Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Denmark among few countries not advising or requiring masks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    It's quite substantial, we can both image them, have a model of how they work and we've sequenced their DNA.
    I was talking about Kaufmann's examination of the appearance that the coronavirus may just be an exosome. The matter identified as coronavirus only has RNA and has to be constructed into a DNA strand for testing. However, it seems that this sampled virus has not been tested to see if it will make other people sick with the same symptoms.

It's more lethal than the flu, and it is rather infectious.
    Except for a few cities, the infection has been close to flu season statistics. The death counts also have been increased by the reliance on suspected cases in addition to the tested cases. I think the behavior of this coronavirus has been exceedingly less significant than the hype and the predictions. Every time I check the numbers for news stories about outbreaks in the states, the actual data shows that the deaths are more like 0.03% of the population rather than 1% or so that was predicted. (This excludes New York City, DC and New Jersey.)
    I still have to check the normal level of flu/influenza death rates across the whole population. I was thinking this 0.025% in a bad flu season.

If you did not see the data on Dallas County from last month, the number of deaths attributed to covid were pretty much flat from April through June -- generally like 6-10 a day. This was about 0.01 percent death rate across the population.

We don't know how much more infectious this is. There was no systematic sampling of population -- except I remember a University of Southern California and a Standford study which I think showed low positive results representing low infection across the population. We just know there has been much testing -- much more testing than any other flu seasons. We could find that other seasons would have had just as high results if tested across the broad population.

Comment