Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

COVID deaths still declining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It's looking worse and worse for how badly China screwed this up, tried to cover it up, and WHO was complicit.
    Party of personal responsibility folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Are ICU's "filling up"? I'm still hearing lots of reports of empty hospitals and out-of-work nurses because there aren't enough patients to keep them employed.
      The last I heard, the ICUs in Houston are filling up, but with about 15% being COVID - the rest being an onslaught of surgeries and recoveries from when these things were "put off" to flatten the curve.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Are ICU's "filling up"? I'm still hearing lots of reports of empty hospitals and out-of-work nurses because there aren't enough patients to keep them employed.
        I don't believe you that you have made even the slightest effort at researching this issue.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...id-19-n1233430

'All the hospitals are full': In Houston, overwhelmed ICUs leave COVID-19 patients waiting in ER
        Officials in Houston warn of a potential replay of what happened in New York in the spring, when thousands of people died as hospitals struggled to keep up.
        Houston hospitals have been forced to treat hundreds of COVID-19 patients in their emergency rooms — sometimes for several hours or multiple days — as they scramble to open additional intensive care beds for the wave of seriously ill people streaming through their doors, according to internal numbers shared with NBC News and ProPublica.

At the same time, the region’s 12 busiest hospitals are increasingly telling emergency responders that they cannot safely accept new patients, at a rate nearly three times that of a year ago, according to data reviewed by reporters.

Some hospitals have already started rationing care and "making choices." Pretending you don't know this is utterly shameless.

Florida too https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-arizona-texas

Over 40 Florida hospitals max out ICU capacity as Covid-19 cases surge across US
        Last edited by DivineOb; 07-12-2020, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
          I don't believe you that you have made even the slightest effort at researching this issue.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...id-19-n1233430

'All the hospitals are full': In Houston, overwhelmed ICUs leave COVID-19 patients waiting in ER
          Officials in Houston warn of a potential replay of what happened in New York in the spring, when thousands of people died as hospitals struggled to keep up.
          Houston hospitals have been forced to treat hundreds of COVID-19 patients in their emergency rooms — sometimes for several hours or multiple days — as they scramble to open additional intensive care beds for the wave of seriously ill people streaming through their doors, according to internal numbers shared with NBC News and ProPublica.

At the same time, the region’s 12 busiest hospitals are increasingly telling emergency responders that they cannot safely accept new patients, at a rate nearly three times that of a year ago, according to data reviewed by reporters.

Some hospitals have already started rationing care and "making choices." Pretending you don't know this is utterly shameless.

Florida too https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-arizona-texas

Over 40 Florida hospitals max out ICU capacity as Covid-19 cases surge across US
          Yeah, there are "hotspots" here and there. So what? There's also stories like...

The spike in Ohioans testing positive for the coronavirus is not being matched in hospitalizations across the state as hospitals are reporting they’re still doing elective surgeries and have plenty of capacity.

Bed usage has remained at about 45% of the 43,197 maximum beds available in 250 facilities across the state, according to data provided by the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission and analyzed by The Dispatch.

https://www.dispatch.com/news/202007...n-at-hospitals

With COVID-19 cases appearing to increase in Kentucky, there is an upside: doctors are reporting a dramatic decline in hospitalizations from the virus.

Norton Healthcare Chief Medical Officer Dr. Steven Hester observed the trend in real-time.

https://www.wave3.com/2020/07/07/lou...ases-increase/

Intensive care unit and ventilator capacity [in Indiana] remain steady, with around 36% of ICU beds and around 84% of ventilators available.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...hs/5419870002/

But, of course, it's "doom and gloom" stories that the media wants to focus on. As the old newsroom saying goes, "If it bleeds, it leads."
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yeah, there are "hotspots" here and there. So what? There's also stories like...

The spike in Ohioans testing positive for the coronavirus is not being matched in hospitalizations across the state as hospitals are reporting they’re still doing elective surgeries and have plenty of capacity.

Bed usage has remained at about 45% of the 43,197 maximum beds available in 250 facilities across the state, according to data provided by the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission and analyzed by The Dispatch.

https://www.dispatch.com/news/202007...n-at-hospitals

With COVID-19 cases appearing to increase in Kentucky, there is an upside: doctors are reporting a dramatic decline in hospitalizations from the virus.

Norton Healthcare Chief Medical Officer Dr. Steven Hester observed the trend in real-time.

https://www.wave3.com/2020/07/07/lou...ases-increase/

Intensive care unit and ventilator capacity [in Indiana] remain steady, with around 36% of ICU beds and around 84% of ventilators available.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...hs/5419870002/

But, of course, it's "doom and gloom" stories that the media wants to focus on. As the old newsroom saying goes, "If it bleeds, it leads."
            This deceptive response is intended to hide your initial question of "Are ICU's "filling up"?" And intended to hide the actual topic of conversation which is that hospitalization (and death) from COVID45 is seriously heading in the wrong direction. And will inexorably continue to do so for at least 4 weeks even if we shut *everything* down immediately.

die.jpg
            Last edited by DivineOb; 07-12-2020, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Which leave us asking if the increasing numbers are because the virus is spreading and killing anew, or is it because of the loose standards used to report China flu cases?
              What happened in December and January, you can blame China. But what happened from March to now in July is all Trump's incompetence.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                Then focus on the most unambiguous datapoint -- hospital ICU capacity. Why are they filling up if the situation isn't worsening?

ETA: Not to mention that up to this point deaths have been *declining*. So the standard of attribution, flawed as it might be, was showing your preferred result up until recently (i.e. 4-6 weeks after reopening). Why might that be?
                Amazing. Instead of recognizing that the virus is out of control, CP and MM are trying to pretend the numbers 'are not real'. This is beyond irresposible, and utter nonsense.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  Amazing. Instead of recognizing that the virus is out of control, CP and MM are trying to pretend the numbers 'are not real'. This is beyond irresposible, and utter nonsense.
                  It's also a self violating prophecy since it can only serve to encourage irresponsible behavior, increasing the spread.

Comment

This pathetic psychotic dishonesty really gets old. You don't you mind your own business and stop being such a gossip?

But, hey, your atheist buddies eat it up!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This pathetic psychotic dishonesty really gets old. You don't you mind your own business and stop being such a gossip?

It's been stated that using the word "dishonest" is tantamount to calling someone a liar. Are you prepared to back that statement up?

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                        It's been stated that using the word "dishonest" is tantamount to calling someone a liar. Are you prepared to back that statement up?
                        Always. It would be best if he just went back to ignoring me, and me him --- wanna pass that along to your bud?

Comment

Sticks and stones love. Feel free to make your case if you have one.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Always. It would be best if he just went back to ignoring me, and me him --- wanna pass that along to your bud?
                            I would be proud to call him a friend but I'm not big on gossip. Sheesh.

American soldier killed and scalped by Indians.jpg

Comment

Sticks and stones love. Feel free to make your case if you have one.
                              I think we would do best to ignore one another Jim. I can. Can you?

Comment

I think they must be doing some funny number crunching. I've been to Houston hospitals TWICE last week, and talked to staff both in ER and Clergy --- it's like a GHOST TOWN in the Medical center. I even got to park FREE.

Then, I see things like this....

hospital beds.jpg

That's one of Houston's big News Channels - Channel 2, and their own Click2Houston tracking, using the Southeast Texas Regional Advisory Council (SETRAC).

I've also seen the big headline stuff about ICU ROOMS OVERCROWDED, then the data source deleted.

It's like the GloomAndDoomers have to cook the books to come up with their FearMongering.

Comment