Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: If/when Biden is elected...

  1. #1
    tWebber Whateverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,342
    Amen (Given)
    327
    Amen (Received)
    264

    If/when Biden is elected...

    ... he's going to do a poor job.

    I say this because of the challenges this country currently faces. No president is going to be able to emerge with popular support from one or two terms of having to deal with the pandemic, crushing economic forced, racial injustice/protests, and a virtually-deleted international reputation/credibility.

    If Trump wants to avoid getting lynched, he'll lose this next election and quietly sink back into whatever obscurity he can muster (yes, I know that's against his character). Biden is going to be pummeled because of the pile of crap left-behind by #45.

    And here, I'm not even counting the rank partisanship which is (dare I say) the real problem. Some Republicans are going to hate Biden no matter what he does, just as some Democrats hate Trump - but that's going to pale in comparison to the controversy Biden will face just working to get this country out from behind the eight-ball. I suspect that Biden will only last a single term (having nothing to do with the hysterical health/cognitive alarmism coming from the right side of the fence).

  2. #2
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66,544
    Amen (Given)
    14474
    Amen (Received)
    29437
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    ... he's going to do a poor job.
    What "good job" has he done in the 157 years he's been in DC?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  3. #3
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    62,218
    Amen (Given)
    1250
    Amen (Received)
    22381
    Which Biden? (at one point he told folks they could vote for the "other Biden")

    Elected to what? (at one point he told folks that he's running for Senate)

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  4. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
  5. #4
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66,544
    Amen (Given)
    14474
    Amen (Received)
    29437
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Which Biden? (at one point he told folks they could vote for the "other Biden")

    Elected to what? (at one point he told folks that he's running for Senate)
    Ask his wife. Or.... is that his sister?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  6. #5
    God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,873
    Amen (Given)
    8299
    Amen (Received)
    8871
    Quote Originally Posted by whateverman View Post
    orange man bad!!!!!
    fify


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  7. #6
    tWebber Whateverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,342
    Amen (Given)
    327
    Amen (Received)
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    fify
    If you'd read the OP, you wouldn't have typed that.

    Please, if you're not going to discuss the thread's topic, instead of trying to disrupt it - just go away. All of you.

    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Whateverman; 07-10-2020 at 11:06 AM.

  8. #7
    God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,873
    Amen (Given)
    8299
    Amen (Received)
    8871
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    If you'd read the OP, you wouldn't have typed that.

    Please, if you're not going to discuss the thread's topic, instead of trying to disrupt it - just go away.

    Thanks in advance.
    Sure I would have. Your OP is a veiled slam on Trump, merely sidestepping the typical "orange man bad" by saying Biden is the subject of it. But when you say things like "because of the pile of crap left-behind by #45.", your veneer fades away. The whole OP can be summed up as "Biden has too big of a hill to climb because "orange man bad".


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  9. Amen Cow Poke, RumTumTugger, mossrose amen'd this post.
  10. #8
    tWebber Whateverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,342
    Amen (Given)
    327
    Amen (Received)
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Sure I would have. Your OP is a veiled slam on Trump
    Trump isn't the subject of the thread, implicitly or explicitly.

    Joe Biden is.

    If you can't take the time to bother reading what was written, don't waste other people's time.

  11. #9
    God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,873
    Amen (Given)
    8299
    Amen (Received)
    8871
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    Trump isn't the subject of the thread, implicitly or explicitly.

    Joe Biden is.

    If you can't take the time to bother reading what was written, don't waste other people's time.
    So, you mention Trump twice by name, and once by his President number, and it isn't about him...

    Kevin_lol.gif


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  12. #10
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66,544
    Amen (Given)
    14474
    Amen (Received)
    29437
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    Trump isn't the subject of the thread, implicitly or explicitly.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    If Trump wants to avoid getting lynched... ...the pile of crap left-behind by #45.... just as some Democrats hate Trump -...
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 07-10-2020 at 11:20 AM.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •