Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Conservative values/principles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Why are liberals so obsessed with skin color and gender?
    It probably has something to do with conservatives having a history of obsessively repressing people according to skin color and gender.
    Why are you lying
    Why are you?

Originally posted by seer View Post
    as a conservative I want the law applied equally to all.
    That's nice, but you're not conservatives, and nothing you've written contradicts my claim.

It's an established historical fact that conservatives have repressed women and black people in this country. That doesn't mean they're doing it today (much), but they're actually the ones who started obsessing over gender and race. Waaaaaaaay before liberals could ever be accused of the same thing.
    Last edited by Whateverman; 07-19-2020, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      The racism implicit in this answer is simply mind-boggling. In a country where income for black people averages below white people across all age groups, overall health and healthcare availability for black people is documented to be below white people across all age groups, education level of black people is documented to be below white people across all age groups, criminal penalties for black people are harsher than white people across all age groups, arrests for black people are at a higher level than white people for the same crimes across all age groups, and the list goes on....the REAL problem is that black people are racist against white people. And all of this in a country in which white people enslaved black people for over 250 years, then continued to impose Jim Crow laws on them for the next nearly 100 years, and even today continues to adopt policies that have a significantly more negative impact on black people than white people, largely because of the disadvantage the average black person begins life with - all the while so many white people (and even some black people) bury their head in the sand and pretend systemic racism (and sexism) no longer exists?

It simply boggles the imagination.
      So you're accusing me of racism now, carp? Is that the route you're taking? Yes, blacks are some of the most racist folks against whites I've ever seen, and they're open about it, far more than I've seen whites against blacks. In fact, I've experienced racism myself because of my mixed race and light skin complexion. Blacks have more advantages in education than even whites. You're so full of BS with this fact. I've even taken advantage of these benefits myself in higher education. If it was just white racism, why do foreign blacks excel in higher education than native blacks? It's cultural, as I've told you before over and over again. And if you imply I'm a racist one more time, I'm really going to let loose on you, and it's going to be personal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
        Why are you?

That's nice, but you're not conservatives, and nothing you've written contradicts my claim.

It's an established historical fact that conservatives have repressed women and black people in this country. That doesn't they're doing it today (much), but they're actually the ones who started obsessing over gender and race. Waaaaaaaay before liberals can be accused of the same thing.
        What are you talking about? I consider myself conservative. And when you asked about conservative principles we told you.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

When a group is systemically oppressed and disadvantaged, it is not possible to call attention to it without identifying the commonality. In this case, that is skin color and gender.

If blond people were being systematically oppressed or disadvantaged, we'd be talking about hair color.
          When Jewish people are being systematically oppressed or disadvantaged, we talk about religion/nationality.
          If short people were being systematically oppressed or disadvantaged, we'd be talking about height.
          If hirsute people were being systematically oppressed or disadvantaged, we'd be talking about hair.

This is an extremely disingenuous question designed to reverse the narrative by calling those who are calling for justice "racist" because they have to refer to race to point out the injustice.
          Nailed it.

Comment

What are you talking about?
            Read the quoted text, and you'll understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
              So you're accusing me of racism now, carp? Is that the route you're taking? Yes, blacks are some of the most racist folks against whites I've ever seen, and they're open about it, far more than I've seen whites against blacks. In fact, I've experienced racism myself because of my mixed race and light skin complexion. Blacks have more advantages in education than even whites. You're so full of BS with this fact. I've even taken advantage of these benefits myself in higher education. If it was just white racism, why do foreign blacks excel in higher education than native blacks? It's cultural, as I've told you before over and over again. And if you imply I'm a racist one more time, I'm really going to let loose on you, and it's going to be personal.
              And I wonder why Asians and Indians (who are very dark skinned) do so well in this racist country. BTW Sean, are you African American?
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

And I wonder why Asians and Indians (who are very dark skinned) do so well in this racist country. BTW Sean, are you African American?
                Yes, mixed race (black father).

Comment

No it isn't, it would be a fact. Since 13% of the population commits 50% of the murders and 48% of the robberies that segment is committing these violent crimes way out of portion to their population size. If we are not to see that as being more violent what are we to see it as?
                  See my previous responses.
                  The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Yes, mixed race (black father).
                    Ok, I didn't know.

Comment

So you're accusing me of racism now, carp? Is that the route you're taking?
                      Yes. Denying the existence of systemic racism in the face of the evidence is itself a racist position.

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      Yes, blacks are some of the most racist folks against whites I've ever seen, and they're open about it, far more than I've seen whites against blacks. In fact, I've experienced racism myself because of my mixed race and light skin complexion. Blacks have more advantages in education than even whites. You're so full of BS with this fact. I've even taken advantage of these benefits myself in higher education. If it was just white racism, why do foreign blacks excel in higher education than native blacks? It's cultural, as I've told you before over and over again. And if you imply I'm a racist one more time, I'm really going to let loose on you, and it's going to be personal.
                      I am aware that there is racism against whites among black people. I am not surprised that such racism exists - though I find it deplorable. But when a given community continuously has to deal with systemic racism day in and day out, for that group to develop their own racist/angry response is pretty understandable. Understandable does not mean excusable. But the racism did not START with the black community. The racism within the black community is, for the most part, a response to years, decades, even centuries of racism against them.

Reverse the effects of THAT racism, and the anti-white racism in the black community will significantly reduce. Meanwhile, I challenge THAT racism as much as I challenge yours and Seer's.
                      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Yes. Denying the existence of systemic racism in the face of the evidence is itself a racist position.

I am aware that there is racism against whites among black people. I am not surprised that such racism exists - though I find it deplorable. But when a given community continuously has to deal with systemic racism day in and day out, for that group to develop their own racist/angry response is pretty understandable. Understandable does not mean excusable. But the racism did not START with the black community. The racism within the black community is, for the most part, a response to years, decades, even centuries of racism against them.

Reverse the effects of THAT racism, and the anti-white racism in the black community will significantly reduce. Meanwhile, I challenge THAT racism as much as I challenge yours and Seer's.
                        God help your black children if you're feeding them these poisonous lies. Thankfully I grew up in a household that didn't, and I can't imagine the mess I'd be in now if they did.

Comment

Hopefully, you have your answer.
                          No. As usual, you talked around the question instead of giving a direct answer, but thank you for responding anyway.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

When a group is systemically oppressed and disadvantaged, it is not possible to call attention to it without identifying the commonality. In this case, that is skin color and gender.

If blond people were being systematically oppressed or disadvantaged, we'd be talking about hair color.
                            When Jewish people are being systematically oppressed or disadvantaged, we talk about religion/nationality.
                            If short people were being systematically oppressed or disadvantaged, we'd be talking about height.
                            If hirsute people were being systematically oppressed or disadvantaged, we'd be talking about hair.

This is an extremely disingenuous question designed to reverse the narrative by calling those who are calling for justice "racist" because they have to refer to race to point out the injustice.
                            This is the same kind of thinking that says that black history should only be celebrated for one month a year. I like what Morgan Freeman once said, that the way to stop racism is to simply stop focusing on it and let it die out. But in reality, liberals in general and Democrats in particular do not want it to die out because "oppressed" groups have an inordinate amount of privilege in modern society.

Oh, and before you point the finger at Republicans, tell me what happened recently when Democrat voters across the country were given a diverse field of candidates to choose from as their presidential nominee.
                            Last edited by Mountain Man; 07-19-2020, 02:48 PM.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                              Why are you?

It's an established historical fact that conservatives have repressed women and black people in this country. That doesn't mean they're doing it today (much), but they're actually the ones who started obsessing over gender and race. Waaaaaaaay before liberals could ever be accused of the same thing.
                              Not to mention the poor working class. Republicans are and have been the party of the wealthy corperative class and have for over a hundred years striven to oppress the poor politically and economically regardless of race or gender.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                This is the same kind of thinking that says that black history should only be celebrated for one month a year. I like what Morgan Freeman once said, that the way stop racism is to simply stop focusing on it and let it die out.

Oh, and before you point the finger at Republicans, tell me what happened recently when Democrat voters across the country were given a diverse field of candidates to choose from as their presidential nominee.
                                They elected Barak Hussein Obama, and as a party have diverse representation. Diversity doesn't exclude white men.

Comment