Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

China and 5G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China and 5G

Is this a thing and should the US do the same?

Britain Bans Huawei From 5G Network

Huawei, long seen as a threat to Western national security, was effectively blocked by both technology experts in Britain’s National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), as well as figures such as President Donald Trump, former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, Brexit leader Nigel Farage, and National Pulse editor Raheem Kassam.

https://thenationalpulse.com/news/br...n-bans-huawei/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    It is saying that they have removed any technology in the 5G network supplied by Huwei. That means any electronics used in the transmitters, receivers, towers, etc.

The US already is doing this. They are the ones who are pressuring other countries like the UK to do the same. They have also blacklisted Huwei phones.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      It is saying that they have removed any technology in the 5G network supplied by Huwei. That means any electronics used in the transmitters, receivers, towers, etc.

The US already is doing this. They are the ones who are pressuring other countries like the UK to do the same. They have also blacklisted Huwei phones.
      OK so we are not using Huwei either - good...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        As Sparko noted, we're leading the pack on this. I would also take a serious look at Chinese ownership of American companies especially media groups. Are they working to get favorable coverage / suppress the full story to their benefit? I think so.

From my understanding of how China works, anything that happens is influenced by the government. So if Chinese companies are buying American companies, it's because the Chinese government wants it. From watching how China has treated Tibet, the Uighers, and now Hong Kong, I don't think they will treat me any better if they get power over me. Long term, China is the most important issue facing the US and the Western world in general.
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
          Long term, China is the most important issue facing the US and the Western world in general.
          I agree 100%...

Comment

I remember an article about a chip placed on china-made motherboards. The article writer said this was apparently a chip to allow grabbing data from (spying on) the system.

I am rather concerned about anything coming from China. I hear of food contamination and stuff like lead in children's games.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
              I remember an article about a chip placed on china-made motherboards. The article writer said this was apparently a chip to allow grabbing data from (spying on) the system.

I am rather concerned about anything coming from China. I hear of food contamination and stuff like lead in children's games.
              Chinese quality control does leave a lot to be desired. Seen the recent lawyer ads for those taking the drug Ryantide (I know misspelled). It was produced in China. It actually made the national news for a day or so.
              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                Chinese quality control does leave a lot to be desired. Seen the recent lawyer ads for those taking the drug Ryantide (I know misspelled). It was produced in China. It actually made the national news for a day or so.
                This is easy to anticipate. I think it takes much American oversight of manufacturing in China to keep a company's product at high quality levels.

A friend of mine had to watch over quality in Spain. He was threatened at gunpoint in doing his job. So, quality issues can arise anywhere

Comment

We've decided not to use Huawei either. We partnered with a Swedish electronics company to supply our hardware.

Comment