Thread: Anyone know what happened to Preterist Archive?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Anyone know what happened to Preterist Archive?

I didn't visit the site often, but occasionally found useful information on it (some of the stuff on the site was actually not particularly related to preterism at all), and I'm just wondering what happened to it. If you go to any page on the site now it just says "Closed." This appears to be a recent development--the site seems to have been up as recently as the middle of May based on archive.org, and you'll see that the main page has mentions of updates on May 5. So the site was being attended to and updated, then suddenly went offline soon afterwards.

It's not just the site either; in the archives of the site I see it had a Facebook page and a Twitter, which are gone also. Now, it's possible those were down earlier and the website just hadn't removed links to it--I can't tell when they were taken down. But it's weird that it seems the site just suddenly disappeared along with everything related to it. Furthermore it means you can't try to go over there to see if any kind of announcement was made.

I wasn't really sure where to ask, but I figured maybe there were people here who know more about the site than I do and have any idea what in the world happened.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think I had gone to that website briefly this year.

The youtube channel notes that it was recently that everything disappeared.

Someone refers to his name as Todd Dennis. From what I remember, he had come to reject the preterist view and changed to
    a historist view, if memory serves. He kept the preterist archive site going because of its popularity or usefulness.

3. Amen eschaton amen'd this post.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I visit it only occasionally, and hadn't realized it disappeared.

I did find his timeline preserved in http://prophecyhistory.com/node/328.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    I think I had gone to that website briefly this year.

The youtube channel notes that it was recently that everything disappeared.

Someone refers to his name as Todd Dennis. From what I remember, he had come to reject the preterist view and changed to
    a historist view, if memory serves. He kept the preterist archive site going because of its popularity or usefulness.
    Yes, the vanishing of everything on the YouTube channel is an obvious indication that it wasn't simply the site going into disuse or something; this was a deliberate removal of material. But what confuses me is the suddenness. As noted, the site was still being updated in May, and then suddenly it vanishes within the month with most everything else related to it being erased. Even if he had concluded that Preterism was wrong, it's odd to not leave an explanation.

Though I'm not sure about the switching to historicism claim; I tried searching for that in regards to Todd Dennis and didn't find it. I did find that he was a full preterist in the past and changed to partial preterism, but that's it. Do you remember where you read that?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    Yes, the vanishing of everything on the YouTube channel is an obvious indication that it wasn't simply the site going into disuse or something; this was a deliberate removal of material. But what confuses me is the suddenness. As noted, the site was still being updated in May, and then suddenly it vanishes within the month with most everything else related to it being erased. Even if he had concluded that Preterism was wrong, it's odd to not leave an explanation.

Though I'm not sure about the switching to historicism claim; I tried searching for that in regards to Todd Dennis and didn't find it. I did find that he was a full preterist in the past and changed to partial preterism, but that's it. Do you remember where you read that?
    I think F.F. Bruce was a historicist. Check him on Wikipedia. That might be where the historicist claim comes from.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post

I need a little correction here. I think he came to an idealist eschatology (Idealist Preterism?). I don't have any strong memory what this view is. I think I heard this from him in a Paltalk room. I was in the room because I was interested in some views on the kingdom of God -- which I didn't really got to hear much about.

God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It got raptured?

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

10. Amen eschaton amen'd this post.