Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Can't Mandate Masks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    ... and here you are responding.

Doh!

Already did. Despite your claim, it's clear you don't prefer the science. Masks work, they're useful, and they don't harm people in any appreciable manner.
    It was a courtesy to your non-responsive post. I have found plenty of science but you are just responding with blank stares.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
      Why don't you deprive yourself of internet access, then you could pretend we all died and nobody would stumble upon your inane musings.
      It doesn't really matter what I have posted. If people don't listen to the warnings against useless behavior, it is pretty useless to warn you. I'm trying to help people. Some people may listen and benefit from it. You may not ever listen. Or, you may take a year to realize that I have been accurate. Until then, it is fun enough to see how you all hold to beliefs without substantiating them. I don't think you have addressed any of the science yet. Maybe you will look into it.

Comment

aka. you refused to read the studies from the science you claim to "prefer". You refused even to check out the results of the Google search I posted for you.

Lol

You don't prefer science; you prefer partisan spin. Thanks for making this so blatantly clear to everyone in the thread.

I think I missed responding to this post. Apart from the other posts where you have not stated which medical studies you rely on, you stated something about a partisan spin. What does it matter if you are perhaps a Democrat or Republican? I don't think science is supposed to be based on political affiliations. Maybe you can clarify what you mean here.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
          I have found plenty of science
          No you haven't.

You've found nonsense from right-wing blogs.

Comment

No you haven't.

You've found nonsense from right-wing blogs.
            you can counter the posts I have done on masks. That would be helpful. And maybe you can explain how the wearing or avoidance of wearing masks is based on politics. I don't think I have gone to any right-wing websites. I would probably move away from those if I encountered them.

Comment

It doesn't really matter what I have posted. If people don't listen to the warnings against useless behavior, it is pretty useless to warn you. I'm trying to help people. Some people may listen and benefit from it. You may not ever listen. Or, you may take a year to realize that I have been accurate. Until then, it is fun enough to see how you all hold to beliefs without substantiating them. I don't think you have addressed any of the science yet. Maybe you will look into it.
              I've talked about how the virus is spread and why it thus makes sense for people to wear masks and I've refuted your argument that coronavirus isn't much more deadly than the seasonal flu. What science have you presented that I am not addressing? What beliefs are unsubstantiated? How does encouraging people not to wear masks help them?

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                I've talked about how the virus is spread and why it thus makes sense for people to wear masks and I've refuted your argument that coronavirus isn't much more deadly than the seasonal flu. What science have you presented that I am not addressing? What beliefs are unsubstantiated? How does encouraging people not to wear masks help them?
                I've missed where you make a coherent argument. I keep showing that the death rates are beneath flu seasons in the states I did the calculations. You have to look at the calculations, not the headlines.

Here is where I calculate the numbers for California:
                http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...474#post761474

We find, in places like Texas and California, that the deaths are less than they were last flu season.
                See the numbers at: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html
                The 2018-2019 flu season had deaths at a rate of 0.06% of the population. California's attributed deaths to covid are 0.03% (7800 deaths for 26million population).

We have the numbers to comfort us. The recommendation is just that people who have preexisting conditions that make them vulnerable. There is no logic to making everyone wear masks when everything is like a normal flu season.

Comment

I've missed where you make a coherent argument. I keep showing that the death rates are beneath flu seasons in the states I did the calculations. You have to look at the calculations, not the headlines.

Here is where I calculate the numbers for California:
                  http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...474#post761474

We find, in places like Texas and California, that the deaths are less than they were last flu season.
                  See the numbers at: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html
                  The 2018-2019 flu season had deaths at a rate of 0.06% of the population. California's attributed deaths to covid are 0.03% (7800 deaths for 26million population).

We have the numbers to comfort us. The recommendation is just that people who have preexisting conditions that make them vulnerable. There is no logic to making everyone wear masks when everything is like a normal flu season.
                  Your first link is you talking about a Texas county, not California.

For your second link, are you comparing a death rate for the nation to the death rate for California? Where are you getting the 0.06% flu season death rate from? You're also focusing a lot on deaths. What about lung scarring or heart tissue damage that can result in those who recover?

Comment

I will have to check what I did wrong. the 0.06% number is too high. I may have mixed a california population with the country's number of deaths. I think the annual number is more like 0.025%

Comment

Cuyahoga County — which houses Cleveland, Ohio — has created a hotline so that people can tattle on their neighbors for not wearing masks. Ironically, the county executive claims that they “want people to [wear masks] voluntarily.”

Cuyahoga County has taken Ohio governor Mike DeWine’s mask order to the next level by establishing a hotline that allows people to report others for not wearing what is now considered proper attire in the new era of the Chinese coronavirus...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...wearing-masks/

In my area of the country, I was refused entry to Walmart yesterday because I didn't have a mask, so I guess now I need to join the legions of masked morons if I want to be able to participate in necessary activities like buying food to feed my family (I cut up an old t-shirt which will serve the purpose).

My 11-year daughter very sensibly asked, "If they require you to wear a mask, why don't they require you to wear gloves, too?" I said, "Because the people making the rules are idiots."
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Cuyahoga County — which houses Cleveland, Ohio — has created a hotline so that people can tattle on their neighbors for not wearing masks. Ironically, the county executive claims that they “want people to [wear masks] voluntarily.”

Cuyahoga County has taken Ohio governor Mike DeWine’s mask order to the next level by establishing a hotline that allows people to report others for not wearing what is now considered proper attire in the new era of the Chinese coronavirus...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...wearing-masks/

In my area of the country, I was refused entry to Walmart yesterday because I didn't have a mask, so I guess now I need to join the legions of masked morons if I want to be able to participate in necessary activities like buying food to feed my family (I cut up an old t-shirt which will serve the purpose).

My 11-year daughter very sensibly asked, "If they require you to wear a mask, why don't they require you to wear gloves, too?" I said, "Because the people making the rules are idiots."
                        Good for them! Irresponsible people like you should be refused entry into an enclosed area where they can spread Covid if they have it and are not wearing a mask. You should just be happy they didn't publicly call you out for your shameless disregard for the safety of others.

And for not understanding why you are required to wear a mask and not caring enough about those around you to take that simple little step to help protect them, perhaps you should entertain the possibility someone else is the actual 'idiot' in this case.
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-14-2020, 11:09 AM.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Schools in more recent years have instilled in people a very bad idea. That idea is that the government can be trusted to give us accurate information. Even longer we have been given the idea that the media is acting as a fourth arm ... to the "protections" of government. The media was supposed to expose any improper or unconstitutional actions by the government. What happens when the government becomes untrustworthy and the media no longer investigates illegal policy and actions of the government? That is what I am trying to expose. And I'm not talking about the presidency but neither am I saying this should be excluded from media observation (nor has the media restrained itself from blaming Trump). I am concerned about the media taking a role in exposing corruption in the governors' actions and corruption in the CDC. These institutes are being trusted too much, as if they were immune from corrupting influences. The mask and the whole coronavirus policy needs to be examined with the possibility that these agencies have been corrupted. Plus, the theme of this thread is whether government has the authority to make people wear masks -- it does not -- especially not without legislation. So the very claim of authority on this point is a corruption of the government.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            Good for them! Irresponsible people like you should be refused entry into an enclosed area where they can spread Covid if they have it and are not wearing a mask. You should just be happy they didn't publicly call you out for your shameless disregard for the safety of others.

And for not understanding why you are required to wear a mask and not caring enough about those around you to take that simple little step to help protect them, perhaps you should entertain the possibility someone else is the actual 'idiot' in this case.
                            It's hilarious to me how paranoid some of you idiots are. If the door greeter had attempted to publicly shame me, I would have just laughed in his face for the same reason I'm laughing at you.

Even the CDC can't say definitively that masks do a lick of good -- they only say that a mask "may" stop the China flu, which is equivalent to saying that it "may not" stop the China flu. In other words, they don't know.

So I will do what I need to in order to enter stores and buy food for my family even though I know wearing a piece of old t-shirt over my face like a bandit in a Western will just make me look ridiculous and isn't doing anybody a damn bit of good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              It's hilarious to me how paranoid some of you idiots are. If the door greeter had attempted to publicly shame me, I would have just laughed in his face for the same reason I'm laughing at you.

Even the CDC can't say definitively that masks do a lick of good -- they only say that a mask "may" stop the China flu, which is equivalent to saying that it "may not" stop the China flu. In other words, they don't know.

So I will do what I need to in order to enter stores and buy food for my family even though I know wearing a piece of old t-shirt over my face like a bandit in a Western will just make me look ridiculous and isn't doing anybody a damn bit of good.
                              I almost did not want to amen you for this idiocy.

Comment

I almost did not want to amen you for this idiocy.
                                Thanks... I think...

Comment