Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is Black Lives Matter Marxist? No and Yes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I think one of the things that had caused people to wonder was that, on his facebook page, he was wearing a black shirt with the big block white letters (like Black Lives Matter) that said "STOP KILLING US". This was in a video he was doing totally unrelated to the shirt, but about halfway through the video, he stops and addresses the shirt he's wearing...

He makes it very clear in that video that he's talking about even BLACK people "killing us", and he talks about black on black murder and problems within the black community.

I had been to a number of his breakfast meetings where he does the devotional, and I had ALWAYS thought, "man, that's some pretty hard core stuff" like GET A JOB, clean up your life, respect your elders, learn how to use manners, learn how to accept responsibility....

So, yeah, we good. And he always appreciates the fact that, any time I have a question, I come to him one on one, just like Matt 18. (which is why I asked if it was OK for the friend to sit in)
    I'm starting to see a trend of people saying that African-American Lives Manner as a way of distinguishing themselves from the antics of BLM.

Hope it continues and grows.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
      You need read a little more widely on the early history of your religion.
      I've read very extensively about the early history and the ECF writings. While there was a few short-lived incidents of in-fighting it never rose anywhere to even a minuscule fraction of mass slaughters started by Marxists the moments they seized power, nor did it involve those outside of the community.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        I'm starting to see a trend of people saying that African-American Lives Manner as a way of distinguishing themselves from the antics of BLM.

Hope it continues and grows.
        I am encountering more and more people who grasp the fact that the BLM Movement is Marxist - and antithetical with the beliefs and interests of blacks.

That's good news! And, when you can show somebody the Marxist background of the "founders" of BLM --- it makes for an easy conversion.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Can we please take the "religion" discussion elsewhere?

Thanks
          Sowwy brudder

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            I've read very extensively about the early history and the ECF writings. While there was a few short-lived incidents of in-fighting it never rose anywhere to even a minuscule fraction of mass slaughters started by Marxists the moments they seized power, nor did it involve those outside of the community.
            It took a few centuries before full-scale violence ensued but incidents of anti-Judaic violence and violence against other non-Christians are cited from the late second century. Once Christianity achieved temporal power its aggression expanded. One only has to look at the destruction of ancient non-Christian sites and places of worship and the attacks on "paganism" that were instigated to recognise that.

Most more recent revolutions, including your own, have been a direct reaction against the extant ruling power/authorities. However, Christianity utilised Imperial power in order to pursue, and achieve, its goals.
            "It ain't necessarily so
            The things that you're liable
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life
            Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

It took a few centuries before full-scale violence ensued but incidents of anti-Judaic violence and violence against other non-Christians are cited from the late second century. Once Christianity achieved temporal power its aggression expanded. One only has to look at the destruction of ancient non-Christian sites and places of worship and the attacks on "paganism" that were instigated to recognise that.

Most more recent revolutions, including your own, have been a direct reaction against the extant ruling power/authorities. However, Christianity utilised Imperial power in order to pursue, and achieve, its goals.
              I asked you politely....

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Can we please take the "religion" discussion elsewhere?

Thanks
              As much as I don't enjoy doing it, my next step will be to formally ban you from the thread.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I asked you politely....

As much as I don't enjoy doing it, my next step will be to formally ban you from the thread.
                Tell the others as well then. If they desist so will I.
                "It ain't necessarily so
                The things that you're liable
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life
                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Tell the others as well then. If they desist so will I.
                  No, that's not how it works -

I had asked you politely, and you kept it going -- sometimes others don't see the notice until they have already responded. You knew better.

You may now leave the thread. You are entitled ONE response for the SOLE PURPOSE of agreeing to leave - that's it.

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  To all forum members:

There seems to be some confusion over who can ban - or be banned - from a thread. Please note the following guidelines:
                  1. The thread owner can limit who can participate in the first post. They can say "Only Christians" or "Only people who wear blue jeans" "no spamming" or whatever. IF they have a history of problems with certain posters, they may request that those people not participate. But this is not to be taken to extremes and can be denied by moderator decision if we believe it is being abused. In other words, you can't just use this power to keep any critics out of your thread so you can "win".

2. If the thread owner wishes to remove somebody from the thread because they are being disruptive or breaking the rules, he/she can ask them to stop, or leave the thread.
                  If the person who is asked to leave believes the request to be unreasonable, he can report the request for review. Otherwise, he/she should leave the thread.
                  If the person does not leave the thread, the thread owner can report the offender for moderator review.

(The ability to remove somebody from a thread should not be abused. It is for cases where the person is being disruptive, uncivil, trolling, or off topic. This is a debate forum. We want debate. This is not a blog site. All OP rules must apply equally to everyone in a thread. For example, if you say "no spam" and you let everyone spam but try to enforce it on only one person, then that will not be allowed.)

3. When a thread owner asks someone to leave, that person is entitled to ONE response, for the express purpose of acknowledging they are leaving - no other commentary or argument. If the thread owner mentions them or responds to that post, or even an earlier post by them, then the person banned can respond to that post and is no longer banned.

If you are caught breaking the rules of a thread ban, you will be moderated, receive infraction points as necessary, and all of your subsequent responses in the thread may be deleted. Of course, you may appeal to a moderator for reconsideration if you can prove your case, but we ask that you do so via private message and not in the thread. You may also start your own thread to respond if you choose.

Comment

I am encountering more and more people who grasp the fact that the BLM Movement is Marxist -
                    Yeah, well i'm sure those people never supported BLM in the first place.

and antithetical with the beliefs and interests of blacks.
                    In the minds of the conservative white men.
                    That's good news!
                    Not really, CP. That's the anti BLM choir that you hear singing.

And, when you can show somebody the Marxist background of the "founders" of BLM --- it makes for an easy conversion.
                    Most people neither know or care about the political ideology of BLM CP, they simply support some of the same issues such as the fight against discrimination and police abuse. I believe you must be listening to too many right wing propagandists who want to shift the focus and spin this into a political ideology issue. You've taken the bait!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Yeah, well i'm sure those people never supported BLM in the first place.
                      Why is it, that whenever you say "I'm sure....", you're about to say something really dumb?

In the minds of the conservative white men.
                      No, you blunderhead - this is from my black captain of police, by black "boss" in the faith-based mission, and numbers of blacks who have actually looked at the BLM website.

Not really, CP. That's the anti BLM choir that you hear singing.
                      No, I'm hearing the sound of people waking up to what BLM is actually about, and how they've managed to fool hundreds of thousands of incredibly ignorant white liberals like you.

Most people neither know or care about the political ideology of BLM CP,
                      Fortunately, that's changing.

they simply support some of the same issues such as the fight against discrimination and police abuse. I believe you must be listening to too many right wing propagandists who want to shift the focus and spin this into a political ideology issue. You've taken the bait!
                      OK, I've really tried to resist calling you names, but on this, you are one incredibly moronic IDIOT.

There is the "black lives matter message", which I FULLY support, and there is the "black lives matter" "movement", which is blatantly Marxist and supports NUMEROUS things blacks, in general, do NOT support.

Comment

No, that's not how it works -

I had asked you politely, and you kept it going -- sometimes others don't see the notice until they have already responded. You knew better.

You may now leave the thread. You are entitled ONE response for the SOLE PURPOSE of agreeing to leave - that's it.
                        Wow. You asked CP, you didn't demand or else. You could have at least warned someone that banning would result. Pretty harsh if you ask me. Is it personal?

Comment

• To be absolutely clear, the black leadership of our community, including 17 black pastors, the #2 guy at our police department, the head of our faith-based mission (who is quite influential in town), and the "minority owned business" president and members do NOT want BLM anywhere near our community.

It's only the incredibly ignorant "OH, LOOK AT ME - I CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE" woke white folks who keep supporting BLM.

I was very PLEASANTLY surprised, when I was going to make my appeal to my black "boss"* about BLM, that he showed me on his own phone the very SAME outline I was about to show him, with what BLM supports, and how antithetical it is to the black community.

*I say "boss" in quotes, because he's in charge of the program I help run, but I'm a contributor there, not an employee. When we are in "his house", I treat him exactly I would if he were my boss.

Comment

Wow. You asked CP, you didn't demand or else. You could have at least warned someone that banning would result. Pretty harsh if you ask me. Is it personal?
                            This is arguing moderation in a thread, Jim, and it's none of your business. I had asked politely, and warned that my next step would be banning.

Comment

Why is it, that whenever you say "I'm sure....", you're about to say something really dumb?
                              I'm sure you're wrong about that.

No, you blunderhead - this is from my black captain of police, by black "boss" in the faith-based mission, and numbers of blacks who have actually looked at the BLM website.
                              Sure.

No, I'm hearing the sound of people waking up to what BLM is actually about, and how they've managed to fool hundreds of thousands of incredibly ignorant white liberals like you.
                              Well, how about some substance, what are their marxist principles as listed that are so concerning to you?

Fortunately, that's changing.
                              No, it isn't, CP. No one cares about BLM's political ideology other than those who want to discredit the issues concerning discrimination and police abuse.

OK, I've really tried to resist calling you names, but on this, you are one incredibly moronic IDIOT.
                              You don't try very hard, CP.
                              There is the "black lives matter message", which I FULLY support, and there is the "black lives matter" "movement", which is blatantly Marxist and supports NUMEROUS things blacks, in general, do NOT support.
                              Such as?

Comment

I'm sure you're wrong about that.
                                What does BLM stand for, SuperWoke Jim?

And I don't mean the letters "BLM" --- what is their platform - what are they about?

Comment