Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

COVID deaths still declining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    If there are no icu beds available, those new covid19 patients needing them still don't get treatment. What moron thinks that the only way it's a problem is if ALL the ICU beds are covid 19 patients?
    What moron thinks that's what I said?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      What moron thinks that's what I said?
      Evasion and denial won't help CP. You are and have been the voice of ignorance wrt this virus from day one. You stand with those that try to minimize the issues and against those bringing the science forward in contradiction of that same misinformation.

In this case, you are minimizing the impact of full ICU's in Houston and other cities and supporting arguments that imply those full ICU's are not a consequence of the rapid rise in transmission of the virus in Texas.

Like I said, only a moron would believe that full ICU's is a problem only if the reason they are full is that they have 100% covid patients. They are near capacity as your own chart shows. And almost HALF that capacity (47.2%) is filled with COVID patients. Further diminishment of capacity will come primarily from covid, and they will soon be in surge. The cases are increasing, and the peak, even if things turned TODAY will be 3-4 weeks from now. That means the system is being overwhelmed, and the reason is covid.

Even if the rest of the hospital is empty, it doesn't solve the problem, because you need the specialized equipment and personnel trained to deal with these issues to care for more critically ill patients. Sticking them on empty beds without the equipment and trained personnel they need to survive just gives them a bed to die on.

Fortunately you have a state wide mask order in effect.

Unfortunately you have a large number of people that don't understand why it is necessary and will not enforce it or co-operate with it.

Hopefully the compliance with the law will be sufficiently robust to turn the current trend.
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-13-2020, 09:42 AM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• 12 July 2020 - 21:38
        Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        ....I'm done with you.
        12 July 2020 - 21:41
        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        You are not.
        12 July 2020 - 22:59
        Originally posted by DivineOb
        I'm going to break my rule ...
        Time it took to go back on his word, as predicted -- Just an hour and 21 minutes, folks. Good job!
        Not sure if that's a record, but gotta be close to it!
        Last edited by Cow Poke; 07-13-2020, 10:05 AM. Reason: bad math - had it right the first time!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Evasion and denial won't help CP.
          Just because I haven't been psycho-obsessed with this doesn't mean I don't care, or haven't taken it seriously, and haven't taken precautions, and haven't encouraged those in my sphere of influence to do likewise. I most certainly have. I simply don't live in fear, or engage in fearmongering.

Rage on!

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            I'm still holding out hope that you will not continue rejecting the truth. You can do a little research and start understanding the facts.
            Truth is an issue concerning you are avoiding the fact of the numbers and rates of fatalities, severe cases concerning the topic of the thread..
            Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-13-2020, 09:48 AM.
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Just because I haven't been psycho-obsessed with this doesn't mean I don't care, or haven't taken it seriously, and haven't taken precautions, and haven't encouraged those in my sphere of influence to do likewise. I most certainly have. I simply don't live in fear, or engage in fearmongering.

Rage on!
              Your words here have been to support ignorance and foolishness. That's all I have to go on CP. What that means if you are not in real life as your are here on this site is that you're a hypocrite wrt to what you say here, and that you are misleading those that you support by encouraging their delusions about the virus.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Your words here have been to support ignorance and foolishness.
                It's ignorant and foolish for you to twist them such. I question the numbers that are ALL OVER THE BOARD, and I don't fly into a panic.

That's all I have to go on CP.
                No, Jim, it's your psychotic little anger campaign.

What that means if you are not in real life as your are here on this site is that you're a hypocrite wrt to what you say here, and that you are misleading those that you support by encouraging their delusions about the virus.
                I hope to God that you are NOT like you are here.

In my case, I have clearly stated, a number of times, that I'm here to learn, to be challenged, and to question. The fact that I amen people you hate is yet another nail in my coffin.

It reminds me of a Dennis the Menace cartoon where Dennis and his mom are kneeling by his bed to pray, and Dennis peeks up at his mom and asks, "Is it OK if I pray for some people you don't like"?

Rage on!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                  This deceptive response is intended to hide your initial question of "Are ICU's "filling up"?"
                  It wasn't a deceptive question, it was a genuine one, and the answer is "Some are, some aren't", but of course doom and gloomers are only focusing on the ones that are.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Because the GloomAndDoomers seem to be claiming that the ICU beds are being overrun with COVID patients -- and that's simply not true. But "nearly half" doesn't sound NEARLY as scary as "they're stacking them up in the hallways".

And there was a HUGE capacity at a special hospital (like a MASH unit) at George R Brown Convention Center that hadn't even been tapped. Now, you can't even find any reference to it.
                    A lot of the emergency field hospitals set up by our military, many at great expense, were later packed up, often without seeing a single patient. This idea that our hospitals are overflowing with patients simply doesn't match up with any of the data where we find that most ICUs actually have a lot of spare beds, nurses are being sent home due to lack of work, EMTs and ambulance drivers are twiddling their thumbs because nobody is calling, etc. Of course the doom and gloom crowd is grinning from ear to ear and telling us, "Oh, it's about to get bad any minute. Just you wait! "
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                      Truth is an issue concerning you are avoiding the fact of the numbers and rates of fatalities, severe cases concerning the topic of the thread..
                      How come each of the calculations of deaths based on city and county data comes short of the panic that the news stories, as posted by people like you, portray?

I did mess up on one calculation. But No one has offered better calculations. Guys just post the panic stories but not the facts.

How much of oxmixmudd's concern about ICUs relates to normal community hospitalizations rather than to supposed coronavirus issues? The news does not give us the balanced information. When does the news give us good info on improving our immune systems so that we are not vulnerable to any viruses?
                      Last edited by mikewhitney; 07-13-2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• This video is by a medical doctor and state senator. He tells of the bad methods of identifying covid deaths. He mentions of the severity being more like the flu.

Do your news sources present his observations?

Jensen is not the final word. However, we see that the panic reports are not the whole testimony about the coronavirus season.
                        Last edited by mikewhitney; 07-13-2020, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          A lot of the emergency field hospitals set up by our military, many at great expense, were later packed up, often without seeing a single patient. This idea that our hospitals are overflowing with patients simply doesn't match up with any of the data where we find that most ICUs actually have a lot of spare beds, nurses are being sent home due to lack of work, EMTs and ambulance drivers are twiddling their thumbs because nobody is calling, etc. Of course the doom and gloom crowd is grinning from ear to ear and telling us, "Oh, it's about to get bad any minute. Just you wait! "
                          How much did it cost to outfit and reposition the Hospital ship USNS Comfort?

Hospital ship Comfort departs NYC, having treated fewer than 200 patients

The Navy’s hospital ship Comfort departed New York City today after spending the last month supporting the region’s COVID-19 efforts.

The ship arrived in New York’s Pier 90 exactly one month ago with the mission of accepting non-coronavirus patients to alleviate the burden on local hospitals, but a minimal number of patients admitted during the first week prompted officials to modify the ship’s mission.

Comfort was directed to begin accepting COVID-19 patients on April 6, a decision that warranted an extensive layout reconfiguration to properly cordon off the coronavirus ward from the rest of vessel.

And, yes, I praise God that it wasn't filled to capacity with COVID (or other) patients.

Many field hospitals went largely unused, will be shut down

empty beds.jpg

Comment

Are you ready to admit you've been wrong all along about the virus yet? That you've been part of supporting idiotic ideas promoted by people approaching the issue from political and partisan wishful thinking rather that the hard science that has been available to anyone willing to look at it since March?

That your participation, along with those of millions of others led astray by such misinformation, has cost hundreds of thousands of lives, and may well cost nearly a hundred thousand more?

Are you ready to don a mask yet and quit whining about it and lending support to those on this website that mock that simple effort at constraining spread of the virus?
                            I was still wondering how my providing of facts about the coronavirus are deemed as political and partisan. Does the virus culture only attack Green Peace party members?
                            Last edited by mikewhitney; 07-13-2020, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                              I was still wondering how my providing of facts about the coronavirus are deemed as political and partisan. Does the virus culture only attack Green Peace party members?
                              mike,

you haven't provided what you think you have. You've mostly just provided misinformation, misconceptions, and misunderstandings. You don't even - still - understand what disease mortality is after having it explained to you multiple times by multiple posters.

Comment

It's ignorant and foolish for you to twist them such. I question the numbers that are ALL OVER THE BOARD, and I don't fly into a panic.

No, Jim, it's your psychotic little anger campaign.

I hope to God that you are NOT like you are here.

In my case, I have clearly stated, a number of times, that I'm here to learn, to be challenged, and to question. The fact that I amen people you hate is yet another nail in my coffin.

It reminds me of a Dennis the Menace cartoon where Dennis and his mom are kneeling by his bed to pray, and Dennis peeks up at his mom and asks, "Is it OK if I pray for some people you don't like"?

Rage on!!!
                                And the gaslighting continues.

I tell you what, I'll continue to present science and facts, and you just go on and continue trying to find ways to disparage who I am. I'm comfortable being the one putting out science and facts. And I'm pretty sure I can at this point just chuckle a bit at your vain attempts to distract from the science and the facts through various forms of ad hom.

Comment