Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Trump Victory Prediction

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Actually, wasn't it 1996, 2000, and 2008?
    Youíre right. I only remember him from the 2000 debates. I donít believe he was allowed to debate in 1996 and 2008.

2. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    Well... it "failed" in the sense that by itself, it didn't prevent Clinton's re-election.

The situation with Trump today is significantly different. Whatever flaws #42 had, they pale in comparison to the flaws of #45 - both in quality and quantity. And the plain fact is that the country has so many problems today that there's plenty of stuff to complain about beyond presidential personality flaws. You can look to Democrat/Biden advertising to see that the platform isn't focusing on Trump's character as much as they're focusing on the actual problems that need to be addressed. I don't think there's any need to worry about avoiding past mistakes here in this election.

In my humble opinion.
    Your argument is sound. For me, that election is the milestone to mark the start of when character no longer matter in the President. To me, Clinton's reelection is a small part of the many, many reasons Trump could get elected. Clinton's character didn't matter so Trump's character doesn't matter either.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Um... noooo

ABT = Anybody But Trump
    Um...yes. If you were ABT, then you werenít referring to 2000. The subject was GWB being chosen over Keyes in 2000.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    Um...yes. If you were ABT, then you werenít referring to 2000. The subject was GWB being chosen over Keyes in 2000.
    Oops. My bad. I misread it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

6. Amen whag amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Lutheran (LCC)
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    Interestingly, Trump DID briefly run for President in 2000, although not for the Republicans:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...ntial_campaign
    "It is better to think of church in the ale-house than to think of the ale-house in church." - Martin Luther