Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas hospitals are running out of drugs, beds, ventilators and even staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    There'd be no need for trucks if there was plenty of room left...
    They will find other ways of filling the trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
      If one thought those deaths didn't matter because it was just natural selection, that would be pretty callous.

But most atheists don't fall for an appeal to nature. They know it's a fallacy.
      That's because most Atheists don't really believe their own philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        Does it not strike you as important that it appears to me that you are? Aren't you called to act in a manner utterly above reproach?
        I can't control what you think, nor would I want to. You do you, Dob.

There is also some verse somewhere about tossing pearls at swine too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          My cousin lives in Detroit and works at the university hospital. Detroit was one of the biggest hot spots early on, but she said her hospital was never that busy, and they had plenty of room, and they were furloughing nurses because there wasn't enough people coming to the hospital (for any reason not just COVID). They even laid her off in May.
          Same story I'm getting around here, apart from the hysteria of the media.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Have you ever actually been in a morgue?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Same story I'm getting around here, apart from the hysteria of the media.
              You know - did you consider the possibility it's both, not either or?

That because of Covid, ICU's and critical care is overwhelmed, but also because of covid, people not infected are avoiding coming in, leaving other areas of the hospital under utilized.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                You know - did you consider the possibility it's both, not either or?
                Absolutely. Did you?

That because of Covid, ICU's and critical care is overwhelmed, but also because of covid, people not infected are avoiding coming in, leaving other areas of the hospital under utilized.
                I live here, Jim. I see what I see.

Comment

It sounds like the same stuff as the March and April news of New York City hospitals. The news reported heavy activity outside the hospital and of lines to get tested for cuomovirus. When citizen reporters did videos outside the hospitals, they were like ghost towns. This has to be balanced with some statistics that show lots of deaths in NYC (which is probably due to Cuomo more than anything).

Comment

Right, which is why the trucks aren't needed. Read the stories that have been linked to in this thread. And I mean read past the headline.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Absolutely. Did you?

Silly. Don't you know that the media has told you what you really must have seen?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I can't control what you think, nor would I want to. You do you, Dob.

There is also some verse somewhere about tossing pearls at swine too.
                        It's been repeated by many on here that most visitors don't post, and the discussion is mostly for their benefit. So even if I'm a reprobate the impression you give those folks is relevant. In any case, if you feel that your attitude towards those dying unnecessarily in Texas is biblical then I obviously won't change your mind. Maybe some day when things are less emotionally charged you can explain it to me because I don't get it (and wouldn't have back when I was a Christian either).

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                          It's been repeated by many on here that most visitors don't post, and the discussion is mostly for their benefit. So even if I'm a reprobate the impression you give those folks is relevant.
                          Amen!

Comment

Absolutely. Did you?

Bottom line, you believe the hospitals that say and report that they are near their ICU limits are lying. Oh well. I can't penetrate that sort of paranoia with logic or reason.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              Bottom line, you believe the hospitals that say and report that they are near their ICU limits are lying.
                              That's JimL - level stuff, Jim. Stop that. I'm trying to have a decent conversation with you, and you just can't help yourself.

Oh well. I can't penetrate that sort of paranoia with logic or reason.
                              Thanks for proving, once again, who you really are.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                                Welcome to tweb, Stoic.
                                Thanks.

That is an odd term "new deaths." Do they have a chart for old deaths?
                                I believe it's to distinguish it from "total deaths". You can also think of it as "deaths per day".

It does help to provide the link. I guess it was somewhere near the link that was shared earlier.
                                Sorry, I figured the Covid Tracking Project was easy enough to find.

The death rate listed there is quite small for a state the size of Texas. Plus, the new standards for "suspecting" the novel cuomovirus is a runny nose and other typical things of hay fever season.
                                The actual number of deaths is still pretty small for Texas, but rising pretty quickly. And the number of hospitalizations is already enough to strain hospital capacity, and still going up rapidly.

I showed in another thread how Dallas County pretty consistently had cuomovirus-ascribed deaths below 10 from April thru June. This did not vary after going into quarantine or coming out of quarantine. It did not increase during the holiday celebrations.
                                One thing about this disease (and diseases in general) is that it doesn't hit every place equally at every time.

Comment