Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Make No Mistake, Democrats Will Not Protect...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Is there something else you'd like me to say?
    Well I did make a point, I know JimL had said it and you're on a roll disagreeing with him but... Right-wing terrorists have actually killed more people than Antifa in this decade.
    Last edited by Leonhard; 07-18-2020, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Or maybe I am totally misreading the situation, is it only a condemnation you're interested in. I.e, you'd be satisfied with the claim "This act was bad", and have it be left at that?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        Then why should I condemn this or that part of Antifa, or the liberal movement as a whole. It just seems that conservatives have a get-out-of-jail card here, but I have to defend that you can support these protests without making these kinds of arguments. Why isn't it enough that I don't condone the violence?
        Let's start with --- do you oppose the looting and rioting that happens in conjunction with the protests?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

JimL, Tassman and Starlight, are all trolls. They are here for the flaming, that's about it. They're about as genuinely liberal as Darth Ex or demiservative or Epoetker were genuine conservatives.

I've condemned almost all of those acts, and while I have mixed feelings about CHAZ I've expressed that it probably was a very bad idea.
          See, something on which we TOTALLY agree!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Or maybe I am totally misreading the situation, is it only a condemnation you're interested in. I.e, you'd be satisfied with the claim "This act was bad", and have it be left at that?
            OK, ya lost me on that one. Too much water under the bridge.

Comment

Some good news...

"Missouri Governor Mike Parson (R) suggests he will pardon St. Louis couple Mark and Patricia McCloskey if they are charged over brandishing firearms to keep protesters from their home."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ouple-charged/
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Some good news...

"Missouri Governor Mike Parson (R) suggests he will pardon St. Louis couple Mark and Patricia McCloskey if they are charged over brandishing firearms to keep protesters from their home."

"brandishing" in this case means aiming a loaded pistol with her finger on the trigger, as if she was about to shoot an innocent passer-by to death, and her hubby backing her up with something similar to an assault rifle.

Comment

Some good news...

Yeah, cause, though she was handling a gun incredibly badly, it wasn't "brandishing" in the sense that we use that term.

Comment

Some good news...

Looks like this cow is going to do it!

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner said Monday she's charging the couple who flashed guns at a crowd marching to the mayor's office last month with felony unlawful use of a weapon.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/st-louis-...r-gardner-guns
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      "brandishing" in this case means aiming a loaded pistol with her finger on the trigger, as if she was about to shoot an innocent passer-by to death, and her hubby backing her up with something similar to an assault rifle.
                      She was a scared woman who was obviously not familiar with firearms, and should not be allowed to touch one until trained.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        Looks like this cow is going to do it!

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner said Monday she's charging the couple who flashed guns at a crowd marching to the mayor's office last month with felony unlawful use of a weapon.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/st-louis-...r-gardner-guns
                        They can deliver a nice big 'ol juicy civil suit at her door when they either get acquitted or pardoned.

Comment

Yeah it's not "brandishing" when you are protecting yourself on your own property. That's a lawful use of a firearm in Missouri which has a Castle doctrine

https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-x...t-563-031.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Yeah it's not "brandishing" when you are protecting yourself on your own property. That's a lawful use of a firearm in Missouri which has a Castle doctrine

Yup - this is more and more obviously an abuse of power by a nutter prosecutor. Which is the REASON I had stated before that this couple has been irritating in the past -- she probably already had an axe to grind, and is abusing the power of her office to "get even".

prosecutor.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Protecting themselves from what?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Protecting themselves from what?
                                Ah, you're not familiar with the facts of the case.

Comment