Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Make No Mistake, Democrats Will Not Protect...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Really, were they on the McCloskey's property, or were they walking by their property?
    Have you not watched the videos? Taken by the mob themselves?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      A rioting mob that broke down their gate and said they were going to kill them and their little dog too.
      A rioting mob? Do you call all protesters rioting mobs?
      When a mob charges your home, you have the right to be scared for your life just by the fact that they are violently invading your property uninvited.
      They didn't charge their home, you guys don't get to make stuff up to support your argument.

Comment

They didn't charge their home, you guys don't get to make stuff up to support your argument.

This, coming from the black helicopter squadron!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Have you not watched the videos? Taken by the mob themselves?
          They were on private property, not on the McCloskeys property. They weren't "charging the McCloskeys home" as you put it.

Comment

They weren't "charging the McCloskeys home" as you put it.
            That's because they had guns...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

A rioting mob? Do you call all protesters rioting mobs?

So you didn't watch the videos then. They were there to attack the Mayor who lived a few houses down. They broke down the gate with "No Trespassing/Private Property" signs on it and threatened the McCloskeys. The same crowds had been rioting and destroying property all over the town before this.

Under the castle doctrine, if you believe someone is threatening your safety on your own property, you don't have to back down, you can stand your ground and even shoot them. If several dozen people carrying signs and shouting came onto my property after they had been burning property in other parts of my town, I would assume they were there to cause me harm. I would be justified in shooting at them, not only waving a gun around to discourage them. The McCloskeys showed a lot of restraint in only waving their guns about. Not that the Mrs had any clue what she was doing. But she was clearly scared and had the right to warn the crowd off.

You know that if the sides were reversed and these were Conservatives breaking onto the property of a liberal you would be claiming they had every right to wave their guns at the MAGAs.

Comment

So you didn't watch the videos then. They were there to attack the Mayor who lived a few houses down. They broke down the gate with "No Trespassing/Private Property" signs on it and threatened the McCloskeys. The same crowds had been rioting and destroying property all over the town before this.

Under the castle doctrine, if you believe someone is threatening your safety on your own property, you don't have to back down, you can stand your ground and even shoot them. If several dozen people carrying signs and shouting came onto my property after they had been burning property in other parts of my town, I would assume they were there to cause me harm. I would be justified in shooting at them, not only waving a gun around to discourage them. The McCloskeys showed a lot of restraint in only waving their guns about. Not that the Mrs had any clue what she was doing. But she was clearly scared and had the right to warn the crowd off.

You know that if the sides were reversed and these were Conservatives breaking onto the property of a liberal you would be claiming they had every right to wave their guns at the MAGAs.
                I think Jim knows all this, but is just doing his usual job.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                  That's because they had guns...
                  Says you.

Comment

• Poor Beetle juice Lightfoot...

Chicago anti-police protesters target mayor's home after her call with Trump

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chi...all-with-trump
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Poor Beetle juice Lightfoot...

Chicago anti-police protesters target mayor's home after her call with Trump

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chi...all-with-trump
                      Ya know, if you think about, it's like the Democrats found these little snakes, and thought they could use them to battle the Republicans, and are beginning to realize the snakes don't care WHOM they bite!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Ya know, if you think about, it's like the Democrats found these little snakes, and thought they could use them to battle the Republicans, and are beginning to realize the snakes don't care WHOM they bite!
                        That sort of chaotic violence for violence sake is not the sort of genie any even halfway sane person does not ever release from the bottle.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          That sort of chaotic violence for violence sake is not the sort of genie any even halfway sane person does not ever release from the bottle.
                          THAT too. Like when the idiot mayor of Portland thinks he can waltz through his peaceful protester buddies, and they turn on him, or... was it the mayor of Columbus?

Several of these Democrats are probably wishing they hadn't sold their souls to BLM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Except for the Hong Kong protesters whose demonstrations aren't peaceful.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/19/w...-protests.html

I'm of the opinion that the protests are less specifically about police brutality against black people and more about unconscious pent-up rage against a flawed system that rewards the rich and lies about the fruits of hard work and higher education. A perfect example of this is both parties easily signed off on a stimulus package that sodomized the poor and working class.

That both sides seek to exploit the unfortunate situation is without question.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
                              Except for the Hong Kong protesters whose demonstrations aren't peaceful.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/19/w...-protests.html

I'm of the opinion that the protests are less specifically about police brutality against black people and more about unconscious pent-up rage against a flawed system that rewards the rich and lies about the fruits of hard work and higher education. A perfect example of this is both parties easily signed off on a stimulus package that sodomized the poor and working class.

That both sides seek to exploit the unfortunate situation is without question.
                              Hong Kong is more of a rebellion than a protest. And the government is treating it as such. While we may agree with their goals, that is a completely different situation than here. Unless you think that the protestors here are rebelling against the USA, in which case they should be shut down by the government, right? I mean do you WANT these people to overthrow the US Government? I don't.

In the case of Hong Kong, I would love to see them overthrow the communist government.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Yeah, cause, though she was handling a gun incredibly badly, it wasn't "brandishing" in the sense that we use that term.
                                About that... it seems the gun was inoperable due to the firing pin being deliberately removed...

The McCloskey’s guns were seized but when police tested Patricia McCloskeys silver handgun they found that it would not fire. So an assistant Circuit Attorney ordered the police crime lab to dissemble the gun and then reassembled it so that it could be fired.

[...]

According to the McCloskeys, the incorrect assembly of the gun wasn’t an accident. The same gun had been used as a “prop” in a previous lawsuit and the McCloskeys had rendered it inoperable so that it could be brought into a courtroom. In short, the McCloskeys claim they knew the gun was non-functioning when Patricia McCloskey took it outside that day.

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2...clared-lethal/

In another interesting twist, Attorney Kim Gardner had campaign literature mentioning the McCloskeys ready to go before even filing charges...

According to Wednesday's court filing, in one email, sent out before charges were filed, Gardner's campaign literature read: "You might be familiar with the story of the couple who brandished guns during a peaceful protest outside of their mansion” and “...President Trump and the Governor are fighting for the two who pointed guns at peaceful citizens...” The literature contained links to donate to her re-election campaign.

The filing also states campaign literature was sent after the charges, again referencing the McCloskeys' case and links to donate.

https://www.kmov.com/news/attorney-f...6fb382d57.html

There's no question that Gardner's decision to indict was politically motivated.

State AG is currently deciding whether or not to dismiss all charges.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment