Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID deaths still declining

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

COVID deaths still declining

For those who have feared that the number of coronavirus cases is going to lead to continuing high rates of deaths...

Have the current severe reduction of deaths finally convinced you that we are not having the problem of confirmed cases leading to 1% rates of deaths?

How much longer do you need to prove that increased "cases" are not leading to "continuing" epidemic numbers of deaths?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    cases v deaths.jpg

Even though the daily cases is rising (because of more testing mostly) the death rates are still dropping.

Better look at just the daily deaths:

coviddeaths.jpg
    Last edited by Sparko; 07-07-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    For those who have feared that the number of coronavirus cases is going to lead to continuing high rates of deaths...

Have the current severe reduction of deaths finally convinced you that we are not having the problem of confirmed cases leading to 1% rates of deaths?

How much longer do you need to prove that increased "cases" are not leading to "continuing" epidemic numbers of deaths?
    True. And that even assumes that the stats are accurate. There is no routine program for counting and everyone (states, counties, hospitals) are out doing their own thing. The CDC admits that a positive result for infection isn't even mandatory for a "cause-of-death" determination to be attributed to covid! So that means a doctor can say "Oh, he had trouble breathing. That's all I know. Count it as a covid death. No other evidence required."

I posted this in another thread: A friend of mine from California called me last weekend to complain about the lockdown regulations in his county. He said after all of this time, he hasn't known a single person who was infected with covid, or known a person who knew a person who was infected, or knew a person who knew a person who was infected (etc.). Family or friends. I told him the same applied to me. However, we have both had the flu this year, and know several people who have had the flu this year. Something isn't adding up right. Especially since the CDC claims the number crunchers throughout the country are the same facilities that count flu cases.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is TERRIBLE news.... for the doom-and-gloomers.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Good news is good news.

6. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post

First the June surge is based on the increase in severe cases and hospitalizations, and the increase in cases not an increase in deaths. Second the 1% figure is a bogus issue that comes out of Trump's foolish statement that the COVID-19 pandemic was 99% harmless. Third, I predicted the June surge in the USA, because it follows the same pattern as other countries. Fourth, I also predicted that severity and mortality will decrease toward the end of the Pandemic like other pandemics and epidemics in the past, and it will mostly taper off and be mostly gone in the USA before the election naturally and no defeated the coronavirus. Fifth, it just follows the natural course like other pandemics, and epidemics. Sixth, We can reduce the cases and fatalities, but with no vaccines, and technology is just coming into play to treat it the course of the virus is more a natural course. Seventh, people are still dying from COVID-19 in the USA and in greater numbers world wide, and this is the largest pandemic since 1957.

It is a cold indifferent tragedy that many minimize the COVID-19 pandemic as just like the regular flu including Donald Trump.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    Good news is good news.
    And ALL THE TIME, God is good!!!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And ALL THE TIME, God is good!!!
    There is a great danish church hymn that sings

"God is god
    Even if all lands lay waste
    God is god
    Even i all men where dead."

And God is good.

10. Amen Cow Poke, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Correction: The COVID-19 pandemic is the most deadly since the 1917-1920 pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    First the June surge is based on the increase in severe cases and hospitalizations, and the increase in cases not an increase in deaths. Second the 1% figure is a bogus issue that comes out of Trump's foolish statement that the COVID-19 pandemic was 99% harmless. Third, I predicted the June surge in the USA, because it follows the same pattern as other countries. Fourth, I also predicted that severity and mortality will decrease toward the end of the Pandemic like other pandemics and epidemics in the past, and it will mostly taper off and be mostly gone in the USA before the election naturally and no defeated the coronavirus. Fifth, it just follows the natural course like other pandemics, and epidemics. Sixth, We can reduce the cases and fatalities, but with no vaccines, and technology is just coming into play to treat it the course of the virus is more a natural course. Seventh, people are still dying from COVID-19 in the USA and in greater numbers world wide, and this is the largest pandemic since 1957.

It is a cold indifferent tragedy that many minimize the COVID-19 pandemic as just like the regular flu including Donald Trump.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Correction: The COVID-19 pandemic is the most deadly since the 1917-1920 pandemic.
    If I understand what you have said -- you agree that the rate of deaths have gone down and your prediction was wrong.

I don't pay attention to Trump's numbers. Are you saying that 1% (or more????) of people who have a positive test of coronavirus are dying now?

I liked what I heard from one doctor's office. His nurses sent in swabs that had not been used -- they all came back positive for coronavirus. The test may be a bit too sensitive-- no?

I think it was the Kenyan leader who sent in samples taken from motor oil and from fruit. The lab results showed these had coronavirus.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 07-07-2020 at 03:43 PM.