Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Victory Prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    No, because for most right-wing conservatives, standards/values are only used to hold other people accountable to. "Diversity" only matters when the person in-question belongs to the out group.

Ditto morality, family values, fiscal policy, national security, character, responsibility, law and order, intelligence, health, integrity, honesty, etc ad nauseum.
    You're so precious.
    Someone's feeling convicted.

Comment

I'm a fan of "the best person for the job", regardless of diversity. Always have been. "the content of their character, not the color of their skin". Or any other "diversity".

I'm an Independent.
      Who among the 2000 candidates were you hoping would clinch the nomination?

Comment

Someone's feeling convicted.
        Well, you don't need to - we all love you and understand.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
          Who among the 2000 candidates were you hoping would clinch the nomination?
          Wow, I honestly don't remember who all ran... I do remember thinking Trump was a joke - that he would NEVER get the nomination.

But Ben Carson was my favorite.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, because for most right-wing conservatives, standards/values are only used to hold other people accountable to. "Diversity" only matters when the person in-question belongs to the out group.

Ditto morality, family values, fiscal policy, national security, character, responsibility, law and order, intelligence, health, integrity, honesty, etc ad nauseum.
            Just as Democrats can abuse the concept of diversity, the GOP doesn’t think it’s a consideration at all. Both are equally stupid. In the case of the GOP, it led to the defeat of Alan Keyes in favor of the rich white guy who invaded Iraq and did nothing to stop the 2008 crash.

Comment

Wow, I honestly don't remember who all ran... I do remember thinking Trump was a joke - that he would NEVER get the nomination.

How could you forget Alan Keyes from 2000? He was clearly the smartest of the bunch.

Comment

I was pretty much ABT

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

How could you forget Alan Keyes from 2000? He was clearly the smartest of the bunch.
                  I liked him a lot. I just liked him more as a radio commentator.

Comment

Just as Democrats can abuse the concept of diversity, the GOP doesn’t think it’s a consideration at all. Both are equally stupid.
                    Absolutely.

In the case of the GOP, it led to the defeat of Alan Keyes in favor of the rich white guy who invaded Iraq and did nothing to stop the 2008 crash.
                    Hmmm... Not to nitpick, but do you really think he was defeated because the Republicans didn't/don't value diversity?

In any case, thanks for reminding me of Keyes. Non-white-male Republicans don't get enough attention by "either" side.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      I was pretty much ABT
                      What’s ABT?

Comment

What’s ABT?
                        Anybody But Trump.

Comment

Absolutely.

Hmmm... Not to nitpick, but do you really think he was defeated because the Republicans didn't/don't value diversity?

In any case, thanks for reminding me of Keyes. Non-white-male Republicans don't get enough attention by "either" side.
                          I think racism was an element, but you’re right it was mainly because GWB was a safe pick. However, that didn’t stop the dems from choosing Obama over Clinton, the other “safe” candidate. Credit the dems in that case for taking a gamble on the least likely candidate who clearly had more character than Billary.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            I was pretty much ABT
                            I think we’re confusing 2016 with 2000. Keyes ran in 2000.

Comment

Actually, wasn't it 1996, 2000, and 2008?

Comment

Um... noooo

ABT = Anybody But Trump

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment