Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump & Biden What-If

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump & Biden What-If

Given their ages, it's a probability that either President Trump or Joe Biden die of natural causes before their parties conventions. What happens???

Both parties have the option of the elected delegates being given freedom of choice and the convention selects the candidates. Of course, there will be a lot of politics leading up to the convention and we'll probably know the winner is before the convention starts.

The Republicans could simply chose to rally around now President Pence and proceed.

Since Biden hasn't announced his VP choice, the Democrats don't yet have that option. I don't think they would be thrilled by replacing one old white male with another old white male (Sanders). I think in the current environment, Harris has too much of a law enforcement background to be nominated. My thought is their candidate will be Senator Warren.

What do you think?
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    Given their ages, it's a probability that either President Trump or Joe Biden die of natural causes before their parties conventions. What happens???
    I have to disagree with "it's a probability".... a POSSIBILITY, though, I view it as quite remote.

Both parties have the option of the elected delegates being given freedom of choice and the convention selects the candidates. Of course, there will be a lot of politics leading up to the convention and we'll probably know the winner is before the convention starts.

The Republicans could simply chose to rally around now President Pence and proceed.

Since Biden hasn't announced his VP choice, the Democrats don't yet have that option. I don't think they would be thrilled by replacing one old white male with another old white male (Sanders). I think in the current environment, Harris has too much of a law enforcement background to be nominated. My thought is their candidate will be Senator Warren.

What do you think?
    I'm interested to hear what the libs here think about their party's options.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What do you think?
      If I understand election protocol correctly, and I probably don't, the Dems would have more freedom via their delegates to choose whoever they wanted. Of course, this would probably make the rift between the Mods and the Progs much greater since the latter would obviously insist Sanders is picked.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        If I understand election protocol correctly, and I probably don't, the Dems would have more freedom via their delegates to choose whoever they wanted. Of course, this would probably make the rift between the Mods and the Progs much greater since the latter would obviously insist Sanders is picked.
        If the running mate had already been announced the party would probably be able to strong arm her through. If they let Sanders be her running mate as a sort of olive branch, that would be interesting.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Whoever wins, everybody loses.
          My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
            Whoever wins, everybody loses.
            It all goes back to both parties taking us to hell in a hand basket.

It is just that one side is content to take the scenic route whereas the other has discovered an express elevator and are determined to use it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yup. There's the evil party and the stupid party. Once in a while, they agree to something that is both evil and stupid. It is called 'bi-partisan politics'.
              My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

What do you think?
                Liberals will declare 9 out of ten Unicorns support whoever the Democrats pick.

Comment

What do you think?
                  After thinking about this more, I think on the Democratic side, there's a chance they'll go to Hillary Clinton or Andrew Cuomo as a unifying candidate.
                  "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment