Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is Black Lives Matter Marxist? No and Yes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Black Lives Matter Marxist? No and Yes.

Is Black Lives Matter Marxist? No and Yes.

On Monday night, Terry Crews was grilled over his criticism of Black Lives Matter by CNN host Don Lemon. As Gina Bontempo pointed out on Twitter: “Don Lemon did everything he could to talk over Terry and silence him as soon as they started approaching what the BLM organization is *really* about.”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1280476986754957319

So what is Black Lives Matter really about?

Many conservatives insist Black Lives Matter is a Marxist, anti-police, radical organization that wants to tear down America. Meanwhile, most liberals simply view Black Lives Matter as a heroic movement and powerful slogan signaling support for racial justice and opposition to police brutality.

Both are right. There is Black Lives Matter™️, and there is “black lives matter.”

Let me explain.

In 2013, the national outcry over Trayvon Martin’s death and George Zimmerman’s acquittal sparked a national outcry over racial injustice. Amid this controversy, three activists, Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza, and Opal Tometi, started a hashtag, #BlackLivesMatter, which soon went viral. They then founded the national Black Lives Matter organization.

Black Lives Matter as a broad sentiment and movement then gained national attention and name recognition after the 2014 deaths of Eric Garner and Michael Brown. Meanwhile, the official group expanded and many more local chapters formed.

No doubt, the organization itself was quite radical from the very beginning. Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors described herself and fellow co-founder Alicia Garza as “trained Marxists” in a recently resurfaced video from 2015.

“We actually do have an ideological frame[work],” Cullors said of her organization. “We are trained Marxists. We are super-versed on, sort of, ideological theories.”

Meanwhile, the national organization’s official platform, published in 2015, contained a specific call to “[disrupt] the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure.”

At the local level, official Black Lives Matter chapters are essentially far-left front groups that use racial justice as a Trojan horse for leftist policy and ideology. For example, the official organization Black Lives Matter DC openly dedicates itself to “creating the conditions for Black Liberation through the abolition of systems and institutions of white supremacy, capitalism, patriarchy and colonialism.”

Unsurprisingly, conservatives have bashed the radical group en masse.

“Black Lives Matter is an openly Marxist, anti-American group,” conservative commentator Mark Levin said. “There's no denying it. And it is fully embraced by the Democrat Party and its media and cultural surrogates.”

“Black Lives Matter is a Marxist movement,” Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz tweeted. “Black Lives Matter is not about police, it's not about race, it's not about justice. It's about making us hate America so they can replace America.”

“You know, I know plenty of people who are for Black Lives Matter. A lot of them are nice people,” Fox News Host Tucker Carlson recently said. “I’m not mad at them. I disagree… I think Black Lives Matter is poison.”

These kinds of conservative criticisms of Black Lives Matter are widespread. And on one hand, they’re right: The official Black Lives Matter organization is Marxist, is anti-American in its values, and its views are rightfully alarming to anyone who believes in the Constitution, capitalism, and civil society as we know it. But in applying their reflexive response to all Black Lives Matter supporters, conservative critics are failing to see the forest for the trees.

A whopping 51 percent of the public tells pollsters they support “black lives matter.” Most of these people, I suspect, don’t even know that there is an official Black Lives Matter organization. And I’m sure hardly any of them could name Patrisse Cullors or Alicia Garza.

Whether it’s where I’m from in deep-blue Massachusetts or where I live now in Washington D.C., walking by a Black Lives Matter sign sticking out from someone’s yard is just about an everyday occurrence. After the death of George Floyd, more of my acquaintances, friends, and relatives than I could count posted #BlackLivesMatter. Many others changed their picture to a black square or otherwise signaled their support for the movement.

I can personally guarantee you that the vast majority of these people, while liberal, do not support ending capitalism or dismantling the family. Conservatives are led astray as soon as they apply their (valid) criticisms of Black Lives Matter™️ the organization to the Black Lives Matter movement and its supporters broadly......

Civil discussion only - no OrangeManBad or OrangeManGood.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Civil discussion only - no OrangeManBad or OrangeManGood.
    When they first popped up a few years back they were backing the wrong horses, like that Michael Brown thug in Ferguson Missouri. So they didn't evoke much sympathy from me.

Now they're making a huge splash over a local event and trying to skew statistics in their favor. It's all about optics, and now they have the Floyd optics to run on.

I'm just exhausted hearing about them. The media, Hollywood, corporations are all jumping on their bandwagon as some sort of thoughtless, impulsively trendy "me too" reaction to the Floyd video.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      When they first popped up a few years back they were backing the wrong horses, like that Michael Brown thug in Ferguson Missouri. So they didn't evoke much sympathy from me.

Now they're making a huge splash over a local event and trying to skew statistics in their favor. It's all about optics, and now they have the Floyd optics to run on.

I'm just exhausted hearing about them. The media, Hollywood, corporations are all jumping on their bandwagon as some sort of thoughtless, impulsively trendy "me too" reaction to the Floyd video.
      I've been researching this a lot lately, because my black "boss" at our faith-based mission has been talking a lot lately about BLM in a rather favorable way.

We had JUST had a meeting of the PD, Sheriff's Department, local clergy, etc, talking about making sure our community stays united.

I know the Police Chief's view on BLM, and I'm pretty sure I know the Sheriff's view on BLM - I'll talk to him later this evening (he's my next door neighbor).

We (the whole group at this meeting) had agreed to be more careful about words and phrases that can be seen as antagonistic.

My "boss" is a GREAT guy, a really strong Christian, but I don't think he has a clue how offensive 'pushing BLM' is to the police. It has to be a two-way street.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I've been researching this a lot lately, because my black "boss" at our faith-based mission has been talking a lot lately about BLM in a rather favorable way.

We had JUST had a meeting of the PD, Sheriff's Department, local clergy, etc, talking about making sure our community stays united.

I know the Police Chief's view on BLM, and I'm pretty sure I know the Sheriff's view on BLM - I'll talk to him later this evening (he's my next door neighbor).

We (the whole group at this meeting) had agreed to be more careful about words and phrases that can be seen as antagonistic.

My "boss" is a GREAT guy, a really strong Christian, but I don't think he has a clue how offensive 'pushing BLM' is to the police. It has to be a two-way street.
        I hadn't thought about the community aspect to it.

When I see corporations trumpeting their support, raising BLM flags and such, I feel nauseated. Honestly, two things strike me:
        1) They feel sympathy because the Floyd video was painful. No one should go through that, and BLM insists it is happening all the time everywhere, and they are buying into that lie.
        2) They are being frightened weasels (like my CEO) who doesn't want to be singled out by BLM as a non-supporter, and possibly called a racist company, and maybe even suffering a boycott.

This reminds me of Jesse Jackson's Rainbow Coalition. They were constantly accused of extortion. If a company was approached for funds and didn't contribute, they were attacked and labelled as "racist" by the group - at least until Jackson got his cash. I will not be surprised to see the same thing evolve here.

ETA: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...ng-down-toyota
        Last edited by Ronson; 07-07-2020, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
          I hadn't thought about the community aspect to it.

When I see corporations trumpeting their support, raising BLM flags and such, I feel nauseated. Honestly, two things strike me:
          1) They feel sympathy because the Floyd video was painful. No one should go through that, and BLM insists it is happening all the time everywhere, and they are buying into that lie.
          2) They are being frightened weasels (like my CEO) who doesn't want to be singled out by BLM as a non-supporter, and possibly called a racist company, and maybe even suffering a boycott.

This reminds me of Jesse Jackson's Rainbow Coalition. They were constantly accused of extortion. If a company was approached for funds and didn't contribute, they were attacked and labelled as "racist" by the group - at least until Jackson got his cash. I will not be surprised to see the same thing evolve here.
          Yes, so the corporations, in this case, seem to be getting duped into supporting the BLM RADICAL JACKALS, thinking they're supporting the "black lives matter" narrative.

It's like the Ali thing all over --- BLM has HIJACKED the social agenda of MLK.

Comment

We need another slogan here. Something like the Promote Black Freedom or Pro Black Movement. (This should be three syllables long so that it can operate well as a slogan.) So we can say we are concerned for their lives but do not want them and all of us to be subjected to government slavery.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
              We need another slogan here. Something like the Promote Black Freedom or Pro Black Movement. (This should be three syllables long so that it can operate well as a slogan.) So we can say we are concerned for their lives but do not want them and all of us to be subjected to government slavery.
              I know people who are repulsed by the BLM official website's "platform" which is absolutely Marxist.

They - the BLM people - have figured out that if they can cloak themselves in the black lives matter mantra, no cowardly white dude would ever challenge them, because all they have to do is cry RACIST!!!

Comment

The church has no business getting involved with BLM.

They are, as the article says, out to destroy the nuclear family, they are also pro-LGBTQWXYZ, and pro-abortion.

Pastors should be telling their congregations to stay away from the movement.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

They are, as the article says, out to destroy the nuclear family, they are also pro-LGBTQWXYZ, and pro-abortion.

But, therein lies the rub... I'm thinking that MOST people are totally ignorant of what BLM actually "preaches". And, yes, they need to be condemned outright as anti-American / anti-God.

Comment

It seems a bit confusing because there are multi layers of the "movement," and multi layers of lies and deception.

BLM started off as a movement against black injustice by police (which itself is based on a lie because it completely ignores statistics about black crime, and even falsified a lot of the police encounters of black men that drove the movement -- to my knowledge, the killing of Floyd is really the only black man that most everyone agrees without dispute was an unjust killing, but even in that incident, whether racism was the sole reason of the killing is in dispute).

Then it seems another false movement has overlapped it and maybe even hijacked it. This is led primarily by white liberals and is based on the creepy and pervasive intersectionality ideology, and this is the part that seems to be pushing the marxist angle. Though there are a lot of members of the first false movement going along with the second false movement (perhaps because they see success in numbers), there are many of the first false movement decrying the fact that the second has been hijacked by the first for their own political ends.
                    Last edited by seanD; 07-07-2020, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      It seems a bit confusing because there are multi layers of the "movement," and multi layers of lies and deception.

BLM started off as a movement against black injustice by police (which itself is based on a lie because it completely ignores statistics about black crime, and even falsified a lot of the police encounters of black men that drove the movement -- to my knowledge, the killing of Floyd is really the only black man that most everyone agrees without dispute was an unjust killing, but even in that incident, whether racism was the sole reason of the killing is in dispute).

Then it seems another false movement has overlapped it and maybe even hijacked it. This is led primarily by white liberals and is based on the creepy and pervasive intersectionality ideology, and this is the part that seems to be pushing the marxist angle. Though there are a lot of members of the first false movement going along with the second false movement (perhaps because they see success in numbers), there are many of the first false movement decrying the fact that the second has hijacked the first for their own political ends.
                      And there are courageous black leaders standing up and refuting the whole thing as anti-BLACK, because it attacks the nuclear family, etc...

Comment

But, therein lies the rub... I'm thinking that MOST people are totally ignorant of what BLM actually "preaches". And, yes, they need to be condemned outright as anti-American / anti-God.
                        Those of us in the know should lovingly and emphatically show them the evidence of what BLM believes, and point out how anti-God it is.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Those of us in the know should lovingly and emphatically show them the evidence of what BLM believes, and point out how anti-God it is.
                          That's why I'm meeting with the Sheriff tonight, and the Police Chief in the morning, then talking to my "boss" tomorrow or the next day. The "BLM support" needs to stop, or our funding and my involvement will stop.

Comment

I knew you would be on top of it, my brother.

Comment

I agree. Pastors should be feeding the sheep with what Christ said about this world and its politics.

Comment