Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What is Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    To be fair, the term was coined by Charles Krauthammer with the left's psychotic obsession with misrepresenting everything Bush Jr. said and did.
    This be true.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Four years of a Russia collusion conspiracy theory, riots, buildings burned down, violence, innocent children gunned down in the street, but it's the RIGHTWINGERS that are the threat to America.

That would be similar to what you might call TDS. Pure leftist lunacy.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        to disparage realists.
        Like those who think men can become women?
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

To be fair, the term was coined by Charles Krauthammer with the left's psychotic obsession with misrepresenting everything Bush Jr. said and did.
          Yes, this derangement did not start with Trump...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I suppose this is technically correct, though conservatives took a fringe phenomenon and brought it into the mainstream.

BDS was dwarfed by ODS, the latter of which still reigns supreme over TDS.
            Last edited by Whateverman; 07-15-2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
              I suppose this is technically correct, though conservatives took a fringe phenomenon and brought it into the mainstream.

There is no equal to TDS. It is more infectious than any plague in human history.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

There is no equal to TDS.
                ODS was much worse, because it was ubiquitous and almost entirely based upon lies. To this very day, a mere reference to Obama triggers so-called Republicans in a hundred yard radius (give or take).
                Last edited by Whateverman; 07-15-2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

ODS was much worse, because it was ubiquitous and almost entirely based upon lies. To this very day, a mere reference to Obama triggers so-called Republicans in a hundred yard radius (give or take).
                  Who?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Like those who think men can become women?
                    I watched your Woody Allen clip; you know it’s a comedy, don’t you?
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Do y'all realize that 1984 is a work of fiction and not a how-to manual?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Of course, I saw the movie when it first came out. It is though both profound and funny, like a lot of his work...

Comment

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Nobody was allowed to express even the slightest disagreement with the Obamessiah for fear of being gang smeared as a racist. It didn't matter if it was obviously a difference of opinion over policy -- it was obviously racist.

Even the late night comedians were too afraid to poke fun at the anointed one for fear of being branded racist. They continued making GWB jokes instead for several years.

It wasn't until his second term that they finally started to very gingerly tease him and when they did you had folks like the Washington Post actually fact checking comedy skits.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Nobody was allowed to express even the slightest disagreement with the Obamessiah for fear of being gang smeared as a racist. It didn't matter if it was obviously a difference of opinion over policy -- it was obviously racist.

Even the late night comedians were too afraid to poke fun at the anointed one for fear of being branded racist. They continued making GWB jokes instead for several years.

It wasn't until his second term that they finally started to very gingerly tease him and when they did you had folks like the Washington Post actually fact checking comedy skits.
                            I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy - I mean, that's a storybook, man!

Comment

On Tweb "TDS" refers to posters who seem to blame every ill in the world on Trump and seem to have to find a way to insert Trump into every thread. They are obsessed with him. You know who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy - I mean, that's a storybook, man!
                                According to the man who is the self-anointed judge of who is and who isn't black, the Obamessiah was the first black person who was "articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking."

Comment