Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Donald Trump just decided he cares more about keeping Roger Stone quiet than winning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have a problem with putting PR as far left

but you immediately hand wave anything and everything to the right of Lenin as "RWNJs"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      As the late Paul Harvey used to say, "And now, the rest of the story..."

Mr. Stone was charged by the same prosecutors from the Mueller Investigation tasked with finding evidence of collusion with Russia. Because no such evidence exists, however, they could not charge him for any collusion-related crime. Instead, they charged him for his conduct during their investigation. The simple fact is that if the Special Counsel had not been pursuing an absolutely baseless investigation, Mr. Stone would not be facing time in prison.

In addition to charging Mr. Stone with alleged crimes arising solely from their own improper investigation, the Mueller prosecutors also took pains to make a public and shameful spectacle of his arrest. Mr. Stone is a 67-year-old man, with numerous medical conditions, who had never been convicted of another crime. But rather than allow him to surrender himself, they used dozens of FBI agents with automatic weapons and tactical equipment, armored vehicles, and an amphibious unit to execute a pre-dawn raid of his home, where he was with his wife of many years. Notably, CNN cameras were present to broadcast these events live to the world, even though they swore they were not notified—it was just a coincidence that they were there together with the FBI early in the morning.

Not only was Mr. Stone charged by overzealous prosecutors pursing a case that never should have existed, and arrested in an operation that never should have been approved, but there were also serious questions about the jury in the case. The forewoman of his jury, for example, concealed the fact that she is a member of the so-called liberal “resistance” to the Trump Presidency. In now-deleted tweets, this activist-juror vividly and openly attacked President Trump and his supporters.

[...]

...in light of the egregious facts and circumstances surrounding his unfair prosecution, arrest, and trial, the President has determined to commute his sentence. Roger Stone has already suffered greatly. He was treated very unfairly, as were many others in this case. Roger Stone is now a free man!

https://publicpool.kinja.com/subject...g-e-1844343844

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46499[/ATTACH]
      So crimes committed during the course of an investigation aren’t really crimes if the investigation fails to prosecute?

Comment

Good for Trump!
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Good for Trump!
          And somehow Trump supporters will still believe Trump is the law and order president......

Comment

Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
            I too saw that not even conservative outhouse could find a good way to spin this.
            Did you even look at the link, dumbass? I wasn't quoting Conservative Treehouse.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
              So crimes committed during the course of an investigation aren’t really crimes if the investigation fails to prosecute?
              Process crimes are what vindictive prosecutors resort to when a witness doesn't tell them what they want to hear (even if what they want to hear isn't the truth), and Dirty Cop Mueller is just about as vindictive as they come.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                Good for Trump!
                It may be good for Trump but not for your country or the rule of law. It's interesting how conservatives so called principles are dependent upon their politics rather than their politics being based upon their principles.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Process crimes are what vindictive prosecutors resort to when a witness doesn't tell them what they want to hear (even if what they want to hear isn't the truth), and Dirty Cop Mueller is just about as vindictive as they come.
                  Wrong bonehead, process crimes are what prosecutors charge defendents with for obstructing justice. As R. Stone said 'I could have turned on Trump, it would have eased my situation greatly, but I didn't.' And because he lied about his own corrupt activity in endeavoring to undermine U.S. elections and covering for Trump, Trump commuted his sentence. You all have shown yourselves to be politically unprincipled even at the expense of your country and democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Ain't it funny how the pinko commies think themselves to be American patriots?
                    Jim, you're back to saying stupid stuff! That literally makes no sense at all. All it does is show what a dummy you can be.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                      And somehow Trump supporters will still believe Trump is the law and order president......
                      It's a mixed bag - he's most certainly for law and order for the country, but he looks after himself in ways I'm not at all comfortable.

We've actually got extreme left wing nutters here who defend anarchists as "statue topplers".
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        It's a mixed bag - he's most certainly for law and order for the country, but he looks after himself in ways I'm not at all comfortable.
                        Might I ask exactly what it is that you are not at all comfortable with?
                        We've actually got extreme left wing nutters here who defend anarchists as "statue topplers".
                        Do you have specific quotes of anyone here supporting anarchists defending statue topplers?

Comment

Jim, you're back to saying stupid stuff! That literally makes no sense at all. All it does is show what a dummy you can be.
                          It doesn't make sense to Trump supporters.

Comment

Trump's actions here are perfectly legal and something many past presidents have done, including Saint Obama. I don't really have a problem with this considering just how corrupt the Mueller investigation was. I suppose you could argue that commuting Stone's sentence is the lesser of two evils. In this case significantly the less.

Another way to look at it, Stone is simply getting the Andrew McCabe treatment. McCabe leaked information to the media and repeatedly lied under oath about it, and yet he remains a free man, so why shouldn't Roger Stone get the same deal?

Comment

It doesn't make sense to Trump supporters.
                              Stop Saying Stupid Stuff.gif

Comment

It may be good for Trump but not for your country or the rule of law. It's interesting how conservatives so called principles are dependent upon their politics rather than their politics being based upon their principles.
                                I would change this to "right-wing" conservatives, but otherwise, you nailed it.

ps. normal conservatives are an endangered species, though...

Comment