Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

COVID deaths still declining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
    The anti-vaxxer stuff is worse. Anti-evolution is embarrassing, but anti-vaxxer is dangerous and actively harmful to others. I'm not sure which country this poisonous export originally belongs to, but it has a lot to answer for.

For example, a recent CNN poll found that perhaps 1/3 of Americans would not get vaccinated for COVID-19 even if it were cheap and widely available (it should be free). It isn't much better in my country, which apparently is 1/6.
    If you get vaccinated, then why do you care if others do not? I'm not anti-vax but this argument really makes no sense to me.
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Every OEC I know does. If they didn't they'd be Theistic Evolutionists or Evolutionary Creationist.
      Titles are so deceiving. "Theistic Evolutionist" doesn't concede an old earth, nor does "Evolutionary Creationist." Some Christians I've known split hairs and acknowledge "adaptive evolution" or "micro evolution" and could use those titles while disavowing the greater theory - as well as an old earth.

I didn't want to derail this thread so I'll just conclude saying that I always labelled myself as OEC - despite not being terribly detailed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        IMO he over analyzes the subject. Simply put: Evolution is Intelligent Design. The former is the vehicle, the tool used by God, and seen in very slow motion by us.
        Evolution is God's ID is what I have below my avatar but the advocates for the concept that is called Intelligent Design reject the evidence for evolution, although some accept several of its major premises (for instance Behe argues strongly for common descent of all lifeforms).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

We're getting dragged WAY off topic.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
            A difficult concept to explain for those who believe in an omniscient, omnipotent, and benign Supreme Being.
            That would be difficult, if anyone here believed in such a Being. "Benign" does not describe the Judeo-Christian God.

The problem of evil is no less difficult for those who believe in a purely materialist universe, if they'd only stop to examine it; "evil" is hardly a materialist concept.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              We're getting dragged WAY off topic.
              Of COURSE we're getting dragged off topic. The OP is GOOD news!
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                The OP is indeed good news, but a bit premature in the claim. The bad news is the history of the failure to deal effectively with the COVID-19 pandemic.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

The problem of evil is no less difficult for those who believe in a purely materialist universe, if they'd only stop to examine it; "evil" is hardly a materialist concept.
                  Can you elaborate on this, please? In a different thread/forum if you prefer.

I technically am not someone who believes in a "purely materialist universe", but I'm often portrayed that way by theists - so I'm unsure if you're referring to atheists or not. In any case, if I assume that you are referring to someone like me, and if I accept that label for the sake of discussion - I don't see how the problem of evil exists for me. At all. My relationship with the universe is amoral, and as such, any evil or goodness I (or others) experience is a function of the contents of that universe: other people, nature, governments, laws, etc ad nauseum.

The only problem with evil is that it needs to be minimized, which is often difficult to do. This is also true for theists who believe in an omnimax deity - but that's not what's being referred to as "the problem of evil"
                  Last edited by Whateverman; 07-08-2020, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    The OP is indeed good news, but a bit premature in the claim. The bad news is the history of the failure to deal effectively with the COVID-19 pandemic.
                    Hindsight is always 20/20.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Not to mention that it is, after all, Tweb.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by shuny
                        I knew early on that we were overreacting. I could have told you masks and quarantine wouldn't help. I kept recommending chloroquine. My idea on quarantines may not have helped NYC but it would have helped the rest of the nation. And I kept promoting chloroquine because I was aware that the media and Fauci would provide disinformation.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                          I knew early on that we were overreacting. I could have told you masks and quarantine wouldn't help. I kept recommending chloroquine. My idea on quarantines may not have helped NYC but it would have helped the rest of the nation. And I kept promoting chloroquine because I was aware that the media and Fauci would provide disinformation.
                          There is presently no evidence that chloroquine has any significant effective cure for the COVIDE-19. The best that can be said is that it is possibly one drug for possible treatment.

If you believe so provide your source.
                          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

No hindsight involved. The COVID-19 pandemic is a pandemic and not over yet.

Frank

Comment

https://twitter.com/DWUhlfelderLaw/s...57671116025857

County Medical Examiner in Corpus Christi, Texas says their morgue can no longer receive additional bodies.

Asking for a FEMA morgue trailer.

Yesterday Texas posted a new record number of deaths and nearly 2x the previous record.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                                There is presently no evidence that chloroquine has any significant effective cure for the COVIDE-19. The best that can be said is that it is possibly one drug for possible treatment.

If you believe so provide your source.
                                In addition, there is also Pulmicort ( budesonide). This has been around for 20-30 years and even has been okay for use with infants. See CP's post in the health area. Why post any more details, lest you stop living in fear?

Comment