Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Covid-45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Death toll in the USA is now over 150,000. Stella ImmanuelConsult for your next post.
    Sad that you have to put your latest ignorant anti-Trump rant next to a death toll --- shows you don't really care about the deaths, just hate for Trump.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Sad that you have to put your latest ignorant anti-Trump rant next to a death toll
      Facts are pretty depressing for Trumpanzees these days, yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
        The death toll is bad enough without some OMB TDSer trying to score political points. You're doing the same thing. You must be so very proud.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Trumpanzees… how clever...

/sarcasm
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            Trumpanzees… how clever...

/sarcasm
            JimL needs to up his game!

Comment

Sad that you have to put your latest ignorant anti-Trump rant next to a death toll --- shows you don't really care about the deaths, just hate for Trump.
              For someone who claims not to be a Trumpster, you sure do hate you some those anti-Trumpers, CP. Sort of like you hate those anti-christians. Not your fault though, I just found out you're nothing but a wind-up toy. Romans 9:14-24.

Comment

The death toll is bad enough without some OMB TDSer trying to score political points.
                And yet almost all of your scorn is reserved for criticism of the so-called president, rather than the officials and behavior that have led to the deaths of more than a hundred thousand people - people you're keen on pretending you care about.

Comment

And yet almost all of your scorn is reserved for criticism of the so-called president,
                  You need to think that part through.

rather than the officials and behavior that have led to the deaths of more than a hundred thousand people -
                  I'm not one of the emotionally unstable s who have to always play the blame game.

people you're keen on pretending you care about.
                  Just because I don't go on some psychotic rant doesn't mean I don't care, genius.

Comment

And yet almost all of your scorn is reserved for criticism of the so-called president, rather than the officials and behavior that have led to the deaths of more than a hundred thousand people - people you're keen on pretending you care about.

. . . over 150,000
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                      . . . over 150,000
                      Yes I know. My number was lower than that because I assume we'd have had deaths even with a competent president. Even Hillary wouldn't have been able to keep the virus out of the country completely...

Comment

Yes I know. My number was lower than that because I assume we'd have had deaths even with a competent president. Even Hillary wouldn't have been able to keep the virus out of the country completely...
                        Your correct. no one can defeat nor stop the COVID-19, not the Chinese, the Mayor of New York, Trump, th Prime Minister of England, the PResident of Brazil, nor Hilary if she was elected, The COVID-19 does what viruses do and take a natural path of infection of the host population. What other did was proactively and aggressively deal with the pandemic, and reduced the fatalities particularly in the older and vulnerable population. Without competent leadership the USA, Great Britian and Brazil failed miserably, and the COVID-19 pandemic went virtually unchecked in the USA without any vaccines nor effective treatments.
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

• Source: https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/07/31/florida-reports-record-increase-in-covid-19-deaths-for-fourth-day-in-a-row/24578644/

Florida reports record increase in COVID-19 deaths for fourth day in a row
                          Thomson Reuters
                          THOMSON REUTERS

(Reuters) - Florida reported a record increase in new COVID-19 deaths for a fourth day in a row on Friday, with 257 fatalities in the last 24 hours, according to the state health department.

In numerical terms, the loss of life is roughly equivalent to the number of passengers on a single-aisle airplane.

Florida also reported 9,007 new cases, bringing its total infections to over 470,000, the second highest in the country behind California. Florida's total death toll rose to nearly 7,000, the eighth highest in the nation, according to a Reuters tally.

Florida is among at least 18 states that saw cases more than double in July.

© Copyright Original Source

Frank

Comment

• Source: https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/05/health/ohio-church-coronavirus-spread/index.html

Almost 100 people in Ohio were infected with coronavirus after man attended church service
                            By Steve Almasy, CNN

Updated 3:04 AM ET, Thu August 6, 2020

(CNN)A man with Covid-19 went to church in mid-June, then 91 other people got sick, including 53 who were at the service, according to Ohio's governor.

"It spread like wildfire, wildfire. Very, very scary," Gov. MIke De Wine said Tuesday. "We know that our faith-based leaders want nothing more than to protect those who come to worship."

To illustrate how one infected person can spread the virus, state health officials released a color graphic showing how the cases radiated to some who weren't even at the service.
                            DeWine urged people attending religious services to wear masks. He had mandated wearing face coverings for people 10 and older on July 22. On Wednesday, he ordered children in schools to wear masks, with a few exceptions.

The governor said he was going to send letters to churches, mosques and synagogues to share important health information.
                            "It is vital that, any time people gather together, everyone wear masks, practice social distancing, wash hands, and while indoors, making sure there is good ventilation and airflow," he said.

© Copyright Original Source

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              I didn't say the COVID deaths weren't bad. I was just saying comparing them to 9/11 was nothing but drama queenery.

And it's "cynical" not "synical"
                              Spelling does not change the meaning nor the peoblem.

0ver 160.000 deaths is nor 'drama queenery,' and the present average over 1,000 per day for over two weeks.
                              Last edited by shunyadragon; 08-08-2020, 01:46 PM.

Frank

Comment

0ver 160.000 deaths is nor 'drama queenery,' and the present average over 1,000 per day for over two weeks.
                                Yup. That's roughly five 9/11s.

Where's the outrage?

Comment