Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"I thought this was a hoax, but it’s not"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post

It would be the most cheesiest line ever in probably one of the worst Hollywood movies ever. And the fact it's based on a so-called premise -- "covid parties" -- that's likely a hoax itself, makes it even more absurd.
    Plus, it's based on an unnamed nurse and an unnamed patient? Nah, not buying that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      I agree, there is something fishy about it. Like someone who died of heat stroke, their last words to a climatologist "I was an idiot. Climate Change is real."
      Ask Shuny. He will tell you he actually heard this. (Sorry. I didn't get enough sleep last night.)

Comment

Plus, it's based on an unnamed nurse and an unnamed patient? Nah, not buying that one.
        One big problem we have seen during this coronavirus season is that the media will make up news stories. And there are medical workers who have helped stage fake events. There were several staged lines for coronavirus test centers. Then citizen reporters would find that there were no lines the day after the news story.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
          One big problem we have seen during this coronavirus season is that the media will make up news stories. And there are medical workers who have helped stage fake events. There were several staged lines for coronavirus test centers. Then citizen reporters would find that there were no lines the day after the news story.
          Yes, it has all the earmarks of being fabricated. Based on the evidence and how it is being used, I'm about 95% convinced it is mostly-or-completely made up.

Comment

I wish I had said that.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I've been trying to track it down, and so far we have one party telling what an unidentified man told an unidentified nurse.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I wish I had said that.

I plagiarized you.

Comment

I plagiarized you.
                But you amen'd me, so it all comes out in the worsh.

(the new Col. Sanders says "tell your kids to worsh up".
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

But you amen'd me, so it all comes out in the worsh.

(the new Col. Sanders says "tell your kids to worsh up".
                  I think the story must have originated with the New York Times. Too many anonymous sources.

My mother always said "worsh." She was from Oklahoma. She also liked to say "yeller" instead of yellow.

Comment

I think the story must have originated with the New York Times. Too many anonymous sources.

My mother always said "worsh." She was from Oklahoma. She also liked to say "yeller" instead of yellow.
                    I have a school teacher in our congregation who CRINGES when people say "Worshington". (The President, the State, the DC....)

Comment

I have a school teacher in our congregation who CRINGES when people say "Worshington". (The President, the State, the DC....)
                      She is just biased against the state and the US Capital and the first President

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                        Mossrose liked your post but isn't able to answer my question. What a brave soul! :)
                        Why does an obvious troll post deserve an answer?
                        Last edited by RumTumTugger; 07-14-2020, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                          Why does an obvious troll post deserve an answer?
                          Tell you what. Explain how my question was a troll question and if your answer is even a little plausible I'll leave this thread.

ETA: And to be sure we're on the same page I'm defining "troll question" to mean a question which is asked under false pretenses and not intended as a genuine point of discussion.
                          Last edited by DivineOb; 07-14-2020, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Hmm. My relatives from The Northwestern U.S. say "worsh" but those from the Western Great Lakes say "warsh"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

At least two sites cite "Just before he died" but what does "Just before" actually mean? A few hours? A few seconds? Or was it used by the medical officer for dramatic effect to reinforce the stupidity of such behaviour?

Another site writes "I think I made a mistake,” the man told a nurse, according to Appleby. “I thought this was a hoax, but it’s not". That gives no mention of the moment when the patient uttered those words.

However, irrespective of whether the patient said those words or not, he's dead.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              The things that you're liable
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life
                              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Hmm. My relatives from The Northwestern U.S. say "worsh" but those from the Western Great Lakes say "warsh"
                                Kennedy used to say Cuber, so I adopted it. I've now switched over to Chiner as well. My Ohio mother would say warsh, would drive me crazy while she laughed about it. I've embraced that as well, just because it's so wrong.

Comment