Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Conservative values/principles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It doe?

Jim, once again, there's FAR more evidence on this board that you support NAMBLA than that I support Trump.
    Not even close, CP.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Not even close, CP.
      Jim, you really need to stop derailing threads like this, constantly repeating your little idiot rant accusing people of "support for a lawless treasonous president".
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Jim, you really need to stop derailing threads like this, constantly repeating your little idiot rant accusing people of "support for a lawless treasonous president".
        If you're going to falsely accuse liberals of supporting rioting, burning, toppling of statues etc. etc. then don't cry when you get accused of the evil we liberals see in conservative Trump supporters like yourself.

Comment

If you're going to falsely accuse liberals of supporting rioting, burning, toppling of statues etc. etc. then don't cry when you get accused of the evil we liberals see in conservative Trump supporters like yourself.
          I don't cry, JimmySue -- I rejoice when the evil ones attack.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That argument's already been tried. (JimL thought it was brilliant) They didn't steal the tea, burn the ships, and haul the tea home. Not even close.
            Actually - they DID steal the tea - and destroyed it (which is what burning does to property as well). I have no idea if some of them took a little tea home. It's certainly possible. And all I did was cite two examples (and I notice you ignored the statue toppling example). BTW, the vast majority of protesters also did not steal, burn, or riot. They protested peacefully - if angrily. And most of them explicitly decried the violence and encouraged the attendees to keep things peaceful. That was pretty widely reported, and I witnessed it at the gatherings I attended. Indeed, I was impressed with the number of people peacefully demonstrating and wearing masks and maintaining 6 feet of separation. Unfortunately, the emphasis went on the bad apples - it's a better story, and it aligns with what so many on the right want to believe is true.

I'll have to take your word for it - I wasn't there.
            Most history books have been sanitized of the "dark side" of the revolution. The British are described as evil and looters, and the American soldiers the patriotic, valiant, fighters against oppression. Nothing is ever quite that black and white. There are several history books that do not have that sanitized relating.

Ya know, that sentiment sounds noble, but it amounts to pretty much tacit approval and dismissal.
            No - it doesn't. Understanding how a thing came to be is not the same as approving of it. You should know better, CP.

BTW, I have the same feeling about the tea party. I understand what motivated them to take that action - but at the end of the day they took property that wasn't theirs and destroyed it. That is not an action I condone unless it is in defense of self or defense of others at imminent risk. I doubt the tea was going to attack anyone. Boycotting the tea would have been a more moral act.

My black friends, including my black "boss", is pretty hacked that BLM has clothed themselves in "black skin" to carry out their Marxist anarchy.
            I work with the local chapter of BLM. While a small fraction of people have "acted out" inappropriately and used the BLM name in so doing, the movement itself largely disavows them and has nothing to do with those actions. You might want to visit their website and learn something about the organization itself, rather than the hype put forward by so many news outlets, especially those leaning to the right.
            Last edited by carpedm9587; 07-13-2020, 05:59 AM.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
              I work with the local chapter of BLM. While a small fraction of people have "acted out" inappropriately and used the BLM name in so doing, the movement itself largely disavows them and has nothing to do with those actions. You might want to visit their website and learn something about the organization itself, rather than the hype put forward by so many news outlets, especially those leaning to the right.
              Of course you do, so you agree with the Marxist beliefs of the founders of BLM comrade?
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I work with the local chapter of BLM.
                Many times these "local chapters" are made up of well meaning people who have no idea what the agenda of BLM (the global organization) is.

While a small fraction of people have "acted out" inappropriately and used the BLM name in so doing, the movement itself largely disavows them and has nothing to do with those actions.[/quote]

What's your source for "the movement" disavowing the "acting out"?

You might want to visit their website and learn something about the organization itself,
                Condescending attitude detected and dismissed.

rather than the hype put forward by so many news outlets, especially those leaning to the right.
                Actually, the material I got WAS from their website, which has fairly recently been "sanitized of the dark side of the revolution".

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Of course you do, so you agree with the Marxist beliefs of the founders of BLM comrade?
                  Interesting question.
                  Not sure if he's aware of the Marxist roots, or if he's in agreement with them.

Comment

Actually it's you Trumpsters who seem to be suffering from some sort of cognitive of psychological impairment that are supporting an authoritarian style of governance, comrade. Trump is your Darth Sidious.
                    Last edited by JimL; 07-13-2020, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Actually it's you Trumpsters who seem to be suffering from some sort of cognitive of psychological impairment that are supporting an authoritarian style of governance, comrade. Trump is your Darth Sidious.
                      You are so VERY precious.

Comment

I agree with the core principles espoused by the BLM movement, which are:

...we recommit to healing ourselves and each other, and to co-creating alongside comrades, allies, and family a culture where each person feels seen, heard, and supported.

We acknowledge, respect, and celebrate differences and commonalities.

We work vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension, all people.

We intentionally build and nurture a beloved community that is bonded together through a beautiful struggle that is restorative, not depleting.

We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a prerequisite for wanting the same for others.

We see ourselves as part of the global Black family, and we are aware of the different ways we are impacted or privileged as Black people who exist in different parts of the world.

We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.

We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered.

We practice empathy. We engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).

We cultivate an intergenerational and communal network free from ageism. We believe that all people, regardless of age, show up with the capacity to lead and learn.

We embody and practice justice, liberation, and peace in our engagements with one another. source

I'd be curious to know which of these values and beliefs you disagree with. Obviously you disagree with anything having to do with gay people. What else?
                        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

...we recommit to healing ourselves and each other, and to co-creating alongside comrades, allies, and family a culture where each person feels seen, heard, and supported.

We acknowledge, respect, and celebrate differences and commonalities.

We work vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension, all people.

We intentionally build and nurture a beloved community that is bonded together through a beautiful struggle that is restorative, not depleting.

We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a prerequisite for wanting the same for others.

We see ourselves as part of the global Black family, and we are aware of the different ways we are impacted or privileged as Black people who exist in different parts of the world.

We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.

We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered.

We practice empathy. We engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).

We cultivate an intergenerational and communal network free from ageism. We believe that all people, regardless of age, show up with the capacity to lead and learn.

We embody and practice justice, liberation, and peace in our engagements with one another. source

I'd be curious to know which of these values and beliefs you disagree with. Obviously you disagree with anything having to do with gay people. What else?
                          OK, first....
                          A) There is nothing there with which you disagree?
                          2) You are completely fine with Marxism?

Comment

While a small fraction of people have "acted out" inappropriately and used the BLM name in so doing, the movement itself largely disavows them and has nothing to do with those actions.

What's your source for "the movement" disavowing the "acting out"?

As far as I know they have not disavowed the racist founder of BLM in Toronto...

Black Lives Matter co-founder appears to label white people ‘defects’

A co-founder of Black Lives Matter Toronto argued that white people are “recessive genetic defects” and purportedly mused about how the race could be “wiped out,” according to a post on what appears to be her Facebook page....

...“Whiteness is not humxness,” the statement begins. “infact, white skin is sub-humxn.” The post goes on to present a genetics-based argument centred on melanin and enzyme.

White ppl are recessive genetic defects. this is factual,” the post reads towards the end. “white ppl need white supremacy as a mechanism to protect their survival as a people because all they can do is produce themselves. black ppl simply through their dominant genes can literally wipe out the white race if we had the power to.”

https://torontosun.com/2017/02/11/bl...8-decfe73d1e52
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

First their use of comrade is telling. But again Carp do you agree with the Marxism of the founders? Do you think they have changed their goals and embraced free markets?

And I certainly disagree with this: We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.
                              Last edited by seer; 07-13-2020, 10:15 AM.

Comment

First their use of comrade is telling. But again Carp do you agree with the Marxism of the founders? Do you think they have changed their goals and embraced free markets?
                                I've been dealing with this quite a bit here - http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...ist-No-and-Yes - working with actual black leaders, not people who "play black people on TV".

And I certainly disagree with this: We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.
                                It would not surprise me if Carpe agreed with that one - or, at least, did not disagree --- which is why I asked what I did.

But, we shall see.

Comment