Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Victory Prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    At the head of Mr. Northops prediction he cautions, 'considering the coronavirus I may have to revise my prediction, especially if the Presidents support begins to crack. Well, his support has definitely begun to crack. Besides that, I do believe this upcoming election will differ than past elections in that it won't be "about the economy stupid" which itself will be terrible, but it will more likely be a referendum on Trumps character, his authoritarian nature, his lack of respect for the law and the Constitution, his corruption, his lack of leadership qualities, and though questionable to some, not to me, his treason. I don't think he has a snowballs chance in hell to win the election legitimately, but I'm sure he will do everything in his power to win it illigitimately and may even claim the loss to be due to election rigging and refuse to leave,
    The Republicans tried to make the Clintons reelection campaign about his character and that failed. Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
      "I'm here all week, folks"

I would change that to "delivering comedy from leftist craziness for over thirty years!"

When I run out of things to say or forget what we were talking about, I do like Joe does and give my remaining time to other posters.
      Glad you're here.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
        The Republicans tried to make the Clintons reelection campaign about his character and that failed. Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it.
        Republicans may have tried that, but democrats don't even have to try.

Comment

Republicans may have tried that, but democrats don't even have to try.
          Republicans will have to try to overcome Trump's character, but the Democrats haven't offered much in the way of improvement.
          It does amazes me, however, that for all their hoopin and hollerin about 'diversity', they have an old straight white guy as their candidate.

Joe seems to be doing his best, however, to scramble to the extreme left as quickly as he can shuffle.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Republicans will have to try to overcome Trump's character, but the Democrats haven't offered much in the way of improvement.
            Well, that's a matter of opinion, I'm pretty sure you'd be saying the same no matter who the demcratic candidate was.

It does amazes me, however, that for all their hoopin and hollerin about 'diversity', they have an old straight white guy as their candidate.
            Perhaps they're not hoopin and hollerin as much as you think they are, Biden won the nomination after all. Diversity isn't so much of a problem in the democrat party, perhaps the hoopin and hoolerin you're hearing about the lack of diversity in the republican party.
            Joe seems to be doing his best, however, to scramble to the extreme left as quickly as he can shuffle.
            That's a good thing. You know that politicians will only go so far as their constituency wants them to go. Biden is getting the message.
            Last edited by JimL; 07-10-2020, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Well, that's a matter of opinion, I'm pretty sure you'd be saying the same no matter who the demcratic candidate was.
              Ya know, Jim, no matter how civil I am to you, you always seem to manage to toss in these.... um... whatever you want to call them.

No, If they had a decent candidate - somebody with actual "God and Country" values like the old Democrats - I'd probably vote for them. But those Democrats don't seem to exist anymore.

Perhaps they're not hoopin and hollerin as much as you think they are, Biden won the nomination after all.
              That's the point --- Democrats pretend to be all about diversity, yet look what they picked.

Diversity isn't so much of a problem in the democrat party, perhaps the hoopin and hoolerin you're hearing about the lack of diversity in the republican party.
              You've totally missed it. If you could possibly turn down the attitude a minute - I'm talking about the Democrats PROMOTING diversity, like it's the greatest thing in all the world, then running an old straight white guy instead of somebody "diverse".

Jim - you claim you want civil discourse, but you seem absolutely incapable of engaging in it. DivineOB has taught me one thing --- you're not NEARLY as nutty or "out there" as he is.

Yeah, that's what I said.

Comment

That's a good thing. You know that politicians will only go so far as their constituency wants them to go. Biden is getting the message.
                Ah, so how far left do you think he should go? How bout "the Breathe act". You think he should support that, along with some of the other truly nutty leftist ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                  Well... it "failed" in the sense that by itself, it didn't prevent Clinton's re-election.

The situation with Trump today is significantly different. Whatever flaws #42 had, they pale in comparison to the flaws of #45 - both in quality and quantity. And the plain fact is that the country has so many problems today that there's plenty of stuff to complain about beyond presidential personality flaws. You can look to Democrat/Biden advertising to see that the platform isn't focusing on Trump's character as much as they're focusing on the actual problems that need to be addressed. I don't think there's any need to worry about avoiding past mistakes here in this election.

In my humble opinion.

Comment

Ya know, Jim, no matter how civil I am to you, you always seem to manage to toss in these.... um... whatever you want to call them.
                    Aha, I think I see the problem, you seem to detect incivility where there is none. That was simply my honest opinion, and by the looks of your answer below it was simply a correct opinion.
                    No, If they had a decent candidate - somebody with actual "God and Country" values like the old Democrats - I'd probably vote for them. But those Democrats don't seem to exist anymore.
                    So you think Trump is a God and Country president and Biden is what, an athiest and traitor?

That's the point --- Democrats pretend to be all about diversity, yet look what they picked.
                    There is no problem with diversity in the democrat party, CP, that's only a problem in the republican party. We actually elected the first black president, remember. But that doesn't mean that old white men are out of the mix. It is because of support from the black constituency in S. Carolina that Biden is the nominee.

You've totally missed it. If you could possibly turn down the attitude a minute
                    -
                    No attitude here, CP.
                    I'm talking about the Democrats PROMOTING diversity, like it's the greatest thing in all the world, then running an old straight white guy instead of somebody "diverse".
                    Not sure what your problem is with diversity, or promoting diversity, but promoting diversity doesn't rule out old white guys. The one thing has nothing to do with the other.
                    Jim - you claim you want civil discourse, but you seem absolutely incapable of engaging in it. DivineOB has taught me one thing --- you're not NEARLY as nutty or "out there" as he is.
                    Yes, I think I see the problem now, you see incivility even when it isn't there. Perhaps I sometimes do the same, I don't know, but the above post surely wasn't uncivil. I didn't even insinuate you to be nutty.

Yeah, that's what I said.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Ah, so how far left do you think he should go? How bout "the Breathe act". You think he should support that, along with some of the other truly nutty leftist ideas?
                      Actually I hadn't even heard of "the breathe act" but yes, of course I support that. I think you already know that I support reforming the Police, and reallocating funds. And no, that doesn't mean abolishing law enforcement.

Comment

Shouldn’t you be equally concerned that the GOP always selects white guys for presidential candidates? Republicans had the perfect opportunity to get behind Alan Keyes in 2000, a died-in-the-wool black conservative who absolutely trounced his opponents in the Republican debates. Yet the GOP rallied behind the rich caucasian idiot.

Comment

Aha, I think I see the problem, you seem to detect incivility where there is none. That was simply my honest opinion, and by the looks of your answer below it was simply a correct opinion.
                          I think you have quote tags mixed up, cause when I try to reply, everything is jumbled. Lemme address this part first. It REALLY gets old when you ASSUME or PROJECT onto me positions or beliefs or thoughts I do not hold. Example - your statement that...
                          I'm pretty sure you'd be saying the same no matter who the demcratic candidate was.

That's totally unnecessary and untrue. You seem hard coded to respond like this -- like it's a little smart alec comment instead of a question or an actual response. And you persist --- "by the looks of your answer below it was simply a correct opinion".

No, it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                            ShouldnÂ’t you be equally concerned that the GOP always selects white guys for presidential candidates?
                            I'm a fan of "the best person for the job", regardless of diversity. Always have been. "the content of their character, not the color of their skin". Or any other "diversity".

Republicans had the perfect opportunity to get behind Alan Keyes in 2000, a died-in-the-wool black conservative who absolutely trounced his opponents in the Republican debates. Yet the GOP rallied behind the rich caucasian idiot.
                            I'm an Independent.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                              Shouldn’t you be equally concerned that the GOP always selects white guys for presidential candidates?
                              No, because for most right-wing conservatives, standards/values are only used to hold other people accountable to. "Diversity" only matters when the person in-question belongs to the out group.

Ditto morality, family values, fiscal policy, national security, character, responsibility, law and order, intelligence, health, integrity, honesty, etc ad nauseum.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                                No, because for most right-wing conservatives, standards/values are only used to hold other people accountable to. "Diversity" only matters when the person in-question belongs to the out group.

Ditto morality, family values, fiscal policy, national security, character, responsibility, integrity, etc ad nauseum.
                                You're so precious.

Comment