Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Donald Trump just decided he cares more about keeping Roger Stone quiet than winning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Trump just decided he cares more about keeping Roger Stone quiet than winning

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysi...lection/30448/

Earlier this evening, Roger Stone strongly hinted to NBC News that he had criminal dirt on Donald Trump, and that he wanted his prison sentence commuted in exchange for keeping quiet about it. Just now, Trump went ahead and commuted Stone’s sentence in response.

As Palmer Report explained earlier today, and as we’ve pointed out several times during the course of the Roger Stone prosecution and trial, this move hurts Donald Trump politically – and not just a little bit. Voters in the middle have spent three and a half years hearing the Resistance say that Trump is a criminal, and hearing Trump supporters say that it’s all a conspiracy against Trump. They’ve never been entirely sure which side to believe. But Trump just made it very easy for the people in the middle to see that he is indeed a criminal. After all, he just commuted the prison sentence of his own henchman, who was convicted by a jury on seven felony counts.

Just imagine the TV ads that the Biden campaign, and that anti-Trump groups, are cooking up right now about the Stone scandal. Donald Trump probably just knocked another three points off his approval rating. So why did Trump do this? He clearly cares more about keeping Roger Stone quiet than he does about winning the election.

It will be nice to never have to listen to another Republican claim to support law and order, though. Thanks Trump!

horns.jpg
    Last edited by DivineOb; 07-10-2020, 08:21 PM.

As the late Paul Harvey used to say, "And now, the rest of the story..."

Mr. Stone was charged by the same prosecutors from the Mueller Investigation tasked with finding evidence of collusion with Russia. Because no such evidence exists, however, they could not charge him for any collusion-related crime. Instead, they charged him for his conduct during their investigation. The simple fact is that if the Special Counsel had not been pursuing an absolutely baseless investigation, Mr. Stone would not be facing time in prison.

In addition to charging Mr. Stone with alleged crimes arising solely from their own improper investigation, the Mueller prosecutors also took pains to make a public and shameful spectacle of his arrest. Mr. Stone is a 67-year-old man, with numerous medical conditions, who had never been convicted of another crime. But rather than allow him to surrender himself, they used dozens of FBI agents with automatic weapons and tactical equipment, armored vehicles, and an amphibious unit to execute a pre-dawn raid of his home, where he was with his wife of many years. Notably, CNN cameras were present to broadcast these events live to the world, even though they swore they were not notified—it was just a coincidence that they were there together with the FBI early in the morning.

Not only was Mr. Stone charged by overzealous prosecutors pursing a case that never should have existed, and arrested in an operation that never should have been approved, but there were also serious questions about the jury in the case. The forewoman of his jury, for example, concealed the fact that she is a member of the so-called liberal “resistance” to the Trump Presidency. In now-deleted tweets, this activist-juror vividly and openly attacked President Trump and his supporters.

[...]

...in light of the egregious facts and circumstances surrounding his unfair prosecution, arrest, and trial, the President has determined to commute his sentence. Roger Stone has already suffered greatly. He was treated very unfairly, as were many others in this case. Roger Stone is now a free man!

https://publicpool.kinja.com/subject...g-e-1844343844

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      It will be nice to never have to listen to another Republican claim to support law and order, though.
      Or honesty in a president, or fiscal responsibility, or national security, or the military, or public health / safety - or any number of things they used to lie about supporting in the past.

ps. to be fair, Republicans don't exist any more, so it's unfair holding members of the so-called GOP to Republican standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        As the late Paul Harvey used to say, "And now, the rest of the story..."

Mr. Stone was charged by the same prosecutors from the Mueller Investigation tasked with finding evidence of collusion with Russia. Because no such evidence exists, however, they could not charge him for any collusion-related crime. Instead, they charged him for his conduct during their investigation. The simple fact is that if the Special Counsel had not been pursuing an absolutely baseless investigation, Mr. Stone would not be facing time in prison.

In addition to charging Mr. Stone with alleged crimes arising solely from their own improper investigation, the Mueller prosecutors also took pains to make a public and shameful spectacle of his arrest. Mr. Stone is a 67-year-old man, with numerous medical conditions, who had never been convicted of another crime. But rather than allow him to surrender himself, they used dozens of FBI agents with automatic weapons and tactical equipment, armored vehicles, and an amphibious unit to execute a pre-dawn raid of his home, where he was with his wife of many years. Notably, CNN cameras were present to broadcast these events live to the world, even though they swore they were not notified—it was just a coincidence that they were there together with the FBI early in the morning.

Not only was Mr. Stone charged by overzealous prosecutors pursing a case that never should have existed, and arrested in an operation that never should have been approved, but there were also serious questions about the jury in the case. The forewoman of his jury, for example, concealed the fact that she is a member of the so-called liberal “resistance” to the Trump Presidency. In now-deleted tweets, this activist-juror vividly and openly attacked President Trump and his supporters.

[...]

...in light of the egregious facts and circumstances surrounding his unfair prosecution, arrest, and trial, the President has determined to commute his sentence. Roger Stone has already suffered greatly. He was treated very unfairly, as were many others in this case. Roger Stone is now a free man!

https://publicpool.kinja.com/subject...g-e-1844343844

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46499[/ATTACH]
        I too saw that not even conservative outhouse could find a good way to spin this.

hate.JPG

Comment

Earlier this evening, Roger Stone strongly hinted to NBC News that he had criminal dirt on Donald Trump, and that he wanted his prison sentence commuted in exchange for keeping quiet about it.
          So we now just post threads from a blog site I've never even heard of before about any wild assertion they want to make with nothing at all to back it up? It would have been nice for the author of that article to provide some quote... a video clip... maybe a transcript excerpt... something? I mean if you're going to troll, at least make it somewhat legit.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
            So we now just post threads from a blog site I've never even heard of before about any wild assertion they want to make with nothing at all to back it up? It would have been nice for the author of that article to provide some quote... a video clip... maybe a transcript excerpt... something? I mean if you're going to troll, at least make it somewhat legit.
            Aw, come on, what's the fun in that?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
              Palmer Report is hardly a no name site. But to your question here's the Stone quote in question.

“He knows I was under enormous pressure to turn on him. It would have eased my situation considerably. But I didn’t.”

peng.jpg

Comment

Palmer Report is hardly a no name site.
                It's a pinko commie left wing site.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  ...Palmer previously ran a site called Daily News Bin, described by Snopes editor Brooke Binkowski as "basically a pro-Hillary Clinton 'news site....

If the leftist SNOPES says that....

Oh, and THIS part.... "The site has been criticized for building a large following based on "wildly speculative theories about Donald Trump.

No wonder you like it!

Comment

...Palmer previously ran a site called Daily News Bin, described by Snopes editor Brooke Binkowski as "basically a pro-Hillary Clinton 'news site....

If the leftist SNOPES says that....

Oh, and THIS part.... "The site has been criticized for building a large following based on "wildly speculative theories about Donald Trump.

No wonder you like it!
                    You didn't link your source so I could investigate those claims. I read nearly every article they publish and from my memory they have been close to 100% correct (I can't think of anything substantive they got wrong but it's possible I'm mistaken). I only started reading Palmer Report a year ago so I can't speak to things from before that time.

I am very particular in which sources I put trust into and do my best to always follow up on significant claims that they make. Doubly so if they routinely report things which confirm my existing biases. So please, point me to any stories over the past 12 months which they significantly botched so I can adjust my trust in them accordingly.

Feel free to read Palmer's significant number of articles about the Democratic primary and how things would turn around for Biden after SC. Palmer put an awful lot on the line there when everyone else was already digging Biden's grave.

Comment

You didn't link your source so I could investigate those claims.
                      You could always ask! Here's another link showing the reliability and bias....

The following are Palmer Report’s overall bias and reliability scores according to our Ad Fontes Media ratings methodology.

Reliability: 17.66 (Reliability scores for articles and shows are on a scale of 0-64. Scores above 24 are generally acceptable; scores above 32 are generally good)

Bias: -29.37 (Bias scores for articles and shows are on a scale of -42 to + 42, with higher negative scores being more left, higher positive scores being more right, and scores closer to zero being the most neutral and/or balanced.)

I could tell by the 'headline' this was a pinko commie liberal leftist trash site. Good job!

Comment

Palmer is the guy who went viral a couple weeks ago for saying that conservatives should be put into re-education camps before rejoining society.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

It's Roger Stones own words. He could have told the truth about Trump, it would have eased his situation considerably, but he didn't.

Comment

The following are Palmer Report’s overall bias and reliability scores according to our Ad Fontes Media ratings methodology.

Reliability: 17.66 (Reliability scores for articles and shows are on a scale of 0-64. Scores above 24 are generally acceptable; scores above 32 are generally good)

Bias: -29.37 (Bias scores for articles and shows are on a scale of -42 to + 42, with higher negative scores being more left, higher positive scores being more right, and scores closer to zero being the most neutral and/or balanced.)

I could tell by the 'headline' this was a pinko commie liberal leftist trash site. Good job!
                            Ain't it funny how the pinko commies think themselves to be American patriots?

Comment

This is going to sound bogus but I really have to wonder about the methodology that site uses. Hear me out please.

I don't have a problem with putting PR as far left. *I've* said that multiple times. My main questions about their reliability scoring (though putting Breitbart as less conservative than FNC (broadcast) is a head scratcher).

Here you can see their "overall" scoring for all the rated media sources. They have Huffington Post as "Most Reliable for News" and more reliable than CNN (broadcast), MSNBC, and Fox? OAN more reliable than Fox?

I'm actually curious about this site so I'm going to read the full white paper about their methodology. If you want to pick out one or two articles from that link which you think show PR's unreliability I'd be happy to do a deeper dive into them (though those articles all predate when I started to read PR ~end of June 2019).

Comment