Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Letter on Justice and Open Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    I don't know how many of the signers are hard left. From somewhat following the transgender debates, I know what Rowlings as said and I think she has some valid points. No surprise that the signers are turning on each other. Is it just me or does being popular matter more to the left than standing up for a principal?

They unleashed the mob and now they can't control it. Eventually the mob will run out of stream or enough people will stand up to it. Until then, a lot of people's lives are going to be ruined.
    But doesn't that point out some of the tribal insanity?

The problems we face in political discourse today are systemic. A group can write a letter to try to bring reason in, and one special interest, the transgender community, can suck all of the air out of the room and make it about themselves. Meanwhile, Rome burns.

They literally are calling for rationality from irrationality.

You know the saying, a woman scorned. All of the various flavors of rainbow people have been scorned, there is no surrender for them, and no rational discourse can be had. It doesn't seem the marxists of today are going to give an inch either. Like I originally posted, I wonder who the target audience is, liberals on CNN? The collective liberal groupthink? If it is these interest groups, it's a waste of bandwidth, because we don't print things nowadays.

They've always existed, but society did not give them a platform. And now they have one, and liberals must listen, their whole party is made up of interest groups, all having their own reality, their own definition of rational thought every liberal must adhere, or be cast out or cancelled. That is what I see happening today in this culture, ymmv.

I'm not sure this is going away any time soon. I guess things came out of Pandora's box, no putting them back in.

It would be like if the David Dukes rose up in the Republican party, bossing everyone around. I would call for forming a new party. Liberals should form a new party, or remove these marxists and cancellers.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
      The problems we face in political discourse today are systemic.
      Not really. They're born of the zeitgeist.

Comment

I agree that for the past few years we've been letting the tail wag the dog and the tail keeps getting smaller.
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment