USPS Spotty Delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USPS Spotty Delivery

We don't get NEARLY the snail mail we used to, but it SEEMS like we have a lot more days of "empty mailbox" than we used to.
    Then, some days we'll have "extra mail".

Then I saw, in our local newspaper, a story about the USPS making adjustments during COVID.
    It was kinda strange, cause it includes quotes from people saying what I said at the beginning of this post, but doesn't confirm or deny.
    Then, they interview the local postmistress (I bet THAT is a non-PC term!!!) who confirmed that they (the postal workers) are, indeed, making adjustments, but also did not confirm that deliveries are not happening every day.

I know that, when our rural route driver covers for somebody on vacation, our out sick, our mail may come after 5PM instead of 9AM-ish, but this is getting to be pretty common.

Anybody else notice spotty mail delivery?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I am involved with several jobs that involve mail and package delivery, and things are sort of going down hill. The worst so far is American Express, but nonetheless it is an eventuality even when it is supposed to over night.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      We don't get NEARLY the snail mail we used to, but it SEEMS like we have a lot more days of "empty mailbox" than we used to.
      Then, some days we'll have "extra mail".

Then I saw, in our local newspaper, a story about the USPS making adjustments during COVID.
      It was kinda strange, cause it includes quotes from people saying what I said at the beginning of this post, but doesn't confirm or deny.
      Then, they interview the local postmistress (I bet THAT is a non-PC term!!!) who confirmed that they (the postal workers) are, indeed, making adjustments, but also did not confirm that deliveries are not happening every day.

I know that, when our rural route driver covers for somebody on vacation, our out sick, our mail may come after 5PM instead of 9AM-ish, but this is getting to be pretty common.

Anybody else notice spotty mail delivery?
      Yes. I've been told by Canada Post that mail delivery on both sides of the border is taking at least a week longer than it used to, because of covid.

It also affects customs, so if you're sending something to me, or vice versa, it is taking longer.

Might never get back to the problem it was before covid.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I've been closely following the developments in the last couple of days. Apparently the new Postmaster General, Louis Dejoy, is ending all overtime and forcing all carriers out the door early in the morning, ready or not. If there is not enough coverage to deliver the route in exactly eight hours, the mail stays at the office. The unions are trying to fight back.

I'm going to call my friend who's still a carrier later to find out the specifics of whether Dejoy's edicts are being strictly enforced.
        Last edited by KingsGambit; 07-14-2020, 03:44 PM.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I've been closely following the developments in the last couple of days. Apparently the new Postmaster General, Louis Dejoy, is ending all overtime and forcing all carriers out the door early in the morning, ready or not. If there is not enough coverage to deliver the route in exactly eight hours, the mail stays at the office. The unions are trying to fight back.

I'm going to call my friend who's still a carrier later to find out the specifics of whether Dejoy's edicts are being strictly enforced.
          Thanks, I was hoping you would weigh in.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I have had an empty mailbox more often than not, lately. If the Post Office would just dispose of all the obvious junk mail as soon as they received it, they'd have a lot less to deliver and could keep up with the workload. Too bad that's illegal. They could load it all on a couple of trucks and "deliver" it to the city's recycling facility and I wouldn't mind.
            Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
              I have had an empty mailbox more often than not, lately. If the Post Office would just dispose of all the obvious junk mail as soon as they received it, they'd have a lot less to deliver and could keep up with the workload. Too bad that's illegal. They could load it all on a couple of trucks and "deliver" it to the city's recycling facility and I wouldn't mind.
              I pay all of my bills online any more so 99% of my mail is just junk mail any more. I only bother to check my mailbox a couple of times a week now.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                I have an opposite problem. The person who lived at my address before me is not a good person. He's gotten into lots of legal trouble, and apparently went on the run. We get tons of legal mailings and advertisements from lawyers. Once the cops showed up at our door looking to serve a warrant. They left pretty quickly once it was obvious that we were not even the same race as him.

I put up a sign on our box with the right last name, but apparently our route has a lot of subs on it, who will just deliver all mail regardless of the name (which to be fair, is what subs are usually told to do, to err on the side of caution).
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  I have an opposite problem. The person who lived at my address before me is not a good person. He's gotten into lots of legal trouble, and apparently went on the run. We get tons of legal mailings and advertisements from lawyers. Once the cops showed up at our door looking to serve a warrant. They left pretty quickly once it was obvious that we were not even the same race as him.

I put up a sign on our box with the right last name, but apparently our route has a lot of subs on it, who will just deliver all mail regardless of the name (which to be fair, is what subs are usually told to do, to err on the side of caution).
                  I put our name on the inside of our box, and our carrier puts mail in the box not only disregarding the name, but the address as well. I have lost medical bills and medication that way, and had to take various neighbor's mail to them after it ended up in my box.
                  Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment