Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Victory Prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Actually, wasn't it 1996, 2000, and 2008?
    You’re right. I only remember him from the 2000 debates. I don’t believe he was allowed to debate in 1996 and 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      Well... it "failed" in the sense that by itself, it didn't prevent Clinton's re-election.

The situation with Trump today is significantly different. Whatever flaws #42 had, they pale in comparison to the flaws of #45 - both in quality and quantity. And the plain fact is that the country has so many problems today that there's plenty of stuff to complain about beyond presidential personality flaws. You can look to Democrat/Biden advertising to see that the platform isn't focusing on Trump's character as much as they're focusing on the actual problems that need to be addressed. I don't think there's any need to worry about avoiding past mistakes here in this election.

In my humble opinion.
      Your argument is sound. For me, that election is the milestone to mark the start of when character no longer matter in the President. To me, Clinton's reelection is a small part of the many, many reasons Trump could get elected. Clinton's character didn't matter so Trump's character doesn't matter either.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Um... noooo

ABT = Anybody But Trump
        Um...yes. If you were ABT, then you weren’t referring to 2000. The subject was GWB being chosen over Keyes in 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
          Um...yes. If you were ABT, then you weren’t referring to 2000. The subject was GWB being chosen over Keyes in 2000.
          Oops. My bad. I misread it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
            Interestingly, Trump DID briefly run for President in 2000, although not for the Republicans:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...ntial_campaign
            "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
            "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment