Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Make No Mistake, Democrats Will Not Protect...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Being a Trumpster, that's probably where you get your news, CP.
    Your dishonesty is only exceeded by your ignorance, Jim.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I love it how you can just make a claim based on "it's well-established".
      "leading experts" agree!

Comment

You should apply for a job as a reporter for Pravda!
        I know there's some friction going on between the two of you and JimL is mostly trolling. However the notion that Right-Wing terrorism is a lot more deadly, and that conservatives here haven't exactly interacted with it, seems fair.

2018 - Charlottesville car attack (1 dead, 28 injured - alt right terrorist drove a car into a crowd of protesters) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlo...lle_car_attack
        2018 - Pittsburgh synagogue shooting (11 dead, 6 injured - alt right terrorist argued jews was part of a "white genocide" conspiracy) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsb...gogue_shooting
        2019 - Poway synagogue shooting (1 dead, 3 injured - alt right terorrist with a manifesto against "white genocide" posted on 8chan) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poway_synagogue_shooting
        2019 - El Paso Shooting (23 dead, 23 injured - alt right terrorist with a manifesto against immigration posted on 8chan) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_El_Paso_shooting

That's not nothing. I remember with the Christchurch shooting people the discussion was almost exclusively focused on gun control issues, not what sort of weirdo influences radicalized these people.
        Last edited by Leonhard; 07-17-2020, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          I know there's some friction going on between the two of you and JimL is mostly trolling. However the notion that Right-Wing terrorism is a lot more deadly, and that conservatives here haven't exactly interacted with it, seems fair.

2018 - Charlottesville car attack (1 dead, 28 injured - alt right terrorist drove a car into a crowd of protesters) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlo...lle_car_attack
          2018 - Pittsburgh synagogue shooting (11 dead, 6 injured - alt right terrorist argued jews was part of a "white genocide" conspiracy) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsb...gogue_shooting
          2019 - Poway synagogue shooting (1 dead, 3 injured - alt right terorrist with a manifesto against "white genocide" posted on 8chan) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poway_synagogue_shooting
          2019 - El Paso Shooting (23 dead, 23 injured - alt right terrorist with a manifesto against immigration posted on 8chan) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_El_Paso_shooting

That's not nothing. I remember with the Christchurch shooting people the discussion was almost exclusively focused on gun control issues, not what sort of weirdo influences radicalized these people.
          When things like that happen, and it's "right wing", I loudly and proudly condemn them.
          When things like that happen, and it's "the left", they tend to excuse, justify, "understand".... you'll be hard pressed to find a leftist loudly and proudly condemning them.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

When things like that happen, and it's "right wing", I loudly and proudly condemn them.
            Good on you. So you agree with the FBI that right wing terrorism is the majority of the terrorism problem in the US?

When things like that happen, and it's "the left", they tend to excuse, justify, "understand".... you'll be hard pressed to find a leftist loudly and proudly condemning them.
            Exactly what violence are you speaking of that you've yet to hear a leftists condemn?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Good on you. So you agree
              Almost ALWAYS an indication Jimmy is gonna tell a big 'un.

with the FBI that right wing terrorism is the majority of the terrorism problem in the US?
              I haven't dealt with that at all.

Exactly what violence are you speaking of that you've yet to hear a leftists condemn?
              I'm not playing that game, Jim.

Comment

Except you didn’t. In the El Paso shooting you were never critical of the shooters beliefs. Your main concern was gun control. Only Raphael talked critically about the noxious online environments the shooter had been frequenting. Then Bill the Cat argued that nations where people are more homogenous are more peaceful and everyone amened him, after that you settled for disagreeing with Tasman.

In the Christchurch you prayed for the victims. After that it was all about gun control and how this wasn’t about Trump. Then later you started another thread about gun control and Christchurch.

This thread and other recent threads here on tweb have seriously made me question why I spend time here.

Comment

Who brought up the gun control talk in those threads? Was it CP or someone else?

Really, just curious.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    Who brought up the gun control talk in those threads? Was it CP or someone else?

Really, just curious.
                    Someone else, my post wasn't meant to be an inquisition. Just pointing out that there's been a lot of right-wing violence, and its kinda brushed off very quickly.

Comment

Someone else, my post wasn't meant to be an inquisition. Just pointing out that there's been a lot of right-wing violence, and its kinda brushed off very quickly.

Thanks.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Except you didn’t. In the El Paso shooting you were never critical of the shooters beliefs. Your main concern was gun control. Only Raphael talked critically about the noxious online environments the shooter had been frequenting. Then Bill the Cat argued that nations where people are more homogenous are more peaceful and everyone amened him, after that you settled for disagreeing with Tasman.

In the Christchurch you prayed for the victims. After that it was all about gun control and how this wasn’t about Trump. Then later you started another thread about gun control and Christchurch.

This thread and other recent threads here on tweb have seriously made me question why I spend time here.
                        I didn't read your links til late last night, Leon, and I soundly condemn each one of those situations. And I offer NO rationalization of justification for their actions. Is there something else you'd like me to say?

Comment

Leon, I don't dwell on those situations because there is absolutely no justification for them. They're not so much "brushed off" as they are soundly denounced. That's something you won't get the liberals here to do here -- just outright soundly denounce the violence.

Look at JimL --- he squirms around truing to blame it on the alt-right with his "how do you KNOW those are....." and trying to liken the "statue topplers" to the American Revolution. Look how fiercely denies that "Defund the Police" means "defund the police", even when we provide quotes from those who are pushing it that say that's EXACTLY what it means.

Looting and burning buildings, blocking traffic and beating up innocent people, taking over city blocks and turning them into lawless regions --- those are absolutely unacceptable. But the liberals here can't denounce that. I do.

I clearly denounce civil violence like that from wherever it comes.
                          JimL cannot.

Comment

I don't understand why you get so upset. I value you as a friend. When you disagree with me, I don't get upset and want to run off, I try to understand your position.
                            You have done a very important thing in reminding me that Tweb liberals do NOT represent liberalism in general - I get that.

Most of the people I deal with in real life (outside my church) are liberals, and they are nothing at all like the extreme leftist goom-and-doomers here, nor do they attempt to defend the "defund police" crap or make excuses for the looting and rioting we see being done by the left.

I think you get frustrated because I (and others) stand up to the extremist loony leftist nutters (being somewhat facetious) who, as you say, do NOT represent real life liberals in general.

Comment

I didn't read your links til late last night, Leon, and I soundly condemn each one of those situations. And I offer NO rationalization of justification for their actions. Is there something else you'd like me to say?
                              Then why should I condemn this or that part of Antifa, or the liberal movement as a whole. It just seems that conservatives have a get-out-of-jail card here, but I have to defend that you can support these protests without making these kinds of arguments. Why isn't it enough that I don't condone the violence?

Comment

Leon, I don't dwell on those situations because there is absolutely no justification for them. They're not so much "brushed off" as they are soundly denounced. That's something you won't get the liberals here to do here -- just outright soundly denounce the violence.

Look at JimL --- he squirms around truing to blame it on the alt-right with his "how do you KNOW those are....." and trying to liken the "statue topplers" to the American Revolution. Look how fiercely denies that "Defund the Police" means "defund the police", even when we provide quotes from those who are pushing it that say that's EXACTLY what it means.

Looting and burning buildings, blocking traffic and beating up innocent people, taking over city blocks and turning them into lawless regions --- those are absolutely unacceptable. But the liberals here can't denounce that. I do.

I clearly denounce civil violence like that from wherever it comes.
                                JimL cannot.
                                JimL, Tassman and Starlight, are all trolls. They are here for the flaming, that's about it. They're about as genuinely liberal as Darth Ex or demiservative or Epoetker were genuine conservatives.

I've condemned almost all of those acts, and while I have mixed feelings about CHAZ I've expressed that it probably was a very bad idea.
                                Last edited by Leonhard; 07-18-2020, 03:52 PM.

Comment