Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 455

Thread: COVID deaths still declining

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,358
    Amen (Given)
    191
    Amen (Received)
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I think they must be doing some funny number crunching. I've been to Houston hospitals TWICE last week, and talked to staff both in ER and Clergy --- it's like a GHOST TOWN in the Medical center. I even got to park FREE.

    Then, I see things like this....

    Attachment 46570

    That's one of Houston's big News Channels - Channel 2, and their own Click2Houston tracking, using the Southeast Texas Regional Advisory Council (SETRAC).

    I've also seen the big headline stuff about ICU ROOMS OVERCROWDED, then the data source deleted.

    It's like the GloomAndDoomers have to cook the books to come up with their FearMongering.
    Your graph shows that ICU beds are at capacity and nearly half of the ICU beds are occupied by COVID45 patients (and 2.5x a month ago). How do you think this helps your argument?

    hospital.jpg

  2. #152
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66,622
    Amen (Given)
    14487
    Amen (Received)
    29452
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  3. Amen mikewhitney amen'd this post.
  4. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,358
    Amen (Given)
    191
    Amen (Received)
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Again, this just shows that the conventional ICU capacity is full and nearly half of those patients are COVID patients. How does that help your case?

  5. #154
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66,622
    Amen (Given)
    14487
    Amen (Received)
    29452
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Your graph shows that ICU beds are at capacity and nearly half of the ICU beds are occupied by COVID45 patients (and 2.5x a month ago). How do you think this helps your argument?
    Because the GloomAndDoomers seem to be claiming that the ICU beds are being overrun with COVID patients -- and that's simply not true. But "nearly half" doesn't sound NEARLY as scary as "they're stacking them up in the hallways".

    And there was a HUGE capacity at a special hospital (like a MASH unit) at George R Brown Convention Center that hadn't even been tapped. Now, you can't even find any reference to it.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  6. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,358
    Amen (Given)
    191
    Amen (Received)
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Because the GloomAndDoomers seem to be claiming that the ICU beds are being overrun with COVID patients -- and that's simply not true. But "nearly half" doesn't sound NEARLY as scary as "they're stacking them up in the hallways".

    And there was a HUGE capacity at a special hospital (like a MASH unit) at George R Brown Convention Center that hadn't even been tapped. Now, you can't even find any reference to it.
    Whistling past the graveyard. The fact that we need to construct field hospitals in convention centers to deal with an entirely predictable outcome (one which *I*, for one, pointed out was going to happen!) is reason enough to give Abott a little (or a lot) of "Texas Justice."

    And the fact that you think *half* ICU beds being full of COVID45 patients isn't terrifying is... not something I'm equipped to deal with. Holy hell.


    brodequin.jpg

  7. #156
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66,622
    Amen (Given)
    14487
    Amen (Received)
    29452
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Whistling past the graveyard. The fact that we need to construct field hospitals in convention centers to deal with an entirely predictable outcome (one which *I*, for one, pointed out was going to happen!) is reason enough to give Abott a little (or a lot) of "Texas Justice."

    And the fact that you think *half* ICU beds being full of COVID45 patients isn't terrifying is... not something I'm equipped to deal with. Holy hell.
    I'm just amazed at how a crisis like this can electrify the GloomAndDoomers, where it seems they have to compete for the scariest possible scenario.

    Before, it was Global Warming, then Climate Change --- now that's all totally out of the news, and it's all about COVID. The scarier the better.

    SHAME on anybody who is not absolutely horrified.

    It's amazing that you guys think you're actually accomplishing anything of value here.

    But, hey, knock yourselves out - at least you're not out looting and rioting and "toppling" statues. (probably cause some of you are too old and out of shape. )
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  8. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,358
    Amen (Given)
    191
    Amen (Received)
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'm just amazed at how a crisis like this can electrify the GloomAndDoomers, where it seems they have to compete for the scariest possible scenario.

    Before, it was Global Warming, then Climate Change --- now that's all totally out of the news, and it's all about COVID. The scarier the better.

    SHAME on anybody who is not absolutely horrified.

    It's amazing that you guys think you're actually accomplishing anything of value here.

    But, hey, knock yourselves out - at least you're not out looting and rioting and "toppling" statues. (probably cause some of you are too old and out of shape. )
    If the above is really who you are then you are just a disgusting person. Sorry if that makes me sound like a liberal weenie. I'm done with you.

    ETA: Tragically I'm not allowed to put you on my ignore list. Please put me on yours.

  9. #158
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66,622
    Amen (Given)
    14487
    Amen (Received)
    29452
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    If the above is really who you are then you are just a disgusting person.
    No morbid pictures to post? (You could throw in your little rant about not being a patriot! )

    Sorry if that makes me sound like a liberal weenie.
    It does.

    I'm done with you.
    You are not.

    ETA: Tragically I'm not allowed to put you on my ignore list. Please put me on yours.
    Nope.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  10. #159
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,193
    Amen (Given)
    1843
    Amen (Received)
    1096
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    I posted my main reply between your last post and this post. But your idea about data being meaningless does not make sense. Since when are actual data not relevant in measuring how bad a virus is? Is not the idea of a pandemic supposed to mean that we have scary numbers of death beyond normal levels? If you want to call normal death rates as epidemics, you can. But don't expect everyone to wear a mask because you call it a pandemic. Nor is there legal basis to have people wear masks because people are dying at normal death rates.
    Your data still makes no sense, nor is relevant to determination of what is and is not a pandemic.. The actual fatality rates as defined in the references provided of the COVID-19 pandemic, and how pandemics are defined determine that it is the second highest fatality rate of the pandemics in the 20th and 21st century behind the 1917-1920 pandemic.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  11. #160
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,592
    Amen (Given)
    441
    Amen (Received)
    1076
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Your data still makes no sense, nor is relevant to determination of what is and is not a pandemic.. The actual fatality rates as defined in the references provided of the COVID-19 pandemic, and how pandemics are defined determine that it is the second highest fatality rate of the pandemics in the 20th and 21st century behind the 1917-1920 pandemic.
    Your point is of little significance.
    If the Spanish Flu is the top of the scale at 100 ... and bird flu is a 10 and swine flu a 12 and coronavirus is 15, we will equate coronavirus with bird flu and swine flu rather than with Spanish flu.

    I have not checked the actual number here but I'm sure I'm not far off in principle.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •