Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"I thought this was a hoax, but it’s not"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Just remember - he's the brightest bulb in the socket.
    No, that's little jimmy

Although I understand the confusion as they are starting to sound equally absurdly irrational

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      No, that's little jimmy

Although I understand the confusion as they are starting to sound equally absurdly irrational
      I am sure he will come back and tell us that he actually meant to say something completely delusional and out of left field on purpose and we are all fools for falling for it, or something. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        This is about me, isn't it?
        I quoted you just so DivineOb will have to see your post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I quoted you just so DivineOb will have to see your post.
          Don't make me report you for thread spam.

Comment

I am sure he will come back and tell us that he actually meant to say something completely delusional and out of left field on purpose and we are all fools for falling for it, or something. Yeah, that's the ticket.
            Oh, come on now. He wouldn't trying to slough off something so preposterously ridiculous like that would he? I mean does he have any history of behaving in such a ludicrously foolish manner?

I wonder if I should have used the sarcasm thingie smiley hmm.gif

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

this

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
              Don't make me report you for thread spam.

don't make me come back there.jpg
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, just CP.

Why do *you* think this person might have thought Kung Flu was a hoax?
                Sorry. I can't see your post.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Blaming it on my weight or lack of self grooming is just shallow.
                  So are you going to explain what you meant by this?

Comment

Why bother after you exposed what he was cooking up

Comment

My point is that your satisfaction with he explanation of "He's crazy" is as arbitrary and self serving as ad hominem (false, BTW) which might theoretically be directed at me.

Comment

My point is that your satisfaction with he explanation of "He's crazy" is as arbitrary and self serving as ad hominem (false, BTW) which might theoretically be directed at me.
                        That's extremely paranoid of you. I have no idea who you are, what you look like or how you groom yourself. I was merely saying that perhaps he was a conspiracy nut who believed the virus is a hoax. There are plenty of them on the internet and it has nothing to do with Trump. They have been around long before Trump, as antivaxxers and so on.

Comment

That's extremely paranoid of you. I have no idea who you are, what you look like or how you groom yourself. I was merely saying that perhaps he was a conspiracy nut who believed the virus is a hoax. There are plenty of them on the internet and it has nothing to do with Trump. They have been around long before Trump, as antivaxxers and so on.
                          Now we're getting somewhere. I agree obviously this person was impressionable and willing to believe things despite a lack of evidence (or even in spite of available evidence). But conspiracy nuts believe "conspiracy theories" (using the more informal definition). What theory did he believe and how might he have encountered such a theory?

Comment

I never mentioned his weight or grooming and he seems to be claiming I did
                            What can you expect of someone who's mind is made up that minorities who wear Maga hats are racist against each other and themselves.
                            Last edited by RumTumTugger; 07-14-2020, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Trump consistence has down played and minimalized the severity of the COVID-19 pandemic from the very beginning, which resulted in inconsistent and tragic leadership for the nation. Calling it a hoax. well, ah . . . he has called everything, but those that agree with a hoax and liars.

Trumps view now:

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/politics/fact-check-trump-always-knew-pandemic-coronavirus/index.html

Trump was asked Tuesday about his change in tone. He responded by claiming that his tone hadn't changed much at all.

"I mean, I have seen that, where people actually liked it. But I didn't feel different," he said at a White House press briefing. "I've always known, this is a real -- this is a real -- this is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic. All you had to do was look at other countries...no, I've always viewed it as very serious. It was no difference yesterday from days before. I feel the tone is similar, but some people said it wasn't."

past . . .

Facts First: From January until last week, Trump consistently minimized the risk the coronavirus posed to the country. He claimed to have the virus under "control," that the number of US cases would go "down, not up," that the virus might "disappear" through a "miracle" or something of the sort, that the virus might well vanish by April with the warmer weather, that the media and Democrats were overhyping the situation, and that "this is their new hoax," leaving it unclear whether he was calling the virus itself a hoax. (He later said he was talking about Democrats' coronavirus-related criticism, not the virus.)

. . .
                              Prior to the World Health Organization's official pandemic declaration on March 11, Trump had never told Americans that he viewed the situation as a potential pandemic. When he was asked by CNBC in an interview that aired January 22 if there were worries about a pandemic, he responded, "No. Not at all. And -- we're -- we have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It's going to be just fine."
                              On March 9, Trump tweeted, "So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!" On March 10, the day before the WHO's pandemic declaration, Trump said, "And we're prepared, and we're doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."
                              He added: "It's really working out. And a lot of good things are going to happen."

© Copyright Original Source

The COVID-19 pandemic will be winding down in the near future, and Trump has already left the barn door open and all the cows are out.
                              Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-14-2020, 04:44 PM.
                              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Now we're getting somewhere. I agree obviously this person was impressionable and willing to believe things despite a lack of evidence (or even in spite of available evidence). But conspiracy nuts believe "conspiracy theories" (using the more informal definition). What theory did he believe and how might he have encountered such a theory?
                                You would have to ask him. Why does Mikewhitney here on tweb think that Bill Gates is trying to implant trackers in people using COVID vaccines? Probably because the guy saw it on the Interwebz somewhere like facebook.

Comment