Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How much is enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is enough?

Is there some critical mass of insider-criticism of Trump that will cause right-wing conservatives to question their loyalty to him?

We may get an answer to this question when Trump's niece's new book is released less than two weeks from now.

A forthcoming book by President Trump’s estranged niece describes him as a “toxic” bully who practices “cheating as a way of life,” values money above anything and belittles his own family members, according to a Monday press release.

In addition to those damning details, the press release from publisher Simon & Schuster says Mary Trump’s book, “Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man,” will now be released July 14, two weeks earlier than planned — even though the president’s brother is trying to block the tell-all in court.

The publisher said it’s moving up the release date due to “high demand and extraordinary interest.”

“[It] is the story of the most visible and powerful family in the world. And I am the only Trump who is willing to tell it,” Mary Trump, 55, writes in an excerpt of the book’s prologue included in Monday’s release.

Having spent much time at the sprawling Queens home where President Trump and his siblings grew up, Mary Trump speaks from first-hand experience as she delves into embarrassing accounts about the leader of the free world, the press release states.

She recounts the “strange and harmful relationship” between her presidential uncle and her father, Fred Trump, Jr., who died young after a long battle with alcoholism, according to Simon & Schuster.

She also recalls the “appalling way Donald, Fred Trump’s favorite son, dismissed and derided him when he began to succumb to Alzheimer’s” in the late 1990s, the publisher says.

Other “explosive” portions of the book include vivid descriptions of the “twisted” values and behaviors Trump picked up as a young man, including:

1. “Financial worth is the same as self-worth; humans are only valued in monetary terms.”
    2. “A ‘killer’ instinct is revered, while qualities like empathy, kindness and expertise are punished.”
    3. “Taking responsibility for your failures is discouraged.”
    4. “Cheating as a way of life.”

Mary Trump, a clinical psychologist who has severed nearly all ties with her family, draws a parallel between the president’s uncharismatic character traits and his upbringing.

“Love meant nothing to Fred; he expected obedience, that was all,” she writes in another excerpt, referring to the president’s late father. “Over time, Donald became afraid that asking for comfort or attention would provoke his father’s anger or indifference when Donald was most vulnerable ... Donald suffered deprivations that would scar him for life.”

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    Is there some critical mass of insider-criticism of Trump that will cause right-wing conservatives to question their loyalty to him?

We may get an answer to this question when Trump's niece's new book is released less than two weeks from now.
    Pick me, Pick me!!!!

I have ZERO loyalty to Trump, but I love America, and have to weigh whether the extreme leftist nutters would be better than Trump.

After all, Trump has the MSM to keep an eye on him, the Dems have the MSM pushing them further and further left.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't think you can be anything less than a sociopath to even want to run for president, much more so to actually make it that far.

Comment

During this coronavirus era, we should be uniting behind our president, not finding ways to divide further.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
          During this coronavirus era, we should be uniting behind our president, not finding ways to divide further.
          Trump is the most divisive and provocative president ever, in addition to being the dumbest and most incompetent. You must be crazy if you expect people to “unite” every time he throws gasoline on the fire.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            We aren't doing anything divisive.

What makes this coronavirus era special, in the sense that we shouldn't criticize a sitting president during it?

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
              Trump is the most divisive and provocative president ever, in addition to being the dumbest and most incompetent. You must be crazy if you expect people to “unite” every time he throws gasoline on the fire.
              I'm not sure how someone calls him the dumbest. I thought the younger Bush was the worst.

I'm not sure how he is seen to be like gasoline on the fire.

But I have heard about loans from Soros that makes his Presidency more questionable. There was a $250Million loan to Kushner's Cadre investments in 2015 and earlier, in 2004, by Soros to Trump. Also, Trump was probably caught in Epstein's net of control -- and we are not sure how deep this goes.

Trump may have got elected so that people would be divided (some would see positive things about him and others would see negative stuff) and that we would be distracted from worse things happening against us. But this negative view of him did not stand out in mainstream media, who has spoken badly of any Republican president as long as I have been alive.
              Last edited by mikewhitney; 07-06-2020, 08:30 PM.

Comment

It does not matter what Trump says or does. The agenda is more Supreme Court Nominations.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                  It does not matter what Trump says or does. The agenda is more Supreme Court Nominations.
                  This may be true, though to be fair, their crusade doesn't seem to be paying any dividends...

Comment

As I've said before, I don't necessarily like Trump as a person, but I like him as a president.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                      Trump is the most divisive and provocative president ever,
                      Abraham Lincoln.

in addition to being the dumbest and most incompetent.
                      Even if true, he's still better than James Buchanan, at least.

Comment

Or maybe not. For all I know, she's outside of the club and knows little to nothing about Trump. This may be her vehicle to a reality TV show, fame and fortune.

I doubt she can add anything that people don't already know.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                          I doubt she can add anything that people don't already know.
                          Or don't already believe.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

This may be true, though to be fair, their crusade doesn't seem to be paying any dividends...
                            . . . but another four years.
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                              Abraham Lincoln.
                              You mean Jefferson Davis.

Even if true, he's still better than James Buchanan, at least.
                              Buchanan's mediocrity and incompetence, comes in a distant second to Donald Trump.

Frank

Comment