Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

COVID deaths still declining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
    There are several odd things about this statement of mortality. The first is that they are now including pneumonia and influenza in the same category as COVID-19, which seems to allow a claim of higher mortality, even if not the same basis used in March and April. Next, they say it is at the threshold but did not specify really what that threshold is. The question also arises what these percentages describe. This last point is of concern because the number of deaths in California and Texas have been way below normal flu deaths. So it seems odd to say that the numbers are above (or right at) epidemic levels.
    And it is no secret that anybody who dies with anything even remotely related to Covid "dies of Covid". Got that straight from our funeral director who will be using our church building for funeral services.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Source? What is happening is simply the slow grueling end of the Pandemic. It was and will always be apandemic of recoed.
      Click the blue hyperlink thingy in Post #13.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

...It was and will always be apandemic of recoed.
        Maybe we should have started with apandemectomies!

(sorry)

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Click the blue hyperlink thingy in Post #13.
          This only in reference to the level of cases and deaths in the USA, and not whether or not the COVID-19 is pandemic. Your misrepresenting the reference.

Again . . . What is happening is simply the slow grueling end of the Pandemic. It was and will always be a pandemic of record. The worst of record since the 1917-1920 pandemic.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Maybe we should have started with apandemectomies!

(sorry)
            Sorry for the typos. What is happening is simply the slow grueling end of the Pandemic. It was and will always be a pandemic of record. The worst of record since the 1917-1920 pandemic.
            Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-07-2020, 06:58 PM.
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Sorry for the typos.
              I was kidding, Shuny.

What is happening is simply the slow grueling end of the Pandemic. It was and will always be a pandemic of record. The worst of record since the 1917-1920 pandemic.
              Not so fast -- because, as they re-evaluate it.... . Do you mind if I trust CDC on this more than I trust you?

Comment

I forget where I found it, but the number of deaths necessary to match the Spanish Flu would have to be something like 50 -100 Million Americans. I don't think we have reached that number yet.

Comment

I was kidding, Shuny.

Not so fast -- because, as they re-evaluate it.... . Do you mind if I trust CDC on this more than I trust you?
                  I believe it is a matter of convenience as to what fits your agenda.

The CDC statement only refers to the change in the rate of cases and fatalities being 'soon at the epidemic level, and not whether the COVID-19 pandemic is a pandemic or not.

You're mistake is in your interpretation of CDC here:

Originally posted by Cow Poke
                  CDC, on their website, is about to declare this an epidemic rather than a pandemic. Deaths have fallen, but since new cases have been reported, they're holding off to see what deaths trail the rise in positive cases.
                  The CDC only stated that the level of cases and deaths is dropping to the epidemic levels, and not that they would change the designation of the COVID-19 pandemic to an epidemic. That is your misrepresentation of your source in plain English.
                  Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-07-2020, 07:04 PM.

Frank

Comment

I believe it is a matter of convenience as to what fits your agenda.
                    Yes, you need more deaths. MORE DEATHS!!! That's the gloom-and-doom agenda. I want actual facts, and would LOVE to see which deaths are actually COVID, and which are just related in some way to COVID.

The CDC statement only refers to the change in the rate of cases and fatalities being 'soon at the epidemic level, and not whether the COVID-19 pandemic is a pandemic or not.
                    Shuny -- I know FULL WELL what the CDC statement says, and I EVEN pointed out that they anticipate there may be a rise in deaths because they obviously lag "cases". Sheeeeesh!

But, hey.... this needs to be as absolutely morbid and scary and doomy and gloomy as possible, so MORE DEATHS!!!

Comment

Yes, you need more deaths. MORE DEATHS!!! That's the gloom-and-doom agenda. I want actual facts, and would LOVE to see which deaths are actually COVID, and which are just related in some way to COVID.

Shuny -- I know FULL WELL what the CDC statement says, and I EVEN pointed out that they anticipate there may be a rise in deaths because they obviously lag "cases". Sheeeeesh!

But, hey.... this needs to be as absolutely morbid and scary and doomy and gloomy as possible, so MORE DEATHS!!!
                      Please refer to the previous post that documents your misrepresentation of the CDC report. The COVID-19 pandemic is the worst pandemic since the 1917-1920 pandemic.

Frank

Comment

Please refer to the previous post that documents your misrepresentation of the CDC report. The COVID-19 pandemic is the worst pandemic since the 1917-1920 pandemic.
                        You actually have a legitimate point for once. I didn't mean to imply "change it forever" (as in the history books) but that it appears to be more like an epidemic than a pandemic. You are correct, I was wrong.

Comment

You actually have a legitimate point for once. I didn't mean to imply "change it forever" (as in the history books) but that it appears to be more like an epidemic than a pandemic. You are correct, I was wrong.
                          Still a problem, by the count of deaths around the world, and the USA it is a pandemic, only No 2 in the 20th qnd 21st century.

One comment about the new mutated flues found in birds in China that are possible the basis of a pandemic flu this fall, winter and spring. This a real threat, but contemporary research on vaccines know of this flu virus and variations and hopes the vaccines of this flu season will help reduce the impact of this potential pandemic killer, Nonetheless flu vaccines like all vaccines of zoonotic viruses only reduce the case and fatality rate. Vaccines do not defeat the viruses.I do predict that his COVID-19 pandemic will decrease and fade before the election,but will do so naturally, and no one defeats viruse. It may come back seasonally, but maybe not like the 2003 SARS. It also may simply find a home in humanity like some other viruses and hang around as a part of our virus natural endemic virus baggage that pops up once in a while to thin the herd.
                          Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-07-2020, 09:10 PM.

Frank

Comment

I forget where I found it, but the number of deaths necessary to match the Spanish Flu would have to be something like 50 -100 Million Americans. I don't think we have reached that number yet.
                            Probably from one of your crap-filled conspiracy theory lie-fests, filtered through your own idiocy. It's total garbage - like everything else you've said on this subject - being off by a factor of at least 20.
                            Last edited by Roy; 07-08-2020, 02:29 AM.
                            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

And ALL THE TIME, God is good!!!
                              That leads to the question, why did God create the virus?
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              The things that you're liable
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life
                              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

The Spanish Flu lasted for two years or more, and we now know far more about viruses than was known in the early 20th century when virology was still very much in its infancy.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                The things that you're liable
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life
                                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment