Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID deaths still declining

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    If I understand what you have said -- you agree that the rate of deaths have gone down and your prediction was wrong.

I don't pay attention to Trump's numbers. Are you saying that 1% (or more????) of people who have a positive test of coronavirus are dying now?

I liked what I heard from one doctor's office. His nurses sent in swabs that had not been used -- they all came back positive for coronavirus. The test may be a bit too sensitive-- no?
    CDC, on their website, is about to declare this an epidemic rather than a pandemic. Deaths have fallen, but since new cases have been reported, they're holding off to see what deaths trail the rise in positive cases.

Additionally, since MANY of these new cases are young people, the death rate is not expected to rise sharply.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    CDC, on their website, is about to declare this an epidemic rather than a pandemic. Deaths have fallen, but since new cases have been reported, they're holding off to see what deaths trail the rise in positive cases.

Additionally, since MANY of these new cases are young people, the death rate is not expected to rise sharply.
    That makes sense. Because the evidence across the world is that this pandemic didn't ... well ... pan out, just say Amercia is in a epidemic.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That makes sense. Because the evidence across the world is that this pandemic didn't ... well ... pan out, just say Amercia is in a epidemic.
    cdc.jpg

Key Updates for Week 26, ending June 27, 2020

Nationally, levels of influenza-like illness (ILI) and COVID-19-like illness (CLI) activity remain lower than peaks seen in March and April but are increasing in most regions. The percentage of specimens testing positive for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, also increased from last week. Mortality attributed to COVID-19 decreased compared to last week and is currently at the epidemic threshold but will likely increase as additional death certificates are processed.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Based on death certificate data, the percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia, influenza or COVID-19 (PIC) decreased from 9.0% during week 25 to 5.9% during week 26, representing the tenth week of a declining percentage of deaths due to PIC. The percentage is currently at the epidemic threshold but will likely change as more death certificates are processed, particularly for recent weeks.
    There are several odd things about this statement of mortality. The first is that they are now including pneumonia and influenza in the same category as COVID-19, which seems to allow a claim of higher mortality, even if not the same basis used in March and April. Next, they say it is at the threshold but did not specify really what that threshold is. The question also arises what these percentages describe. This last point is of concern because the number of deaths in California and Texas have been way below normal flu deaths. So it seems odd to say that the numbers are above (or right at) epidemic levels.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Source? What is happening is simply the slow grueling end of the Pandemic. It was and will always be a pandemic of recoed.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-07-2020 at 04:17 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There are several odd things about this statement of mortality. The first is that they are now including pneumonia and influenza in the same category as COVID-19, which seems to allow a claim of higher mortality, even if not the same basis used in March and April. Next, they say it is at the threshold but did not specify really what that threshold is. The question also arises what these percentages describe. This last point is of concern because the number of deaths in California and Texas have been way below normal flu deaths. So it seems odd to say that the numbers are above (or right at) epidemic levels.
    And it is no secret that anybody who dies with anything even remotely related to Covid "dies of Covid". Got that straight from our funeral director who will be using our church building for funeral services.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Source? What is happening is simply the slow grueling end of the Pandemic. It was and will always be apandemic of recoed.
    Click the blue hyperlink thingy in Post #13.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    ...It was and will always be apandemic of recoed.
    Maybe we should have started with apandemectomies!

(sorry)

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Click the blue hyperlink thingy in Post #13.
    This only in reference to the level of cases and deaths in the USA, and not whether or not the COVID-19 is pandemic. Your misrepresenting the reference.

Again . . . What is happening is simply the slow grueling end of the Pandemic. It was and will always be a pandemic of record. The worst of record since the 1917-1920 pandemic.
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Maybe we should have started with apandemectomies!

(sorry)
    Sorry for the typos. What is happening is simply the slow grueling end of the Pandemic. It was and will always be a pandemic of record. The worst of record since the 1917-1920 pandemic.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-07-2020 at 04:58 PM.

Frank