Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kanye 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanye 2020?

If this is legit, I think this will hurt Biden the most because it might siphon his precious black vote...

Kanye West filed with the Federal Election Commission on Wednesday in his first official step toward running for president in November.

The rapper filled out the first form required by the FEC to run for president – Form 1: Statement of Organization – declaring that the Kanye 2020 committee will serve as the 'Principal Campaign Committee' with West as its candidate.

West 43, declared he will be running as a third party candidate for the BDY Party, which he says stands for the Birthday Party.

The FEC form signals West is serious about running for president in November after announcing on July 4 that he would be seeing the White House four years earlier than he previously said.

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    If this is legit, I think this will hurt Biden the most because it might siphon his precious black vote...
    Oh definitely it will hurt Biden. In fact, I heard Biden said that anyone who votes for Kanye isn't really black.

Comment

He already dropped out.

And as Bill Palmer said from day 1, he wasn't serious about running, just using this to promote his new album.

Comment

He already dropped out today. He missed the ballot deadline in most states anyway.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

In any case, Kanye was a yuge Drumpf fan; not sure why that'd hurt Biden more than His Orangeness......

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
            Oh definitely it will hurt Biden. In fact, I heard Biden said that anyone who votes for Kanye isn't really black.
            Both Zogby and Rasmussen are reporting a sharp drop in support for Biden among blacks. The former has support among blacks for Biden down to 77%.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              I'm guessing Biden has more blacks who don't want to vote for Trump and are off put by Biden's past and his "you ain't black" comments (and other such racially sensitive comments) that would vote Kanye as a protest vote. Trump supporters are pretty resolute in who they want to vote for.

Comment

On a more serious note, Kanye West is bipolar and somewhat impulsive. His public pronouncement that vaccines were the mark of the beast (during a pandemic, no less) are a good reminder of why Paul said that new converts are not to be leaders in the church. Some of us may have been a little quick to elevate him when he converted. (I have no reason to doubt the sincerity of his faith, but that statement was a bit embarrassing.)
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I'm guessing Biden has more blacks who don't want to vote for Trump and are off put by Biden's past and his "you ain't black" comments (and other such racially sensitive comments) that would vote Kanye as a protest vote.
                  I don't think this is reflective of reality; steadfast Trump supporters overestimate the severity of Biden's gaffes. However, like your post, mine is nothing more than an opinion.

Would black Biden voters choose a Republican Kanye simply because he's black (and a Not Biden)? Maybe a few would, but i doubt many...

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    He already dropped out today. He missed the ballot deadline in most states anyway.
                    According to the article, it seems to imply he filed after that statement was made. But I'm not sure. After all, we are trying to make sense of a basically a self-absorbed schizoid celebrity. so who knows.

Comment

According to the article, it seems to imply he filed after that statement was made. But I'm not sure. After all, we are trying to make sense of a basically a self-absorbed schizoid celebrity. so who knows.
                      I don't have the link handy, but apparently he initially acknowledged that he missed the deadlines but that Jared Kushner would be willing to help him get on the ballot. I get that he's more likely to take votes from Biden, but that still seems like serious wishful thinking.

Comment

Kanye has always been a nut. He is known for saying stupid things on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Kanye has always been a nut. He is known for saying stupid things on twitter.
                          Would you vote for him over Biden?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Apparently he's now filed both sets of FEC docs ($5k) and is registered to run in Oklahoma ($35k). The Oklahoma one is intriguing because of the fee and (I believe) it requires in-person registration. So someone's either playing a rather elaborate and expensive hoax or the dude's running.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Would you vote for him over Biden?
                              I would vote for Thirsty Possum over Biden.

Comment