Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What is Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Do y'all realize that 1984 is a work of fiction and not a how-to manual?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_...ement_syndrome

Trump derangement syndrome (TDS) is a term for criticism or negative reactions to United States President Donald Trump that are perceived to be irrational, and have little regard towards Trump's actual policy positions, or actions undertaken by his administration. The term has mainly been used by Trump supporters to discredit criticism of his actions, as a way of reframing the discussion by suggesting that his opponents are incapable of accurately perceiving the world. Journalists have used the term to call for restraint when judging Trump's statements and actions.
      Well...that makes THIS one of the shortest threads on record. Apparently I don't have TDS.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
        Well...that makes THIS one of the shortest threads on record. Apparently I don't have TDS.
        You can blame Trump for that!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          On Tweb "TDS" refers to posters who seem to blame every ill in the world on Trump and seem to have to find a way to insert Trump into every thread. They are obsessed with him. You know who you are.
          This has gotta be about CP, doesn't it? I mean it all boils down to talking about CP in the end.
          ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
            I don't like to accuse a person of TDS because ... well, I just don't. People can be grumpy one day and fine the next, so I don't like applying labels.

But in cases where a Trump critic is too emotional to make any sense then that would be where I would use the term.

IMO, you have TDS if every time you think about Trump your vision gets blurry and you lose concentration.
            Well, every time I think of Trump I get mildly nauseous. And I don't watch him speak much anymore. It just makes my blood boil too much. But the key to all of this appears to be "irrational." None of my thoughts or feelings about Trump are "irrational."
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              If Trump is such a crazy man, why isn't it HIS followers who are doing the rioting and protesting and destruction of statues and looting and burning....
              First, why does that necessarily follow?

Second, it is a small subset of the people protesting who are engaging in violence. But they seem to get all of the focus, and they are taking the focus off the true objectives of the peaceful protesters.

People Hate Trump so much it drives them to do violent and stupid things. They they say HE'S the crazy.
              Actually, what is happening now is that people have become so fed up with systemic racism, and broken promises to fix it, that they are loudly protesting. A small percentage are doing that violently. Another small percentage are taking advantage of the situation to act out. And another small percentage is being instigated by far-right extremists seeking to provoke violence.

Comment

To be fair, the term was coined by Charles Krauthammer with the left's psychotic obsession with misrepresenting everything Bush Jr. said and did.
                As CP sometimes said...you are painting with far too wide a brush.

Comment

This be true.
                  ...and then he does some wide-brush painting of his own...

Comment

There is no equal to TDS. It is more infectious than any plague in human history.
                    Wow. Talk about speaking in superlatives...

Comment

You seem to realize you have it.

It's ok, it won't kill you. Just make sure you don't injure others in your quest for protest.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
                        You seem to realize you have it.

It's ok, it won't kill you. Just make sure you don't injure others in your quest for protest.
                        Are you addressing me?

Comment

In my experience, Trump Derangement Syndrome can be found in both Roadkill-Hair's Fans and Foes... Some folks are as deranged in their support of Trump as others are in their opposition of the Cheeto-Dome. ETA: Basically, either he can do no wrong or do no right.
                          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                            In my experience, Trump Derangement Syndrome can be found in both Roadkill-Hair's Fans and Foes... Some folks are as deranged in their support of Trump as others are in their opposition of the Cheeto-Dome. ETA: Basically, either he can do no wrong or do no right.
                            No, the problem is that whether or not he does anything right he's still a treasonous, lawless, anti-democratic, authoritarian, enemy of the state. Call that TDS if you will, it doesn't bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              No, the problem is that whether or not he does anything right he's still a treasonous, lawless, anti-democratic, authoritarian, enemy of the state. Call that TDS if you will, it doesn't bother me.
                              Good to see that you're still shrieking like an impotent man-baby because you've wasted four years of your life chasing fake piss tapes, conspiracy theories, stolen tax returns, and pointless impeachments with nothing to show for it, Jim.
                              Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                                Good to see that you're still shrieking like an impotent man-baby because you've wasted four years of your life chasing fake piss tapes, conspiracy theories, stolen tax returns, and pointless impeachments with nothing to show for it, Jim.
                                Yes, it's a shame for me, and you naive and or complicit Trumpsters are an embarrassment to your country.

Comment