Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"I thought this was a hoax, but it’s not"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The funniest part about Biden in all of this is that was every time he announced what he would have done to combat the China flu if he was president, it turned out to be something that President Trump had already done, was doing, or had proposed. I think eventually Biden just stopped talking about it. Of course there's also the fact that Biden was still calling for open borders and falsely accusing the President of xenophobia while hypocritically criticizing the President for not doing enough stop the spread of the virus.
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...on-coronavirus

Former Vice President Joe Biden said during the South Carolina debate that he was the only Democratic presidential candidate with enough international experience to force China to cooperate with U.S. health officials on the coronavirus.

“I would be on the phone with China making it clear we are going to need to be in your country. You have to be open. You have to be clear. We have to know what's going on. We have to be there with you,” Biden said.

“I can get that done. No one up here has ever dealt internationally with any of these world leaders. I’m the only one that has,” Biden added forcefully.

Did Trump do that on or before Feb 25th?

Comment

The funniest part about Biden in all of this is that was every time he announced what he would have done to combat the China flu if he was president, it turned out to be something that President Trump had already done, was doing, or had proposed. I think eventually Biden just stopped talking about it. Of course there's also the fact that Biden was still calling for open borders and falsely accusing the President of xenophobia while hypocritically criticizing the President for not doing enough stop the spread of the virus.
      Don't forget that he also picked someone for his advisory team that said that folks should die when they reach the age of 65.

Apparently folks like Cuomo thought that was an order.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
        Ok, let's take Trump out of it. Why do you think this person thought COVID45 was a hoax?
        Because he was a moron (assuming this story is even true).
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Because he was a moron (assuming this story is even true).
          Not good enough. Stupid people may believe stupid things but they rarely make those things up.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Don't forget that he also picked someone for his advisory team that said that folks should die when they reach the age of 65.

Apparently folks like Cuomo thought that was an order.
            That's not exactly what Biden's health expert said. Rather, he said that nobody should attempt to extend their life past 65.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
              Yes, people are stupid. That's why we rely on those in authority to provide a good example. Which presidential candidate referred to COVID45 as a hoax and which one was sounding the alarm since February?

Did President Trump Refer to the Coronavirus as a ‘Hoax’?

What's True

During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.

What's False

Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I am astounded at the stupidity of what some people believe. The fact that several people I know and care about have fallen for the Wayfair conspiracy theory that somebody made up as a joke on Reddit the other day blows me away.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                  Not good enough.
                  Of course not, because it wasn't the answer you wanted.

Comment

The things that are missing from this story are:
                    1. There is no evidence that this person went to a covid party ... no recording shared of the participation here and no recording of the patient having stated participation here
                    2. There is no indication whether the person had close proximity with someone that had coronavirus
                    3. No statements are made whether the person had preconditions that increased the chance of dying, even apart from coronavirus
                    4. We only seem to have the testimony of this administrator
                    5. The statement about number of people in the hospital fails to indicate whether this was all patients or just patients with respiratory problems found with a positive coronavirus test
                    6. There are no statistics on how many people have gone to these type of parties and what percentage got sick from these parties. We cannot tell if these parties are in any way a big problem. (However, the idea of going to a party specific for this purpose ... do they do this before or after swallowing Tide packets?)

So it is hard to get anything substantial from the article.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      I am astounded at the stupidity of what some people believe. The fact that several people I know and care about have fallen for the Wayfair conspiracy theory that somebody made up as a joke on Reddit the other day blows me away.
                      I'm still amazed at the "wire in the face mask" is a 5G device that will allow Bill Gates to track you until the vaccine....
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        I'm still amazed at the "wire in the face mask" is a 5G device that will allow Bill Gates to track you until the vaccine....
                        I had to talk to a customer at work who was genuinely concerned about getting cancer from 5G the other day. I just explained how to disable wifi... I didn't want to get into it with her, because I knew she was going to believe what she wanted to believe.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I had to talk to a customer at work who was genuinely concerned about getting cancer from 5G the other day. I just explained how to disable wifi... I didn't want to get into it with her, because I knew she was going to believe what she wanted to believe.
                          Somebody sent me a video of the "5G / Bill Gates / vaccine / face mask wire" thing the other day - I was astounded.

And, no, didn't send it to me because he took it seriously, he was showing me how nutty people can be.

Comment

Social media is like the telephone game x 1000000...

The sad thing is is that these rumors often spill into MSM reporting, when it suits their purpose, and then becomes fact.

Comment

Of course not, because it wasn't the answer you wanted.
                              You are just a murderer, racist, communist, chinese-sympathizer, bigot, pogonophobe (fear of beards).

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                                You are just a murderer, racist, communist, chinese-sympathizer, bigot, pogonophobe (fear of beards).
                                What would you call somebody who had a fear of clowns with beards? (are there such?)

Comment