Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Interrupting Whiteness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interrupting Whiteness...

How is this not racist?

Last month, the City of Seattle’s Office of Civil Rights sent an email inviting “white City employees” to attend a training session on “Interrupting Internalized Racial Superiority and Whiteness,” a program designed to help white workers examine their “complicity in the system of white supremacy” and “interrupt racism in ways that are accountable to Black, Indigenous and People of Color.” Hoping to learn more, I submitted a public records request for all documentation related to the training. The results are disturbing.

At the beginning of the session, the trainers explain that white people have internalized a sense of racial superiority, which has made them unable to access their “humanity” and caused “harm and violence” to people of color. The trainers claim that “individualism,” “perfectionism,” “intellectualization,” and “objectivity” are all vestiges of this internalized racial oppression and must be abandoned in favor of social-justice principles. In conceptual terms, the city frames the discussion around the idea that black Americans are reducible to the essential quality of “blackness” and white Americans are reducible to the essential quality of “whiteness”—that is, the new metaphysics of good and evil.

Once the diversity trainers have established this basic conceptual framework, they encourage white employees to “practice self-talk that affirms [their] complicity in racism” and work on “undoing [their] own whiteness.” As part of this process, white employees must abandon their “white normative behavior” and learn to let go of their “comfort,” “physical safety,” “social status,” and “relationships with some other white people.” As writer James Lindsay has pointed out, this is not the language of human resources; it is the language of cult programming—persuading members they are defective in some predefined manner, exploiting their emotional vulnerabilities, and isolating them from previous relationships.

https://www.city-journal.org/seattle...eness-training

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...whiteness.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

racist.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]46488[/ATTACH]
      Says it all...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        How is this not racist?
        So what happens if you refuse the invite?

And being that things are getting so freaking weird lately, I wonder if this somehow correlates with California repealing proposition 209.

Comment

How is this not racist?
          You bring up a good point for me. What is more concerning, it's naked racism or it's insane cult indoctrination?

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
            You bring up a good point for me. What is more concerning, it's naked racism or it's insane cult indoctrination?
            Or both...

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
              So what happens if you refuse the invite?

And being that things are getting so freaking weird lately, I wonder if this somehow correlates with California repealing proposition 209.
              Of course...

Comment

Or both...
                I can't choose either.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
                  The latter scares me more, personally. All of the hysteria over race issues(and other issues on the left) is extremely religious with none of the nuance that I would expect of any established church. I value truth more than anything else, and forcing people to lie about their beliefs to hold a job or keep their family safe is the worst possible outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by LeaC View Post
                    The latter scares me more, personally. All of the hysteria over race issues(and other issues on the left) is extremely religious with none of the nuance that I would expect of any established church. I value truth more than anything else, and forcing people to lie about their beliefs to hold a job or keep their family safe is the worst possible outcome.
                    It's a religion of lies basically. The left loves to tout science and fact, yet in almost every aspect of intersectionality it's based on pure lies, even lies against actual statistics. What mystifies me about it the most is why there are some claiming to be Christian falling for it. That's what I don't get.

Comment

How is this not racist?
                      Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much.
                        Really Jim, just replace the words with black and blackness and see how it sounds.

Comment

Really Jim, just replace the words with black and blackness and see how it sounds.
                          But then it wouldn't make sense though, would it seer?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            But then it wouldn't make sense though, would it seer?
                            It is racist either way...What does the color of my skin have to do with whether I'm racist or not?

Comment

It is racist either way...What does the color of my skin have to do with whether I'm racist or not?
                              It doesn't, everyone has prejudice, but have white people in this country been oppressed and discriminated against for century's?

Comment