeling is normal in isolation and you must guard against it. Does your church do Zoom etc?

Sorry about your family and friend. Are any of them very sick?
      I know my cousin is sick. I dont know if my brother and his girlfriend are.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
        My younger cousin has it and his family is in quarantine. As of today my brother and his girlfriend might have it and they are isolating. A lady at the homeless shelter has it and I recently made sure she got her food.

I am trying to keep others safe. I am tired and honestly I am not all that interested with most things right now. I am trying to get by day by day.

This virus is hurting people. I want to try and make things better by keeping a level head and acting in the best interest of others. I find myself horrified at how people want to get the disease intentionally.

I miss going to church but work and covid have made that currently unfeasible. It isn't all bad though I have been reading Ravi Zacharias and I reread Exodus recently.

I pray that we may be levelheaded about all this. That we can find camaraderie in this crisis. That the malaise we are feeling wont crush us. That people will stop bickering and that we can try to make things better one day at a time.

I am tired.

I've been wondering where you've been for a while. I've missed you around here.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I have been around on here I sometimes comment or like a post.

Work is hectic. I watched online sermons from the church I go to. It's been a bit since I've done that. I have been praying for folks and just getting by trying to help out. Been staying with my grandparents.

I love people.
          sigpic

Comment

Overall I am still finding things to be thankful for.
            sigpic

Comment

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I do have some good news. My little sister has been named. She will be named Viola.
                  sigpic

Comment

Apparently the name comes from my great grandmother on my father's side. I never knew her, but my father says she was a great person.

My family doesn't always get along. It feels nice to have something we can all celebrate.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hang in there Wall.

Comment

I probably had it in early March. I'm guessing from the Atlanta airport, where I spent a good 7 hour layover. They only tested me for the flu then, but I was seriously ill for over a month, and it took almost 3 months to be able to breathe properly. My doctor said he suspects that I did in fact have it, given the symptoms from my chart, but the antibody test was $300 and my insurance wouldn't cover it.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          I probably had it in early March. I'm guessing from the Atlanta airport, where I spent a good 7 hour layover. They only tested me for the flu then, but I was seriously ill for over a month, and it took almost 3 months to be able to breathe properly. My doctor said he suspects that I did in fact have it, given the symptoms from my chart, but the antibody test was $300 and my insurance wouldn't cover it.
                          I understand they are looking for antibody donors? Would your test be covered if you sign up for it? (Just an idea...I have no idea if it works that way).
                          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                            I understand they are looking for antibody donors? Would your test be covered if you sign up for it? (Just an idea...I have no idea if it works that way).
                            That actually came up this weekend, so I may consider it. As a diabetic though, I usually don't qualify for blood donations.
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              That actually came up this weekend, so I may consider it. As a diabetic though, I usually don't qualify for blood donations.
                              They would only be taking your plasma not your blood.

Comment